401 WEST PRATT STREET, Baltimore, Maryland, 21201, United States

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo

A Room With a View of the Orioles!

Hilton has just built a new hotel in Baltimore, and it is top-notch! That's especially true if you want to have a party with a view of the baseball game, as Hilton put a column of pricey suites that peer directly at home plate from over the bullpens in left field. Since Janet and I were hosting a wedding reception for my friends and family in Maryland, we splurged for the ninth floor suite overlooking the O's-Red Sox game and hadan unforgettable experience. Of course, it wasn't flawless -- Hilton requires that you use their catering services for expensive but mediocre food and alcohol, so we had to sneak in two kegs of beer and some platters. My brother ended up delayed with the veggie platter and arrived after everyone had their fill. Luckily, this is Baltimore, so we found a homeless guy on Pratt Street to happily consume the leftovers (we put an additional prize of some Johnny Walker Red in the box with the broccoli). I'm sure he thought Janet was a heavenly apparition, dressed in her aloha attire and carrying a box of food and cheer).
    We had a great time socializing, checking in on the game (a 11-5 red Sox rout) and enjoying the Baltimore night.

Directions: Right behind Oriole Park at Camden Yards

More about Hilton Baltimore

Nice and new - not well run yet

by TripAdvisor Member DrLogical

The Hilton Baltimore is a well kept secret because no one stays there. It's brand new (nov 2008) and not bad in terms location (walkable to inner harbor). Very nice building, rooms are well appointed, nice lobby area and lots of other great features. There are also some not so nice things about this hotel.
1 Restaurant is not inside the hotel - you have to walk across the street and prices are very high with little variety - but then, it's empty.
2 Someone very tall set up the showers and did not know that you are supposed to place the curved shower rods so that the curtain pulls away from the shower occupant. Rods are so high that the curtain almost clears the top of the tub. Shower head is so near the ceiling I need to stand on something to move it. I've stayed here 5 times now and all rooms are the same this way.
3 Very large screen TV in every room (flat screen too) is great except that there are hardly any channels and some that they do have don't work.
4 Executive lounge is a nice big room with lots of tables and big screen TVs. It has been closed half the time I have been there due to few guests - rats (that's why I stay at hiltons). When open it has very little in the way of food but lots of staff who pay little attention to having plates and napkins and things available. I've stayed at the Marriott across the street and there is only one person working the lounge with much more food (and variety) and everything is well stocked. Must be better help over there.
They open till 11pm but take everything away promptly at 7pm!! so much for the road-weary business traveler getting a snack after a long day
5 Pool area and gym are about the best setup I've seen in a hotel. I love to soak in the whirpool at the end of a hard day - it has been out of servce a few times already and badly needs cleaning (yes its a new place!).
6 Parking is expensive and the garage is so tight that you have to manuver a 3-point turn to exit.

Rates are pretty good right now - mostly because no one knows its there. That will change during baseball season because half the rooms have a perfect view into Camden Yards - no need to buy a ticket!

Lots of potential for this hotel - they just need to manage it better and have the lounge open for frequent travelers to opt out of the Marriott.

Decent and new

by TripAdvisor Member FlyStayEat

The location is really nice because it's literally across the street from the convention center and Camden Yards. It's also very easy walking to Ravens Stadium.

I got a very good rate on Hotwire and was pretty happy with the hotel. There were only a few things I thought were off. The guest services book in the room indicated there was a kiosk in the lobby to check into flights, but when I asked about it the desk employees kind of laughed and said they didn't have one. The second thing was we had a different number of bathroom towels each day (six one day, three the next day). We didn't use the shampoo in the bathroom because we brought our own, but the second day we were there it disappeared, but the third day it was back. The coffee pot was in the main part of the room and the water, obviously, was in the bathroom. There was no real good way to get water into the coffee pot since pouring water out of mugs is sometimes a messy ordeal. Just little things, I suppose.

Nice Stay, With A Few Exceptions

by TripAdvisor Member colormecolorado

My boyfriend and I saved $50 by booking this hotel through Hotwire, so that was nice. The front desk allowed us to check in over three hours early, so that was convenient also. I had called earlier to request a king-size bed, but when we checked into the room, we had two full-size beds. We agreed to wait a couple more hours and were able to switch rooms for one that had a king-size bed and overlooked Camden Yards, which was really neat! The hotel was very clean and most of the staff were courteous (especially the receptionists at the front desk). The only real problem I had was when Housekeeping knocked on our door repeatedly at 8AM to give us the bill for parking, when they could have easily just slipped it under our door. That was a bit obnoxious and unnecessary - I think they wanted to see if we were gone so that they could clean our room, when we were really trying to sleep. Also, when we left, instead of the cleaning lady telling us 'Hi' or 'Have a good day', she rudely asked us which room we had left so she could clean it. I understand having to do your job, but it made us feel rushed instead of paying customers of the hotel. I've stayed in Westins before and I would choose them over the Hilton again, just due to minor details (more professional, better managed, etc). But this hotel is also new, so I'd say it's worth giving them a chance - I just wouldn't pay full price to stay here.

Enjoyable stay

by TripAdvisor Member Paula25

Booked hotel through Hotwire and received a great rate. Hotel busy the week we stayed and we were upgraded to executive room. Hotel located within walking distance of shops, resturants and pubs. Weather was great when we were there so had plenty of walks. Pool empty everytime we used it and was always spotless. Although hotel was full, staff were always available when required. We had planned on using parking every night but returned the hire car two days early and a refund was given for those nights with no bother by desk. Had a great stay and would definitely stay again.

lovely place-needs time to work the kinks out

by TripAdvisor Member NancyJL

3 girlfriends stayed here for an extended weekend while one attended a conference (a skywalk away). The hotel is in a wonderful location-we walked nearly everywhere, and there is a set of skywalks connecting much of the harbor. The aquarium, sports musuem, camden yards and the football stadium are all there.

Our room was lovely, but after suffering no water pressure in the shower for 2 days, we said something. they responded that it was a problem on our whole floor-SO WHY NOT MOVE US INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR COMPLAINTS? we moved to a different room, but immediately saw it had not been cleaned. finally, we were assigned a usable room. for all this inconvenience, we were offered a round of drinks.

this was a typical glitch. the staff were all extremely nice. they simply didnt know how or when to go the extra mile to impress. the concierges were always nice and attentive. however, the desk was frequently unmanned, including during the conference's lunch hours, when many were looking for advice.

it's distressing to read in the previous review that the hot tub had been down several times. one of us shopped down the street to buy a swimsuit to use. tub was broken. we asked for a couple days, and were always told it would be fixed the next day. after a few days of this, they conceded it would not be fixed till after we left.

the exercise room is very nice-lots of equipment w/individual tv's and very bright. one can watch an orioles game easily-you're in far left-center field. the lap pool is wider than normal, so good for families.

i think this will be a top-notch hotel in another few months. certainly, it will have to improve to charge the kind of rates they will want to in the summer.

New and well done

by TripAdvisor Member myjourney

The lobby is spacious and open featuring a contemporary lobby bar on one side. In general, service was friendly and prompt. The halls are light and wider than normal which is pleasant. I was told the hotel opened in August, 2008 and the room design does seem very stylish and up to date. There was an attractive desk arrangement with a snazzy desk chair and a large flat screen TV. The bathroom has marble floor tile and shower enclosure and granite sink counter. Everything was clean and fresh. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet which is in the restaurant across the sky bridge in the adjacent building. Parking (valet or self-park) is very expensive.
We had a very good stay and would return.

Very nice

by TripAdvisor Member GenXTraveler-NJ

Good, but not great location, for walking to the Inner Harbor. Pretty far for little kids to walk all day.

Nice, open lobby

Standard, high-quality Hilton room on Club Level.

Club lounge was spacious, plenty of seating, 2 TV's excellent variety and quantity of food and drinks; excellent staff (with one exception).

Hilton's restaurant across the skywalk was very good. Excellent food with good prices on the specials.

Fantastic pool and gym!

Nice, clean parking garage.

Brand New Convention Center Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ThreeRivers75

Hotel had just opened for business, so everything in exceptional condition. Upscale urban city convention hotel. Great views from the room of the Camden Yards ballpark.

Spacious well appointed rooms. Nice fitness facility. Attentive hotel staff as you would expect from Hilton.

Connected to the Convention Center by a series of second floor walkways, a definite plus in winter or inclement weather. Walkable to Inner Harbor restaurants, shopping, and attractions (although the hotel area is not particularly clean or safe feeling after the business district empties out for the day.)

Great hotel and location for business at the Convention Center.

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member gdkss1

I used Hotwire for the first time to book this hotel for myself and my daughter while going on campus tours. I think this hotel lives up to Hotwire's 4star rating. It is a new hotel and very pretty. It's directly across from Camden yards and a short distance from the inner harbor. The staff was friendly and helpful. This was the last night of our touring (6 schools in three days) and we needed a rest and relaxation, and we certainly received at the Hilton. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and conducive to a wonderful night's sleep! The fitness center was very well equipped. The pool and jacuzzi were great! They also have a small sauna. This hotel was exactly what we were looking for and needing at the end of our trip!

Anyone from Bal'more out there?

by jelw

I am in a jam and need to book a hotel at the airport w/in the next 1/2 hour. I don't have enough time to peruse pages by myself. Are you able to offer any quick condensed advice? Must be clean, upscale and extremely close/in the airport. 6am flight for my boss...

by YVRDave

What night?

by jelw

So sorry - Friday night the 20th. Any thoughts on Hilton Baltimore/BWI or Sheraton 4 points?

by YVRDave

The Hilton will be better than the 4 Points

by jelw

Thanks so much. It is always is a huge relief to get verification on something like this.

Comments