Route 1A & Long Sands Ave, York Beach, Maine, 03911, United States
Orbitz.com CheapTickets.com

More about York Beach

Sun n SurfSun n Surf

small crab hiding in the rocks at York Beachsmall crab hiding in the rocks at York Beach

The glorious seaThe glorious sea

Nubble Light in lower MaineNubble Light in lower Maine

A Place To Stay In York Beach, Maine

by mrpoetryman

My family and I are planning to take a cacation in York Beach, Maine in August and would like to know a nice place to stay. We have 2 daughters, ages 11 and 15. We are planning to stay about 4 days, and would prefer a place that would have suite type accomodation's with 2 bedrooms. Thank you very much. If you need any more information, please ask.

RE: A Place To Stay In York Beach, Maine

by N-D-King

We have stayed at a little 3 story Victorian cottage about a 5 minute walk from Short Sands Beach, on Ocean Avenue Extension.......the road that goes to Nubble Light. It is pretty well jazzed up and has a great tower bedroom, and more on the second floor. It had secure WiFi and that worked great.

Nice kitchen and about 100' from the ocean. I don't remember the agent but the house had a website- www.bayhavenyork.com

Ask if you have more questions. We have gone to York Beach for quite a few years.

N-D

RE: A Place To Stay In York Beach, Maine

by KarenandCory

I wish I could offer some advice. I haven't stayed in a York Beach hotel in about 20 years. My family has a house there now. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time.

Travel Tips for York Beach

Driving past York Beach

by BeachBumz

This really isn't an activity, but driving along to go to Nubble Lighthouse for like the third time, I looked to my right at the beach and saw the most amazing sand sculpture there. I pulled over to take a picture of it. It was really cool, but funny.

Flood: May 2006

by KarenandCory

Cory's mom & sister came up from Florida to visit us for the first time. No lie, it rained non-stop the whole time. The rain caused lots of flooding in Maine. I found these pictures at

We were shopping here the day before the guy is rowing his boat down the street.

Luckily, my parent's home suffered only from a leaking door.

Short Sands Beach Fun

by KarenandCory

You can rent floats right on Short Sands Beach near Fun o Rama. You can also rent umbrellas and chairs "At Your Own Risk" (giggle),
I didn't see any prices listed but most likely worth it if you don't have your own.

Basketball

by KarenandCory

There is a basketball court on Short Sands Beach. It is always being used. I assume you just have to be lucky enough to find it empty, or wait your turn. At the very least, you young teenage girls can go check out the boys! Bring your own basketball.

BOCCE ON THE BEACH

by KarenandCory

Bocce is a popular activity on Long Sands Beach. There's not enough space on Short Sands to sling your balls... (sorry, couldn't resist).

What is Bocce? It's kind of like bowling on the beach.
The goal is to get your Bocce ball as close as possible to the pallino, a smaller ball which is rolled first. The bocce coming closest to the pallino scores. I don't own my own Bocce balls so I only play when my cousins bring their set.

I'm not sure if you can buy Bocce balls in York Beach. Probably not since most of the stores are tourist oriented gift shops. So, find your own Bocce set or use different kinds of balls.

Comments