Annapolis Hotels

Our Members Say

• ranger49 profile photo ranger49
  • Reviews: 857

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Chick and Ruths Delly/ Scotlaur Inn: B&B in a Delly.

We soon found that our lucky spotting of a "vacant" sign had brought us to something of an institution in Annapolis.
Chick and Ruth arrived from Baltimore in 1965 to open a sandwich bar here and turned it into something that would outlast them and be carried on by their family.
The Delly is frequented by Politicians and Staff from the State House up the road , local regulars and visitors like us passing through.

It seemed we probably had the only available room left in Annapolis. We could not have been more comfortable or in a better location - right on Main Street but with parking right outside our backdoor.
I had the feeling the letting rooms in the annexe were new - certainly they were very recently decorated and furnished, with a comfortable bed and spotless shower room.

The Delly opens early for breakfast and it was already quite busy when we went down on our first morning and we were just about to start when a bell sounded. We wondered if it were a fire alarm and as everyone stood up, so we did too .
Still not not quite sure what was going on when we recognised the words of the Pledge of Allegiance !
It is a tradition here at 8am each day for all those present in the Deli to stand to renew the Pledge.

I can't remember what we were having for breakfast when it was interrupted though it had gone a bit cold by the time we got back to it, nor can I recall what we paid for the two nights accommodation except it was very reasonable.

But I wouldn't have missed the experience of staying at at Chick and Ruth's Delly.

Nowhere like I had stayed before or since -a unique American experience

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written September 18, 2009

• SmileyLeSa profile photo SmileyLeSa
  • Reviews: 208

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Navy Lodge: Overnight Stay

We stayed at the Navy Lodge. It was an average and clean place. Small, two story building nestled behind some trees. Nothing special by any means, but perfect for an overnight stay.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written April 17, 2004

• frankcanfly profile photo frankcanfly
  • Reviews: 2603

The Boat

Dad keeps his boat docked just south of Annapolis.... If you're real nice, you just might get invited to come over....

Larry:

frankcan'tsail, but frank'sfathercansailwell

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written September 18, 2002

In calm waters

• frankcanfly profile photo frankcanfly
  • Reviews: 2603

Navy Lodge

If you have a government ID, you may be able to stay at the Navy Lodge located across the Severn River from Annapolis...... A great location

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written September 18, 2002
Tip Photo

• sir_chas profile photo sir_chas
  • Reviews: 6
My apartment is very nice. I...

My apartment is very nice. I live by myself 1 block from the harbour and welcome quests with good attitudes.
its free if i think you deserve it.

it is a historic building that was once owned by the richest black man in maryland and was built by slave labor in the early 18th century. I live in the top flat and like to go up on the roof in the summer.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive