220 WARRENTON STREET, Rockport, ME 04856
Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

Costs 76% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Samoset Resort On The Ocean

BEST PLACE FOR A WEEKEND...

by FredMaine

BEST PLACE FOR A WEEKEND GETAWAY. THE SAMOSET RESORT. ROCKPORT, MAINE
$185 per night, but well worth it!!! Winter mid-week specials are half this price and include dinner. Golf, swimming, shopping, beautiful views of ocean.

A real gem - keep it a secret !

by TripAdvisor Member sweetmarie

The Flume Cottage at the Samoset Resort was by far the best accomodation of our whole journey! It is situated at the far end of the golf course directly on the ocean (you cannot swim there and do not try to climb on the rocks !). There are two bedrooms with small bathrooms, a large living room with a very good kitchen, a fire place and a deck with deckchairs and a gas grill. Every morning the friendly staff is bringing the breakfast which is good. You also have a free golf car because you have to leave the car at the parking lot (the golfers are around). The Samoset Resort itself has a very good situation and a great golf course. I do not know the rooms. The lobby is not so inviting and the swimming pool needs a renovation rather urgent. But we liked it there very, very much !

Fair--at best. Awful service.

by TripAdvisor Member ZenMommy

We were amazed at the lack of customer service at the Samoset Resort and in Maine, in general.
The resort is definitely not as luxurious as the website seems. Rooms are almost Holiday Inn-ish. Not worth the money.
Worst aspects:
--Food is ok, at best, but very overpriced for what you get. That includes Marcel's and Breakwater Cafe. At Marcel's we had wine that had turned sour and flies buzzing around our table. The waitstaff at Breakwater Cafe was young, untrained and completely inept.
--Generic rooms
--The bar closes at 10:30-11:00 so forget about a nightcap after you come back from dinner.

Best aspects:
--My husband loved the golf course right on the ocean.
--free wireless internet in the rooms.
--The health club people were very nice. I loved the group yoga class and had a wonderful massage.

I definitely would not return here or recommend it to friends.

A romantic coastal getaway

by TripAdvisor Member Portland_MEKathleen

My husband and I stayed at the Samoset for 2 nights while touring around New England last month, and it was nothing short of fantastic. We booked a package deal called Romance on the Coast that included a bottle of champagne, dinner, and breakfast. The food in Marcel's (the restaurant) was wonderful, and the staff was so nice. Everyone at the resort was super friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were having a good time. Our room was beautiful - we even had a balcony that looked out over the ocean! The lobby at this place is great - the roaring fire and warmth of the decor was really inviting. I will definitely return to the Samoset and encourage anyone who is looking for a nice, romantic weekend to go there.

Only fair expected better

by TripAdvisor Member cap76

Just got back from 3 days at the Samoset with our three kids. We had a recently renovated room which was nice. The Camden/Rockport area is beautiful and we planned to sightsee with the kids and then relax by the pool in the afternoon. The pool is atrocious and desperately needs to be renovated or replaced. You have to walk all the way through the parking lot to get to it. It had all debris floating in it and even though there was a pool attendant no one skimmed it. The patio around the pool is all cracked with large holes. For a resort that is supposed to be 4-star it is just unacceptable. Even the kids who are usually oblivious to these things thought the pool was gross.

I just wouldn't stay here again although we love the area.

Love Coming Back

by TripAdvisor Member chipbarfly

My family and I just returned from our annual visit to the Samoset and continue to enjoy the hotel and its amenities. We stayed for two days during the last week in August and although it rained, the stay was very enjoyable.

We were recognized by name at check-in and stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms - excellent job. Although I didn't play golf this time, it looked like the conditions were stellar. We ate in the Breakwater Cafe one evening and the food and service were wonderful.

My family of five looks forward to going back in 2007!

Rockport

by nino224

Hi all,

I'm planning a roadtrip from Boston to Rockport, ME (Samoset Resort), in mid September so as to avoid the crowds. Is this a good time? What should I look for along the way? And yes, I'm going for the Lobsta so give me a list of all your favorite places.

Re: Rockport

by nino224

Hiya Ex-Mainer,

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Big difference there.

We'll be taking our time driving up there, so...a day or two?

Comments