220 Warrenenton St, Rockland, ME, 4856, USA

Preferred Hotels Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• worst unexperience so far

My husband booked a romance package at the Samoset for our anniversary, which was pricey but affordable because meals and extras were included. When he called to confirm our reservation for the weekend, he was told that he did not buy the package, just the room, and that package was not even offered for that particular weekend. I called the resort to say that the website offers the package and availability and does not state that it is not available for our weekend. It actually comes up available. I argued this with the reservation supervisor and I was told over and over that the confirmation receipt would have stated that we had bought a package if it was actually available. I even asked how to actually book our package in a different way so that we could have received it and she could not even tell me how to do that online. We never would have booked a 400.00 a night room with no meals or package extras. I have stayed at many resorts and when booking at these other places, the sites always have stated if certain packages were not available at certain times. AND...if I did try to book on an unavailable weekend, the calendar is marked as so and the site would never let you book a reservation. The Samoset reservation supervisor was very rude, disrespectful and did not even offer any type of compensation and she repeated her comment several times "I am sorry for the inconvenience". We have not even stayed there yet and we are very upset and disappointed. I would never recommend the Samoset to anyone and I certainly will never go back. If we could have received a refund, we certainly would not be going there for our anniversary. So, don't try to book a romance package on a holiday weekend, because you will be scammed!

Unique Quality: Worst customer service I have ever had!

Directions: Rt 1 off Main Street

More about Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Terrible service for a 4 star resort

by TripAdvisor Member GNS

Just got back from a 3-day company retreat at Samoset Resort. The resort is at an outstanding location and has a great ocean view. The newly renovated rooms are very nice, outdoor and indoor pools are great. But talk about service - it is probably one of the worst I have ever experienced. Room service was nonexistent because no one picks up the phone.

Company had arranged for breakfast from 7-9am. It was terrible and at 840am there was no food left. When I asked the service manager, if they intend to bring more food out for so many people who were waiting, he said he will see what he can do and told me that the breakfast was supposed to end at 9am. But the time was only 845am. They seem to focus on themselves not on the guest needs. Other lunches and dinners we had were terrible as well.

I would not recommend this resort to anyone, nor will we stay here again. The management needs to probably train their staff in basics of guest service and they will probably have a winner in my mind.

Home away from Home

by TripAdvisor Member cuntrygrl

It's just like a home away from home. This is one of the most beautiful resorts we have visited. It is located directly at the water's edge, and the sound of the fog horn at night adds even more atmosphere. The on-site golf course is challenging, and the health club is well-outfitted. There is plenty to do on the grounds, and more attractions are within easy driving distance. Two restaurants provide casual or upscale dining. The service is outstanding you couldn't ask for better.

Just outside the resort grounds is the quaint town of Camden, Maine, just another primary asset for this resort. Camden offers quaint shopping, fine dining, art galleries, and a postcard-perfect harbor where two- and three-masted scooners leave port regularly. Camden is a must-see for any Samoset visitor.

We can't wait to go back!

Very Nice, but.....

by TripAdvisor Member DMehring

We stayed a week in the timeshare units (one bedroom) from June 2-9. The resort is very nice and well kept with beautiful views but unless you are into golf there is not much to do on site (the fitness center is outstanding). Most nights the lounge area was mostly empty and the constant rain we had did not help. We walked down by the water where the breakwater was located and it was smelly from the seaweed from the tide being out. and was not that attractive. The breakfest buffet was excellent but then we found out it is only on weekends and weekdays when the regular breakfast menu is served is quite pricey. We never ate at Marcels, the resorts fine dining, but went out each night. Three local restaurants were excellent- Primos, Atlantica and Chez Michael. The room we had was well kept and furnished except the bathroom was definitely not of a 4 star faciilty- more like an older Holiday Inn- very dated. Maybe the Hotel rooms are better, I hope so. Camden is a nice small seashore town with some shopping and restaurants about 10 minutes away- BUT- we found Boothbay Harbor to be much nicer and better and Bar Harbot to be in league above them both. We will return to Bar Harbor, not to Rockport- too little going on and to do.

Panoramic View

by TripAdvisor Member glenpark

We stayed at the Samoset in June. It was our first time in Maine. The view from the hotel's rooms, dining room, lobby, and even its hallways was magnificent. The room was comfortable, and we had a small patio overlooking the golf course and the ocean. We ate in the downstairs restaurant for lunch. Delicious chowder! The waitstaff were all so nice and made us feel at home, too. We viewed a stately schooner and lobster boats out in the bay as we ate. (The golf course looked great, right on the ocean, but the weather wasn't cooperating, much to my husband's disappointment.) We were only there one night, but I think this place seemed to be a resort families with kids would love, as well as just couples. There was lots of room to roam here.

Not A Repeat Visit.

by TripAdvisor Member waterfalls4me

For a 4 star resort, I found the attitudes of the check in staff to be that of a untrained, roach motel attendant.
I phone early that morning to inform them of my early arrival as i have been driving for more than 18+ hours and as that if my room was ready would it be possible to get an early check-in... the staff say no that check-in is at 4PM and it is on your confimation sheet whch i agreed. At 4 i went back to get my key as i had already done a pre-check in and was told that my room wasn't ready :(

This resort waited until 4pm to hand out any room keys which created and a crowd and the parking was crazy during unloading of your car.

The area and resort is quite beautiful, with many amenities, I am currenting here for 7 nights but will cut this trip short and see Williamsburg, VA.

Sincerely,