100 Hopkins Place, Baltimore, Maryland, 21201, United States

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• BurningWings's Profile Photo

A little above average.

Have stayed in this hotel 8 times now, as I often go to Baltimore on Business trips. Staff is relatively friendly most of the time. Parking is expensive, but seemingly safe as my car has never been broken into. The area surrounding is alright, but it is Baltimore. Keep your wits about you when you walk around. Hopkin's restaurant downstairs has great food, but it is not cheap. Drinks are also not cheap, and the selection is rather limited. Rooms are clean, and have the most reliable internet I've had in a hotel room to this day. Comfortable beds and great computer desks, and the desk chairs are amazing. I've actually gone online to see if I could buy the same chair for my home.

Unique Quality: Nothing groundbreaking. Outdoor pool is nice.

Directions: Hopkin's Ave, across from the Convention Center.

• SoonToBeMrsHawk's Profile Photo

Great location

We've stayed here a few times and you can't beat it for the proximity to Inner Harbor and/or Camden Yards.

Depending on the time you go, you can get this hotel for a very good rate.

I felt safe in this neighborhood and it was a leisurely 10 minute walk to Inner Harbor if it even took that long.

I would stay here again. It's a basic chain hotel, but sometimes, that's what you need.

More about Days Inn Inner Harbor

Under renovation...

My husband took me to Baltimore for my birthday this week to see the Red Sox play the Orioles. He booked this hotel online and we weren't sure what we were getting. When we arrived we found the hotel staff to be extremely courteous, helpful and friendly. Everyone was smiling, eager to help and accomodating. They told us that our room on the 5th floor (non-smoking) had just been renovated. There was a brand new queen size bed that nobody had slept in yet but that there was no art hung on the walls yet, which was fine with us. They did tell us that the hallway was under renovation and that if we didn't mind that we would probably like our room. They did offer us a room on the 4th floor with two double beds but we said we would take this room. There was new carpeting and new wallpaper that was hung. The bed was a pillow top and was very comfortable. During our stay they were renovating other rooms on this floor during the day and wall paper hangers in the hallway were very quiet. The staff was very helpful with directions for places to go in the area, they also provided us with a map. There was a $15.00 a day fee to leave the car in the parking garage which adjoined the hotel. You could pay up front for the time you were going to be there and they gave you a ticket to come and go in and out of the garage whenever you wanted. Our remote had no batteries and within 5 minutes someone was at the door with batteries for us. In the morning we asked where we could buy stamps and they took my mail, metered it and told me that they would mail it for me. Great location to Camden Yards. Everything is in walking distance so we really didn't even need the rental car. Hotel does have a shuttle to and from the airport. I would recommend this hotel, especially since it's being renovated. We will definitely be staying here next time we're in Baltimore.

Great Staff - Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Notalawyer

Like other reviewers, I too have been very impressed with the staff. They've been very friendly and quite capable. That alone makes this hotel worthwhile. However, in addition to a great staff you get a great location. If you're willing to walk about 1.5 miles, then there's absolutely no need to rent a car when staying here. I took light rail from the airport and the nearest station to the hotel is literally one block away. On top of those pluses, I'm writing this review from the hotel's lounge and I've had very good wireless coverage both in my room and in the common areas.

Possible negatives: the bathroom is tiny. Really tiny. However, it's functional and perhaps having the vanity mirror along with the sink outside of the shower/toilet room could be a plus for a couple trying to get ready. Also, the exercise room has a very limited selection of cardio equipment and it has no weights of any kind. -- But since I'm walking everywhere anyway I can just take some steroids when I get home to make up for the missed workouts! ;0)

Nice Stay - Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member richy_1968_123

My wife and I stayed here July 14-16. Friendly staff. Enjoyed the lounge/restaurant. Room was nice and clean. Only complaint was that we requested a queen size bed, but it was a full size. The front desk said that is what they considered there queen size. That was the only hitch. The bed was comfortable, just not quite big enough. We would stay here again.

Friendly and Helpful staff, but crappy hotel!!!

I stayed at this hotel while on a family trip in February of 05', upon entering my room i was welcomed by a horrible stench which i believed to be the carpet this was after they put us in the wrong room 1 queen size bed when we ask for a double room. The good things about this hotel is the location, staff and the restuarant. The staff were excellent and very helpful!! Overall if this hotel fixes up the rooms a bit they might have a good hotel.

What is with the pool hours?

by TripAdvisor Member subdave

I stay here for the Baltimore Coin & Currency Convention three times a year because it is the cheapest, most convenient hotel in the area. I met the contractor who was redoing the tile and walls which forced me to use the stairs going to the sixth floor (thank god for the exercise after all of the crabcake buffets). He wore his UT outfit proudly at the Rangers-Orioles game and proceded to tell me how great his company was after the game in the bar adjoining the hotel. Along with two other more verbose and forceful blowhards who did not understand the art of listening (unless it was their own voices), I downed my Coors Light, paid my bill to the semi-attentive bartender and decided to take a late night swim. However, there was a chain and lock on the pool fence and being a middle-aged, somewhat portly overfed (yeah, I sampled three different venues at Camden Yards that evening during the Rangers 15 to 1 blowout) less than agile formerly athletic male, I decided that vaulting the fence would not constitute a good idea at that point in the evening.
I just then noticed the sign, duh, that posted the hours from 10 AM to 8 PM. I could not make use of the pool in the morning or the evening due to the limited hours of operation -- not a huge deal but after sweating through the ball game it would have been nice to make use of the facilities. Other than those little inconveniences, the reserved staff was fine and I coaxed the California Burrito recommendation out of the inexperienced concierge after signing in at the front desk upon arrival at the Days Inn -- see ya' in November!

A nice Days Inn

by TripAdvisor Member uncbones

I stayed here for a Ravens game in October. The location was within walking distance to all the activities at HarborPlace/Power Plant at the Inner Harbor as well as Camden Yards and M&T Stadium. My travel agent said this was one of the best Days Inns and and repeatedly won their Chairman's Award for best property. I found the hotel to be clean, adequately-staffed, and suitable for my needs. Nevertheless, it is a Days Inn and you shouldn't expect a four-star hotel. My only critique is the small size of the very basic bathroom. If you aren't bothered by that, this is a very adequate place to stay.

Info Needed: Baltimore Convention Center

by clarencetcs

Hi Everyone,

coming soon would be my 1st trip to Baltimore and could someone be kind enough to advise me on any resonable accomodation near the Convention Center?

I would also appreciate any other travel tips.

Many thanks and have a nice day!

Clarence

Re: Info Needed: Baltimore Convention Center

by ellielou

hi,
nothing by the Convention Center is what I would call "reasonable." They are all of the chain variety.

If you let me know what you like, and how long you're staying, I'd be glad to offer you some concrete suggestions.....

Ellen

Re: Re: Info Needed: Baltimore Convention Center

by Easty

The Convention Center is located in the Inner Harbor area. So there are many hotels to choose from. When I was in Baltimore last, I stayed at the Days Inn Inner Harbor. It was one block away from the Convention Center.

Comments