Stonington Hotels

Our Members Say

• kayakfan profile photo kayakfan
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Old Quarry Ocean Adventures: Maine's Best Campground

After researching different camping options in Maine, my family and I decided to book a week-long stay at Old Quarry Ocean Adventures in Stonington, Maine. As an avid camper, I can honestly say that this is the best camping experience I have ever had!

We highly recommend staying at Old Quarry. Captain Bill, the owner of the property, was so accommodating to everything we needed. The campsite itself was gorgeous -- very private and wooded, with breathtaking oceanfront views. The bathhouse was very clean and well-maintained. The campground store is well-stocked with anything you may need or want, from firewood, to sleeping bags, to toiletries, to snacks. Coming from the Midwest, it was quite an experience for us to sleep by the ocean and hear the sounds of seagulls, frogs, and lobster boats!

It was a great trip for us, the kids, and the dog! We will definitely be back!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Camping, Sailing and Boating, Kayaking
  • Written June 10, 2012
Tip Photo

• CurryGirl profile photo CurryGirl
  • Reviews: 3

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Penny's B & B: Perfect for Painters (and others)

I spent five delightful nights at Penny's. This is a friendly, relaxed, place, where sharing a bathroom resulted in unexpected friendships. Breakfast is a casual serve-yourself (wild blueberries provided!). I was there for a painting workshop, and Penny, being a painter herself, was wonderfully helpful, and didn't mind my easel set up on her porch. (Love the porch.)

Perched above the town, there are views of the harbor. It's a less than 5 minute walk into town down the hill, but Penny's is really quiet. I slept well. Ferry to Isle Au Haut (part of Acadia) is in town.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Cycling, Kayaking, Photography
  • Written July 29, 2010

• MickeyMuse profile photo MickeyMuse
  • Reviews: 63

Old Quarry Campground: Stonington's Best Campground

Please check the main Maine page for more information on the Old Quarry Campground.

Clean, on the water and removed from town

• Opinion of Price: about average