Days Inn West / Security Boulevard Baltimore

Days Inn Baltimore West, Security Blvd
DaysInn.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Baltimore

Baltimore from the ship at sunsetBaltimore from the ship at sunset

iconiciconic

Baltimores now vacant Morris A. Mechanic TheaterBaltimores now vacant Morris A. Mechanic Theater

ine of People @Entrance to Phillips Seafood Buffetine of People @Entrance to Phillips Seafood Buffet

Moving to Baltimore and have a few questions.

by alex0312

Hello,

I'm moving to the Baltimore area this coming summer for a job and I just had a few questions. What are some good/safe areas to live in Baltimore as well as suburbs of Baltimore? I was looking at Towson as well as surrounding areas. My family lives in Philadelphia so to make the trips back home shorter, I'm trying to find something either in Baltimore or northeast area that closer to Philly, but still about 20 - 30 minutes away from Baltimore, so nothing South of Baltimore (like Columbia).

by ViajesdelMundo

Towson area is where I grew up, and it still is a good area and also as you continue to go north; Timonium.....

by footstool

I agree. I have visited Baltimore several times -- mainly for baseball == over the last few years. I have actually seen Towson, and it is very "Penny Lane-ish." Do not move IN Baltimore, but to the suburbs! [Usually, people move OUt of Baltimore proper]

by alex0312

Thanks for the advice. I read that Federal Hill, Charles Village are nice areas of the city. Are there any specific areas of Baltimore that are nice or what suburbs outside of Baltimore that are nice?

by ViajesdelMundo

One of the really nice and 'special' neighborhoods is THE VILLAGE AT CROSS KEYS (same developer, JAMES W.ROUSE, who conceived Columbia MD)

this website gives a lot of prices of apts., as well as other nearby neighborhood. otherwise, GOOGLE: Village of Cross Keys

by lcat61

White Marsh is a good area too. It is close to I-95 and would be very easy to get to Phila from there.

Travel Tips for Baltimore

Baltimore Aquarium General admission Ticket Booth

by tpangelinan

This is the general admisssion ticket booth which does move pretty good, we were in line all the way back to the sidewalk and it took only about 20 to 25 minutes. There is always some thing coming over the loud speaker which helped to pass the time like bird calls, small animal noises or this guy telling you how fast the Will Call and E-Ticket lines are moving and there is no wait! Not sure about you but I was feelin' a little silly thinkin' why didn't I just order them while I was on the website?? but being a computer tech I only have myself to blame, lazy I guess. that will learn me. So take it from me you may want to order them on line, there doesn't seem to be a wait.

I love the Baltimore Aquarium....

by bokononist

I love the Baltimore Aquarium. I was first here during a family vacation to DC/Baltimore when I was about 8 years old and since then all other aquariums have paled in comparison. I saw it again last year and I stand by my original opinion. Even Chicago's doesn't come close. The dolphin show is a must, but just walk around the whole place, spend at least half a day there.

The Official Food of Baltimore

by travelfrosch

If there's one thing Baltimore residents are passionate about, it's crabs. Crabs are to Baltimore what beer is to Munich or coffee is to Seattle. Prepared in any number of ways, you can be sure the crabs are delicious.

For the uninitiated, probably the two easiest ways to eat crabs are either in the form of crab soup, or in crabcakes. In both cases, the meat has been removed for you, so all you need do is enjoy the tender shellfish.

So be sure to try crab in some form when you come here. As some local wags say, "come to Baltimore and get crabs!"

Packing List

by drmorf

I was able to take just a carry-on for my 5-day stay. It was HOT and HUMID three of the five days I was in Baltimore-prepare to sweat! Check out the huimidity just hanging in the air above Camden Yards in the photo. Casual works everywhere I went. Baltimore seems very laid-back when it comes to fashion and snobbiness. Dress comfortably. Baltimore does have its share of thunderstorms in the summer-I brought and used my umbrella! Bring a de-humidifer if you visit in the summer months ;-)

Baltimore Mascots

by frankcanfly

The Ravens and The Orioles....

Our biggest sports teams..... Many people would love to be in a photo like this....

Well, I was in the right place at the right time. It's too bad that I'm not really a fan of Football at all. Baseball only interests me when I'm physically in the stadium....

Comments