The Westin Annapolis

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about The Westin Annapolis

Horrible Front Desk Service

by TripAdvisor Member SCJ109

We booked our stay with Priceline, and pre-paid for our stay at the Weston. When we checked in it was confirmed that our room was pre-paid, however we left our credit card for "incidentals". For some reason, Westin charged our credit card for the stay. I called as soon as I found out and expected a simple phone call would handle the matter. I was wrong. The person I spoke to insisted I did not stay at the Westin. Then he decided I need to resolve the matter with Priceline, not Westin. I actually had to fax my Price line information and my credit card bill, and make 3 follow up phone calls over three days to get a credit. After all that, the credit was not even for the correct amount! It was a terrible hassle and something I have never experienced in all my years of booking on Priceline.

Fancy and nice.

by TripAdvisor Member Leaudemiel

The concierge was accomodating and really great. No one treated us any differently for being a discount room (we booked online for a great rate). The room was confortable. The location was all right, we could easily walk to town. The pool/workoutroom was clean and nice.

The only negative thing, there was no orientation book in the room, with the pool hours or room service options. Found that a little strange, considering there was a safe in the closet and a bar in the fridge.

Fun trip

by TripAdvisor Member sscat

After reading some of the reviews I was a little worried but I am happy to report that they really worked out all the issues. The front desk staff was great and they gave both of my girls little backpacks full of fun stuff to do. The room was wonderful they have great extras in the room. The hotel is a little bit of a walk however it is on West street so there are lots of great restaurants and shops about a block and a half away.

All and all I would stay here again because its the best I have stayed at in Annapolis. I have stayed at the Marriott downtown but the only thing it has going for it is location.

Nothing more, nothing less

by TripAdvisor Member Skywalker05

Stayed for a weekend at this Westin. Loved the location and the good rooms. Nice new hotel. Staff was great.

Ate at the restuarant located in hotel. Food was delicious - but service was slow. We waited 30 minutes for a beer and a salad - and we were the only people eating at that time. That being said, food was so good - we ordered the same thing from room service the next night.

Location of hotel was great - easy access to downtown Annapolis and historic district.

Overall a great vacation and a good hotel.

Great. Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member Jamiesam06

We stayed here for a long weekend. Hotel had only been open a few weeks. Had absolutely no problems, room was great as expected at a Westin. Check-in was smooth. Even chatted with the manger when getting coffee in the morning. Things wil be even better once the Morton's and Starbucks have opened (which they may have by now). The rate was better than other hotels.

Great Promise-Poor Followthrough

by TripAdvisor Member dcande01

I'd expected a top class hotel, and the appearance of the hotel common areas is really quite elegant. Then there's the room. The duvet cover on one of the beds was covered with blood, which I didn't notice until the morning after check-in. It had been turned over so the blood wasn't immediately visible. I left it in full view of the cleaning staff. There was also a little blood on one of the sheets. I didn't call the cleaning staff's attention to this because I wanted to see whether they'd notice. They didn't. Then there were those sheets. I'd never thought that I'd turned into a sheet snob, but I use only 100% Egyptian cotton sheets at home. The sheets at the Westin were extremely uncomfortable, and I at first just assumed that the hotel used a harsh commercial soap. During my examination of the sheets, looking for more blood, I found the fabric content tag. The sheets were a cotton/polyester blend. Not using 100% cotton sheets is absolutely inexcusable in a hotel that sells itself on quality.

A wonderful new hotel

by TripAdvisor Member majdonald

I've eaten lunch and dinner at the Annapolis Westin - and the food is amazing. The bar scene is very comfortable. The service has been of the highest quality every time I have visited the Westin. I look forward to spening more time at the Westin.

Very up and down....

by TripAdvisor Member emichele

Actually, my parents stayed at the hotel for a USNA event. We visited and had dinner at the hotel's restaurant. The food was very good but the service was very slow. My mother was a bit offended by a very "flirty" bellman. He tried to hold her hand while waiting to check in. Very odd! We're still laughing. Also, the hotel is very hard to find. The room was lovely but a bit small for two people.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member brad88

Very nice hotel. Great room, extremely comfortable bed, outstanding furnishings. The hotel was just getting started up when we stayed there, so there were some kinks in the service, but nothing that greatly impacted what was overall an excellent place to stay. One thing to consider...most of the attractions you would go to see in Annapolis aren't really within walking distance (Capitol, Naval Academy, Old Town, etc.)

Phillip'sPhillip's

The Rams Head TavernThe Rams Head Tavern

Naval Academy 'students'Naval Academy 'students'

Parking garage on Calvert StParking garage on Calvert St