Henderson's Wharf Inn Baltimore

1000 Fell St, Baltimore, Maryland, 21231, United States
Inn at Henderson's Wharf
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Henderson's Wharf Inn Baltimore

Nice Hotel but nothing too exciting

by TripAdvisor Member Pubs90

Hendersons Wharf was a very nice hotel. I stayed on the ground floor overlooking the interior garden. The room was nicely furnished as was the bathroom and the free complimentay wine in room was a nice touch. Fells Point is a nice area with a couple of bars within walking distance of the hotel. I came to the hotel on business and found it to be a little lacking for this purpose. The desk was narrow and had 2 large lamps and a plant on it. I barely had room for my laptop. The TV didn't have regular channels - NBC, CBS etc and instead had a bunch of news channels and movies which was a little frustrating. The hotel is a cell phone void. I couldn't even dial from my room (Verzion) and had to walk to the lobby to make all my cell phone calls. All in all, I'd return here for pleasure. I'd return for business too but only for a very short stay. If I needed to travel on business for more than 2 nights , I'd stay elsewhere.

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member tripburr

Stayed here one night this past weekend (Jan 29) and had a great experience. Room was spacious, nicely decorated. Extremely comfortable bed. The complimentary bottle of champagne and good Seattle's Best coffee in the morning were both nice touches. Great views of the harbor. Appreciated the free parking. I would definitely go back the next time I'm in Baltimore.

Not much room for improvement

by TripAdvisor Member Laura54

Having stayed here last August, I'm late in getting a review in but must concur with all the others. This is an absolutely lovely place to stay: the rooms are beautifully appointed, the bathrooms are roomy, the public areas are pleasant, and the staff is, by and large, on the ball and attentive.
My husband and I stayed 2 nights with a friend; the first night there were no rooms with 2 beds, so she used a rollaway. That was the only unpleasant part of the trip as it was so uncomfortable she put the mattress on the floor for most of the night. The next day they moved us to another room, but dropped the ball in moving our luggage into the room; we had stored it in the office since we knew we would be out all day and it was still there when we returned at 6.
Other than that, there is little room for improvement. The continental breakfast is amazing, with so much variety and a wonderful attendant. There is a lovely courtyard you can eat in, weather permitting.
The location is nice, being away from the hubbub, but right on the water, with both water taxis just a block away and around the corner.
We would definitely stay here again, and highly recommend it.

Beautiful lobby and an outstanding room!

Our one night stay at the Inn at Henderson's Wharf was a Valentine's Day suprise for my husband and he LOVED it! Before booking, I visited the sight and looked at a garden view room and a harbor view room. Both were nice, but the harbor view room was much more spacious and had a more luxurious bathroom. I had also read the reviews on this sight and noted that most people mentioned how comfortable the beds were. The other reviewers were right, my husband and I got the best night's sleep we've had in a very long time (if I could have fit the bed in my overnight bag, I would have snuck out with it). All the furnishings in the room were lovely. The Inn has achieved a perfect blend of modern amenities and antique charm. One is within easy walking distance of a huge number of restaurants and pubs in Fells Point. For those unfamiliar with Baltimore's Fells Point area, it is a fun and charming area, but the center of it is filled with bars, clubs, and restaurants and can be a pretty "active" noisy place on a Friday or Saturday night. My husband and I were amazed at what a difference being two blocks off of the main drag made. The hotel is quiet and peaceful and wonderfully serene looking over the water. I cannot say enough good things about this Inn. I have never stayed in a cleaner, lovelier hotel anywhere and can't wait for our next romantic weekend there. Why stay at a generic modern highrise hotel when for the same money, you can enjoy a place like Henderson's Wharf? (Chocolates, strawberries and a bottle of wine waiting for us, refrigerator, coffee and tea can be made in the room, almost a whole wall of beautiful dark wood plantation shutters which open onto a full water view - the water was about 25 feet from our window, luxurious sheets on wonderful beds, plasma TV with sattelite service, soft romantic lighting . . .)

Thanks for the great stay Ian and staff. We loved every minute of it!

The way it should be....

It would be easy to write a long review but I don't believe that is necessary. Simply, these folks have hit the nail right on the head. Everything was wonderful for our getaway on February 19th and we will consider no other place to stay on future trips. Period!!

Let's calm down a little

My wife and I stayed at the Inn this past weekend, based in part on the near ecstatic reviews on this site. I have rarely seen such unanimity about anything.

The Inn is pleasant but rather ordinary.

On the plus side: the location is quiet. On the other hand, it is a little remote if you want to go anywhere in Baltimore besides Fells Point. And, being along the water has its disadvantages: the Inn is adjacent to a well-used jogging and walking path. Even in March, walkers, dog-walkers and runners passed by our window constantly, beginning at around 8am. Also, there is construction going on across from the hotel's entrance, and while we did not experience noise or dust from it during our stay, it did not make for the most graceful entrance.

The continental breakfast is plentiful but quite ordinary, with store-purchased items and tasteless fruit, and no real cream to be found for the coffee.

During our weekend stay, the fire alarm went off twice, once at 3am and once at 8am. I have no idea whether this was a recurring problem or not; the housekeeper just sort of shrugged when I asked her about it.

The rooms are large and well-appointed, although the closet was not well engineered. There are more cable and satellite stations than I have ever seen in a hotel room, and brand new LCD tvs to match. On the other hand, there was no clock in the room that could be read in the dark.

In short, the Inn is pleasant and newly renovated, although it lacks neither the amenities of a full-scale hotel nor the charm of a bed and breakfast.

Even better than I imagined.

by TripAdvisor Member TeresaM11

I spent one night (3/4/05) at the Inn at Henderson's Wharf. After reading all of the wonderful reviews on tripadvisor, I couldn't wait to see for myself and they did not disappoint. As others have said, from the moment you make your reservation until checkout the staff is wonderful and anything they have not already thought of, they are happy to help you with. The room itself is beyond words. The view is absolutely beautiful and the furniture, bed and bathroom are incredible. Triple sheeting, comfortable bathrobes, fresh flowers - they have thought of everything. One of the best night's sleep I have ever had and the breakfast in the morning was outstanding from the display to the actual taste. We found the room so romantic that we didn't keep our dinner reservation and instead ordered in from a nearby restaurant. Finally, as an earlier reviewer mentioned, upon checkout the staff truly wanted to know our impression of their Inn and how our stay was. I can't wait to return for a longer stay. Worth every single penny.

Great Place with Attention to Detail and Service to Match

by TripAdvisor Member DavidofNJ

Stayed there for one night in June 2004 on the way back from a conference. My 2 year old daughter, wife and I showed up at the Inn after spending a hot day at the DC Zoo. Loved that it had secure and free parking next to the Inn. After recovering from the zoo, we relaxed and walked to a nearby sushi restaurant about 500 yards away. Next day, we had a great breakfast, then left our packed vehicle in their lot and took the water taxi into the Inner Harbor to tour the National Aquarium. Upon return we washed up in their public restrooms and headed home. The staff were attentive and understanding and did not show us any contempt for having a 2 year old in their charming inn.

The breakfast was very nice. The room, appointments, bathroom and furnishings were very nice. Very quiet and peaceful in the Inn. Close walk to the Fells Point restaurants and shops, yet quiet enough to be peaceful. Plan to stay there again whenever I visit Baltimore. Nice change to the cookie-cutter onvention center brand name hotels with the busy lobbies and typical services.

My Favorite Hotel Room Ever

by TripAdvisor Member Clonedog1

My wife and I stayed here for two days recently, and I didn't want to leave. The room was decorated very well with high quality furnishings throughout. We were only able to stay in Baltimore a few days, so we had to rush around and see several things in a short period of time. However, I never wanted to leave my hotel room. The LCD tv with dish network was awesome. I can't say enough about the quality of the hotel from the staff to the breakfast to the view. I can't wait to go back. To top it all off, the staff was extremely helpful with restaurant reservations on a tremendously busy weekend in Baltimore. They arranged for restaurant in Littly Italy to come and pick us up for dinner. The restaurant, La Scala, also returned us after an outstanding meal. I would highly recommend this hotel and am trying to plan a return trip already.

One of the nicest places we've ever stayed - great views!

We had a waterfront room, overlooking the boat slips - just 15 feet and a wooden deck between us and the water! It was beautiful and lots of fun to watch the passersby. Privacy was a little bit of a concern, but when necessary, we just closed the shutters. The room and bath were spacious and gorgeous. Many other reviews have raved about the bed. It was heavenly at first, but turned out to be too soft for me to sleep comfortably-- but I guess that's a personal preference. The complimentary welcoming bottle of wine (your choice of white or red) and two bottles of water were welcomed and enjoyed. And since the temperature outside was very hot during our stay, the little breakfast bar area with fridge was appreciated. Tea and coffee were available in the room, although the ice machines were located in a different hall. Overall, everything was top-notch. Breakfast was good and filling for me the first day. (My husband had to leave before they started serving, so he didn't get a chance to eat). But the second day, we were rushed and didn't really have much chance to fill up. There was no time for the cereal or sliced fruit; and the danish and yogurt were just not very filling for either of us. But overall, we really enjoyed our stay there. The staff were very pleasant and accomodating. We would gladly recommend this place if you'd like something memorable, beyond the ordinary hotel room.

Sherwood GardensSherwood Gardens

Leaving Baltimore Harbor on a January eveningLeaving Baltimore Harbor on a January evening

Promenade at Inner HarborPromenade at Inner Harbor

Industrial area of the harborIndustrial area of the harbor

Parking costs

by inch03

Hi, everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the parking costs at Penn Station. I've found a garage nearby, but the webpage didn't have a price listed for a daily rate, or a monthly rate. Are there garages nearby that do early bird specials?

Thanks so much for your help!

Re: Parking costs

by lcat61

Two weeks ago I paid $20 to park for 4 hours in a downtown garage on a weekend. I would expect Penn Station to be just as expensive. I don't think there are too many other parking lots around there.
Try Light Rail transit.