Clarion Hotel Peabody Court

612 Cathedral Street, (formerly the Latham Hotel), Baltimore, Maryland, 21210, United States

Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Elegance Away from the Crowds

A Baltimore resident suggested the Peabody Court when we required a place for a recuperative sojourn after an operation at Johns-Hopkins Hospital. During our five-day stay we found the hotel pleasant and satisfactory in every way, save one: parking, which is restricted in the neighborhood while the hotel's valet parking is very expensive. Otherwise, the facility and service was fine. The character is rather upscale, quiet and intimate. The bed was marvelous and the view from our windows in the evening, overlooking the illuminated Washington Monument, recalled Paris. The restaurant is small, with limited menu, but again pleasant and satisfactory. The neighborhood offers many cultural attractions: museums and the recently restored Baltimore Cathedral, worth a visit. We would return to the Peabody Court again, especially if alternative parking were found.

Directions: Mt. Vernon neighborhood, at edge of central business district.

• nancy531's Profile Photo

Reasonable rates...nice place

We needed a hotel for three Red Sox / Orioles games in July. I searched and searched for a reasonable hotel that had rooms available for that weekend, only to be very frustrated by the process. I saw mixed reviews for this place, but took the chance and reserved at $159.00 per night. We took the light rail from the airport and were pleasantly surprized by the short walk from the Centre Street stop. The neighboorhood is very quiet and had some very nice old buildings including the Peabody Institute. The front door of the hotel looks out on Mount Vernon Square. We were very impressed with the rooms and the Staff was courteous and very freindly. We also recieved some excellent tips from the bar staff for nice clubs in the city.

Skip the restaurant...head to Charles Street instead. We tried to get a quick breakfast - it was not quick and food was average.

We had a corner room with a nice view of the city that was very large and bright and very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel, and will stay again on our next visit to Baltimore.

Unique Quality: Staff went above and beyond. After chastising my 10 year old niece for losing her purse, I found out after arriving home that I had lost my glasses as well. We called and the hotel and they overnighted both items without question.

Directions: Light Rail to Centre. Two or three blocks East.

More about Clarion Hotel Peabody Court

A gem with extremely friendly, helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member pmd2524

Just returned from our stay at the Peabody. We booked this hotel on because there were no other in rooms in Baltimore to be had at the price we wanted to pay. What a welcome surprise. This is an older hotel, but very well kept - very quaint. Our room was much larger than many we have stayed in. The room was very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable and the down comforters were the best! Loved the marble bathroom with jacuzzi tub. Every employee we interacted with, from the front desk to the bell boy, went above and beyond - way out of their way to be helpful & friendly and make suggestions when we asked. We could not have asked better service or more friendly staff. Yes, we would have liked to be closer to Inner Harbor - it is a ten block walk. But, the walk to the harbor is all downhill - coming back is a bit tougher, but a very inexpensive taxi ride ($4.50) takes care of that problem. The limo service that they recommended to pick us up at the airport & return us was also extremely pleasant. On our last day, we had left our luggage at the hotel until it was time to leave for the airport. We were running close on time, so the driver picked up our luggage at the hotel & then picked us up at Inner Harbor - at no additional charge! Highly recommend this hotel.

Peabody Court was wonderful

When I lived in Baltimore, the Peabody Court was one of the city's chi-chi hotels. Now, after being gone for 15 years, I was finally able to stay there as part of a business-college visit trip (Johns Hopkins University and the Hopkins Hospital). My teenager and I had a lovely room with view of the monument. The room temperature was fine (on a very hot day) and there were no problems with linens, cleanliness, etc. We were directed to a great sushi restaurant around the corner. My son was alone for an entire morning while I was at my meeting and the staff checked up on him to make sure he was OK. I can't imagine why this place would get a low review from anyone. I'd stay here again on the next trip. It was well worth it for convenience, amenities and staff.

Great Hotel for the price

Spent the weekend going to baseball games. We couldn't find a hotel in the Inner Harbor that was not booked, so we chose the Peabody. We were very impressed with the rooms and the Staff was courteous and very freindly. We also recieved some excellent tips from the bar staff for nice clubs in the city.

Sites nearby

by TripAdvisor Member anika143

I thought this would be close to the Inner Harbor and Johns Hopkins--but definitely I needed a cab to get around so I spent a lot on cabs. Donna's restaurant nearby was fantastic. If you want a change from the Inner Harbor, try the very charming Little Italy area not far from the Inner Harbor--or India Rasori--an indian restaurant in the Little Italy area.

My find of this trip was Watson's Transportation. I wish I'd booked them earlier. This clean, polite, air conditioned, quiet and on-time Watkins Transportation car service that was the same price as a cab ride to and from the airport (about $28).

Peabody Hotel is a poor choice.

The Peabody Hotel in Baltimore is surely off the beaten track and you sure take your life in your hands walking down the back streets of Baltimore. This is not in the greatest of neighborhoods. Service at the hotel from bellboys, car valet were adequate but hotel management and hostesses are lacking experience in treating customers well. The hotel room smelled like bad body odor and the carpets looked like they were never steam cleaned. Poor sound barrier inside the room as you can hear everything next door and throughout the hallway. We repeatedly complained about the noise to the front desk but nothing ever was done about it. There is NO security at this hotel and they don't seem to be able to correct any problems. They advertise 100% satisfaction if you are unsatisfied with your room, but they wouldn't give us our money back because it was booked through Hotels. We will never come back to this dump.

Beware of room safe charges

by TripAdvisor Member jokah

The hotel is smack in the middle of the Mount Vernon cultural district. Not the greatest part of town for walking at night, but it is downtown Baltimore after all. Inner Harbor is roughly a 15-minute walk away. The group rate was $169.

Our room was somewhat small but well-furnished. The wired high-speed Internet connection was hidden behind the nightstand, accidentally perhaps, but once I found the cable, it worked great and was free. There was also a mini-fridge underneath the TV.

Service was pretty friendly. The valet was knowledgeable about the nearest mass transit options (bus only in case you are curious). I requested a late checkout, and the front desk obliged us at no additional charge.

My only complaint is that when we checked into the hotel, I was asked to sign a form agreeing to pay the daily fee for the room safe if it were used. We did not use it at all, but two nights worth of charges ended up on our bill anyways. Luckily, we were not in a hurry to check out, and the front desk quickly removed the charges when I presented the bill to them.

Not up to Par for a 4-star

For the money, look for something else! Our hotel room door looked like it was broken into at one time! See photo...
$25/day parking fee. Mice in the dining area! Smokey bar.
Beds are small for Queen size, our bathroom had plumbing problems,TV set up is inconvenient with an attached module, notfree hand channel changer...dismal room. Hotel staff
was snobbish, or indiscrete in their comments. When I complained, no one ever got back to Us during Our stay.
Would never recommend this place...
the Leo's

Perfect for the ocassion

by TripAdvisor Member pmmari

The Peabody was perfect for a romantic weekend getaway. It is just the right distance away from all the tourist traps in Inner Harbor but close enough for a quick drive there. I had requested a non-smoking room and late check-out days earlier and was granted with no issues. While there is a $25 parking fee for overnight valet parking, it should be noted that you can take your car in and out at any time you want - a plus for us since we wanted to step out a few times during our stay. The hotel itself was lovely - the jacuzzi bathtub was a real plus!(bring your own bubble bath!) The staff was helpful and room was clean. In-room internet connection was definitely convienient. The only two downsides we found were the thin walls and the housekeeping crew who ignored the "do not disturb" sign and knocked anyway. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Peabody and would certainly return.

Comments