The Atlantic House

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Terrible Experience

I was scheduled to arrive at the hotel on Sunday October 23 and on Thursday October 20th I needed to cancel the reservation because of a loss in the family. I was told that if I cancelled I was going to be charged 1/2 of the total cost of the room which was already charged to my credit card the day I made the reservation. I was told this is in the cancellation policy. The thing that annoys me is I got the cancellation policy when they sent my confirmation email out and when they had already charged my credit card! I was never told of a cancellation policy prior to that and it’s not on their website anywhere either! The General Manager Fred is extremely nasty! I told him that he needed to do one of two things; either refunds my money or I was going to be sure to let people know what terrible customer service they have. He began yelling and telling me the last time someone wrote something negative about them that they filed a lawsuit against that person and where extremely successful. He continued yelling and screaming at me and would not let me speak and eventually just hung the phone up on me. I have never in my life encountered someone in his position to act the way he did. I realize there is a cancellation policy, but you are not made aware of it until AFTER they charge your credit card and send you the confirmation email and it’s too late! I am just completely appalled by the way I was treated by the GM at this hotel!

Comments