Route 1A, Long Beach Avenue, York Beach, Maine, 03910, United States

Satisfaction Poor

• BeachBumz's Profile Photo

York Beach's Wonderful Inn

Wow. What a wonderful inn. Very clean, wonderful service.

Right across the street from Long Sands Beach and The Sun n' Surf Restaurant.

I would definately stay here again.

Unique Quality: 3 pools - 1 indoor at the main building (with hot tub and pool cafe), 1 outdoor pool (with slide) and 1 indoor lap pool in the atrium building (which is where I stayed).

More about Anchorage Inn

Mediocre, small outdated rooms and misleading details

We were disappointed in our stay. We paid extra to have a third floor room with a view, but the view was mostly blocked by the office/pool building in front of it.
If security is a concern, they still use metal keys with the room number key rings, and not the credit card type room keys with codes that change with every guest.
The rooms (we stayed in the front older building) were small and outdated, but pretty clean. The bathroom was tiny and the sink was in the main room without any countertop.
We did not visit the newer Atrium complex. It is on the side of the property, but it looked like one side had angled balconies for an attempt at a view.
The restaurant across the street was pricey, but the quality of the food was good. The service was a little slow as they seemed understaffed, but okay.
Beware of any claims to a continental breakfast. It wouldn't have been such a big deal if handled differently. When making reservations, I was told a continental breakfast was provided. When I went to grab a bagel for breakfast, I was informed that the breakfast is provided, but NOT INCLUDED in the price. It wasn't worth paying for as there were only a few bagels and not much else to choose from (coffee was also extra). When I confronted the management about being misled, I was treated very rudely, in fact yelled at.
We will not be going back.

A great family getaway!

I stayed at the Anchorage Inn in 2003 with alot of my family, my aunt and my two cousins. The Anchorage Inn is a great place to stay, its close to the beach and its got a great view and the sevice is excellnt! This summer i am returning with my family only this time we are bringing more people.My two aunts my 3 cousins my mom my two sisters and my neice! I am sure it is goin to be a wonderful stay and i hope to enjoy it as much as i have been for the past 12 years!

ok-not worth $200/night!

by TripAdvisor Member mommy2boys

My husband and two children, ages 9 and 6, stayed at the Anchorage for 2 nights the last week in July 2005. We have stayed here before and only wanted to stay in the Atrium building as the rooms are more updated than in the main building. The rate was $200 a night for a room with 2 beds. Really small, but ok for the night. There were little things that were in need of repair, such as cracks in tiles, dripping water, broken toilet, etc. Nothing that really hampered our stay.
They were not at all accomodating and the food was ok, but way too expensive for what you got. The Sun and Surf, across the street, used to be a cheap place to get a bite to eat. Not anymore..breakfast for 3 was over $35. It was not bad, but definitely not worth the money. Nice view of the ocean though.
For our second night, they were "overbooked" and made us move to a different room with only a king bed, so our kids had to sleep on the floor. They did not mind, but it was a little inconvienent to do so.
Bottom line, we will not go back. The pool is great for the kids, but that is about it. There are tons of other places to stay that do not cost as much. If you stay at the Anchorage, you are basically paying for the easy access to the beach at Long Sands.

I would rather sleep on a bench in Revere.

by TripAdvisor Member bcapalbo

This "motel" is the worst property I have ever stayed at in my entire life. To all the readers, trust me, Don't do it to yourself. The owners are horrid and the management is a hassle. Im sure that 200.00 a night x 178 rooms helps the owners buy their new cars and eat the finest foods etc. but they are NOT putting any money into their five-star dive! Floors slant, doors wont close and the rooms are filthy.

The front desk staff is rude. You cannot ask them for anything without being treated like you are a criminal.

The continental brekfast is terrible. Coffee, 1.00 - bagel, 2.00 Stale cookie- god only knows how much!

And again, may i stress that the rooms are filthy?!?! They smell like someone used the corner of the room as a bathroom . not to mention someone who is staff there went in and took some belongings out of my room, from my son's bag. I am a little nerved up about it because the items taken were strange items that should not be touched in a 12-year old boys back pack.. Highly strange.. It is simply because of that issue that i will not go back again. Please dont stay there!

Bad, Bad Hotel

$170 a night and not even a continental breakfast? They do offer muffins, coffee etc. but they charge an arm and a leg. Our "non-smoking" room was tiny and stunk of stale cigarette butts. The water pressure was horrible. The restaurant staff was rude. They did not have our reserved room ready for us when we arrived. Bright lights shine in your room all night long. As the vacation progressed I became more and more angry at their lack of concern for their guests. I do not recommend anyone wasting their money, or their vacation on this hotel.

Extreemly disappointing

My husband and I stayed in this so called resort from Aug 26 till the 30, we were suppose to stay until the 1st of Sept. Our Daughter and her family were in separate rooms, equally as bad. This hotel should not be considered a resort. The indoor pool was so cloudy & green that we wouldn't have let our dog swim in it. The carpets were stained and the so called balcony could hardly accomadate two small chairs.
Anchorage Inn stated in there advertisment that it was waterfront, well the beach is accross the street. with no steps. You have to trudge over very rock terrain to get to it. The beds were so hard that you might as well have slept on the floor. They have a continental breakfast that costs a fortune for what you get, stale donuts and bagels. Not even a free newpaper! My daughters family of 3 spent $14 for coffee and donuts. geeze . A little steep in my book; but not as steep as the room rates $800 for 5 nights, resort prices for a common motel.
We all left a day early because of inclement weather; no refund of course. Would have stayed the extra night in these over priced rooms but as I said the indoor pool was so dirty, we went home , with back aches for souvenirs. On a scale of 1 to 10 we give this establishment a 1 , and that is generous. We all were very disappoined.

Location, Location, Location

We stayed three days and it was very over priced for what kind of room you get. There room was very run down and the entire room sloped to one side. The bathroom was verry small. The big plus was being able to walk across the street and be at the beach. The bad part was that your window that faced the ocean actually faced the parking lot, so you could not have the window open with out having every one else see you.

Gimme a break!

What a complete dive. $200 a night for a room that smells like a garbage dumpster. Rude staff, filthy hallways, outrageous prices, and if you missed it, incredibly rude staff.

You would do much better to stay at one of the smaller hotels on the beach (like I will next time). They're no more expensive and while they aren't shiny, they are comfortable and clean, two things The Anchorage cannot claim.

Big pool is clean, but the bar is pricey and offers not much. The adjacent restaurant is awful. Staff is rude and the supervisors demonstrate why, barking at staff at all times. I wouldn't pay to park on their lawn next time. No thank you.

It was OK

by TripAdvisor Member bcabc

The location is nice, right across from the Ocean. We asked for an ocean view room, and we were put in the new Atrium, which is located behind the main building. Our ocean view turned out to be from a very small balcony on the side of the building, and you could barely see the ocean. I wasn't impressed and wouldn't stay there again.

Comments