Doubletree Hotel Annapolis

210 Holiday Court, (formerly Radisson), Annapolis, Maryland, 21401, United States

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Good Location and Comfortable

We picked this hotel strictly because of location. We knew that Annapolis was a far as we wanted to drive on a Friday night before heading into D.C. The hotel was convieniently located off the highway; which was nice since it was dark and raining.

This hotel was very busy. We arrived at the fron desk to a long line of guests checking in at 11pm; most guests were military personnel. There was only one front desk clerk and he tried his best to keep the line moving. We waited about twenty minutes before we could check in...not fun considering we were both exausted. We were handed our room key cards and warm cookies...I really love the warm chcocolate chip cookies.

Our room was on the second floor and a bit out of the way. Thankfully we were "out of the way", it was very quiet on our end of the hotel compared to the other side. The room was a nice size with the typical king bed, TV, desk, chair, ottoman, closet and bathroom. The bathtub was a bit rundown looking but otherwise the rest of the room was good.

I love the mattresses at the Double Tree; they are so comfortable. We always have a great sleep when we are at Double Tree Hotels. Our stay was nice and restfull. We woke up refreshed and ready to head to D.C.

The hotel does have a restaurant and bar but we chose to head out of the hotel for breakfast since it was rather crowded.

• Great Stay

Excuse if I posted this elsewhere incorrectly, still learning my way around the site.

I had planned a trip to Annapolis for some time, but was watching my pennies. I found this hotel and while it wasn't on the water, the hotel had this great shuttle service that would drop you off and pick you back up again for free.

I had planned the first night to go for some local seafood, but when I checked in I met the general manager and he was telling me they had cream of crab soup in the resturant that had wons many awards. He sold me on that, and I was not disappointed. That soup wasf creamy and chocked full of lump crab meat. The rest of the dinner was just as enjoyable I had a broiled rock fish that was perfect in every way.

With a start like that, I was looking forward to a great weekend. I wasn't disappointed, they had recently undergone renovations and the rooms were very nice/clean/comfortable. I slept like a log on their beds.

If you have a chance to check it out, you should. I saved some coins and got great value for my dollar.

• Doubletree Hotel Annapolis MD - Fabulous Stay

More about Doubletree Hotel Annapolis

Mixed Feelings About Doubletree Annapolis

by TripAdvisor Member Who Dat?

The DoubleTree has just been renovated, so it's really bright and attractive. It's one exit away from where we needed to be (by Church Circle and St. John's College), which was really convenient. If we didn't have our own car, we would definitely use the free shuttle service that goes anywhere within a 5-mile radius. The toiletry products that the hotel uses are all Neutrogena, which is great! My husband really appreciated the warm cookie that we received upon checking in, too.

The downside is that when we checked in for only one night - we are clearly a married couple - they booked us a room with double beds. That seems pretty illogical to me, but since we checked in so late and were tired, we accepted it. The woman at the front desk didn't seem to know the Annapolis area very well, since she misinformed us that all restaurants would close by 10 pm (maybe to get us to eat at the hotel restaurant?). We had wireless so we found a good place to eat late.

The room itself was nice, but it had a few issues that compromised my confidence in the cleanliness of the hotel. The tub was NOT cleaned, so there was a nasty dirt ring lining it. Also, when I flushed the toilet, water emerged from the tank. I had to lay towels down on the floor to keep from stepping in toilet water.

I booked my room on Priceline, so maybe getting a room like this is punishment, I don't know. But I am reticent about staying here again.

Best Deal in Annapolis

by TripAdvisor Member doclees

Great service. We got in early at 12pm and were able to check in. We then took the free(tips) shuttle to the docks and spent the day. When we got back at 11pm our room a/c was not working. In 10 min. maintenance changed rooms for us. Check out at 12pm but we were able to keep the car there and again take the shuttle. Nice quiet room.

Terrible service and restaurant

by TripAdvisor Member TravelOftenUsa

The room was ok, the staff was non-existent, total confusion, and the service and the buffet in the restaurant was very poor for a $13.00+ breakfast. They ran out of food on the buffet, barked at anyone that asked for more eggs, and and took over an hour to bring food to the folks that ordered off the menu. Took two hours to eat breakfast. Wait staff never showed up to refill and had the nads to put an automatic 20% tip on the tab. The Red Roof across the street would have been as good for 1/2 the price. Stay and eat somewhere else. If you do stay, avoid the restaurant.

Will not stay here again

by TripAdvisor Member FTMNorthCarolina

This reservation was booked through a group booking agent for a lacrosse tournament for our son. We arrived at 7:00 on a Friday night during a busy weekend. The first thing that met us was a letter to the parents/kids in the lacrosse tournament. It bascially said no parties, no loud voices, no unsupervised children but ...welcome to the Doubletree. The tone of this letter set the tone for the weekend. Upon checking in we were told there were no other 2 double bed rooms available except on the smoking hall. We had 3 of us so we had to take them. The hall itself was not too bad. However the room was miserable. It stank of cigerettes. The toilet was not anchored to the floor and rocked back and forth, the sink fixtures were loose and spun in the holes, there were 2 burned marks on the beside table from cigs. The furniture itself was very worn and chipped and the clock in the room was not even close to being right. We decided to try and stick it out because our son's team was at this hotel. Bad decision! As the night went on the smoke got worse and worse. At 2:00AM somebody was sitting in the hall outside our door smoking and talking on the phone. At this point my husband went to the front desk and asked if we could have 2 king bed rooms. The manager said no we would have to wait until morning. In the morning we went first thing to the front desk and said we needed to move. We were willing to pay for an extra room just to get off the smoking hall. She said she had 4 king rooms available and she would talk to her manager. We went back after breakfast and she said she only had 1 room available and no rollaway beds. When we asked about the 4 rooms she had 1 hour ago she said they were not available anymore. My son and I moved to the 3rd floor and my husband spent the rest of the morning trying to find a room for himself at a different hotel. Not once in the whole 48 hours did 1 person say they were sorry for the inconvenience or anything. The staff was all very rude and not willing to help find a solution. DO NOT let them put you on the smoking floor. The rooms on the 3rd floor were nice but not worth the price. The renovation they did just seemed like a cheap bandaid to the property. Would never stay here again.

Solid Choice in Annapolis

by TripAdvisor Member amac2233

You can not go wrong with the Doubletree. The service is great, and the front desk staff is friendly and welcoming. The cookies are a nice touch. I did not try the resturant but it looked nice. The pool looked appealing, but I did not get a chance to use it. The fitness room had nice equipment, but was a little small. They have a nice little store where I bought Tylenol for a headache which was only two dollars. The rooms are very clean, and the beds are comfortable. The furnishings fit perfectly; they are neutral and comforting. The bathroom is a little small, but well furnished, and has a good shower.
However, the view from my room on the fourth floor was an unimpressive look at the parking lot, Route 50/301, and the Best Western next door. Also, the walls seemed insufficient in the sense that we could hear the people in the room beside us when they talked loud enough. Lastly, the price was a little high at $199 a night.

Very Worn

by TripAdvisor Member mistful

My fiance and I stayed at the Doubletree for our first vacation in our two years together. We weren't expecting a lot, but it definitely did not meet our expectations. The staff from the front desk to the restaurant staff, to the shuttle drivers were all very pleasant and helpful, but the hotel was very worn. The bed in our room should have been replaced years ago - the bed was sunken in the middle - even when there was nothing on it and the springs were definitely worn out. The room was tiny and the walls were pretty thin - we could hear our neighbors. Another issue was that there were many events going on such as a two day public auction over the weekend - which added to the number of people in the hotel.

The hotel offers a free shuttle into town - but because they were hosting a wedding reception, the shuttle was commited to shuttling guests back and forth to and from the wedding site. This meant that none of the other guests could use it.

The bottom line is that this hotel was fine, but since most of the area hotels run free shuttles to the waterfront, you can do better for your money.

Great Experience

by TripAdvisor Member ladyinred1256

Our most recent stay at Doubletree was another wonderful experience. We have stayed here several times and to us, the Doubletree is almost like home! The Hotel is nicely furnished and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. The staff is very professional and very friendly and accomodating from the minute you walk through the door. We are looking forward to our next trip to Doubletree!

Comments