Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Poor Value

Costs More than similar hotels

See Best VT Value Hotels

worst unexperience so far

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 8, 2010

My husband booked a romance package at the Samoset for our anniversary, which was pricey but affordable because meals and extras were included. When he called to confirm our reservation for the weekend, he was told that he did not buy the package, just the room, and that package was not even offered for that particular weekend. I called the resort to say that the website offers the package and availability and does not state that it is not available for our weekend. It actually comes up available. I argued this with the reservation supervisor and I was told over and over that the confirmation receipt would have stated that we had bought a package if it was actually available. I even asked how to actually book our package in a different way so that we could have received it and she could not even tell me how to do that online. We never would have booked a 400.00 a night room with no meals or package extras. I have stayed at many resorts and when booking at these other places, the sites always have stated if certain packages were not available at certain times. AND...if I did try to book on an unavailable weekend, the calendar is marked as so and the site would never let you book a reservation. The Samoset reservation supervisor was very rude, disrespectful and did not even offer any type of compensation and she repeated her comment several times "I am sorry for the inconvenience". We have not even stayed there yet and we are very upset and disappointed. I would never recommend the Samoset to anyone and I certainly will never go back. If we could have received a refund, we certainly would not be going there for our anniversary. So, don't try to book a romance package on a holiday weekend, because you will be scammed!

Unique Quality: Worst customer service I have ever had!

Directions: Rt 1 off Main Street

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Rockland Travel Forum

Need advice about Rockland, Maine? Visit the Travel Forum for Rockland and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Rockland