301 W. Lombard St., Baltimore, Maryland, 21201, United States

HolidayInn.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn Inner Harbor - Lombard Street

The Holiday Inn is about 5 blocks from the Inner Harbor, but only 1.5 blocks from Camden Yards, which was perfect for my recent visit to watch the Orioles. The hotel is huge: 375 rooms in two 13 story towers topped by at UFO-looking thing that must be a 1970s restaurant. The rooms are clean and large; mine also had a nice view of Camden Yards. High speed wireless internet was great and free, but parking was terribly expensive at $21 a day.

Normal hotel rates start at about $180 a night, but I booked my room for a summer weekday for just $50 plus fees on Priceline.com. The only problem with my stay was the lone front desk worker who was completely overwhelmed by the constantly ringing phone, while he also tried to check in guests. One front desk guy for a 375-room hotel?

Unique Quality: There is a "gentlemen's club" just across the street.

More about Holiday Inn Inner Harbor

Good hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member milkyway4679

I stayed with my family at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. After reading the reviews I was worried that it would be a bad hotel. It turned out to be a very nice hotel. Definitely request a room in the main tower (where the front desk is) as the rooms seemed to be nicer. It was clean and newer. The front desk was helpful, and the pool was large. The room we had had a view of Camden Yards, which was cool. The air conditioners were noisy, but that seems to be a common problem in hotels. The beds were fine. The rooms were quite spacious. I would reccommend this hotel, especially because of its proximity to the Inner Harbor.

Exceeded Expectations for the Price Paid

by TripAdvisor Member Baker-Mayy

This hotel was better than I thought it would be for the price I paid. As for the previous reviews that have negative comments... I think some people just want everything and pay nothing for it. This hotel was a good price, the location was decent, especially if you are there to see a ballgame as my husband and I were (we were a block away from Camden Yards and had an awesome view of the park from our room). The inner harbor is less than 10 minutes away, by foot... but if I had brought my 66 year old mother along, I wouldn't feel comfortable making her walk it. As for the hotel itself, we paid for the Holiday Inn and we got the Holiday Inn! It was clean and pretty spacious. The staff was exceptionally welcoming and friendly throughout the whole stay. We would definitely stay here again.

What a great value!!

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn last month while in town for an Oriole's game. We'd read other good reviews about this hotel in our search for accommodations and decided to give it a try. I'm so glad that we did!!

The hotel is in an excellent location just across the street from Camden Yards. It's about 3 - 4 blocks from the water. The walk was very easy (lots of cute little outdoor restaurants and bars on the way), and it's on a main drag so we felt very comfortable and safe even late in the evening.

The staff at the hotel couldn't do enough to help us! Check in was great, parking lot at the hotel was convenient (and relatively cheap compared to other places we've stayed in Baltimore), and they had an enormous exercise room and pool. We LOVED the little coffee shop, Dottie's....what a convenience.

We'd highly recommend this hotel as we both thought it was a great value. We'd read other comments about "it not being a Ritz Carlton", which I never understand, since you didn't book a Ritz Carlton. Overall, the hotel is clean, comfortable, in a great location, family friendly, and the service was great. What else can you ask for?

Worst Management Ever

My friends and I stayed at this hotel during the weekend of the preakness horse race. We were woken up at 3'oclock in morning to some pranksters spraying the fire extinguisher underneath one of our doors. The fire alarm kept on going off all night. The hotel security found out who caused the damage and assured us that we would not be charge for our night. We woke up the next day to go to the horse race and came back only to find that we were locked out of our rooms. The managers explanation to this action was that she wanted to talk to us and see if everything was ok, but in reality somehow the night manager and the day time manager hadn't talked things over and we were being blamed for the mess. She had told us that guest in the hotel were complaining that our door was opening and shutting all night. Oh, I wonder why that was? Maybe one of our rooms and all our stuff was covered with chemicals. Well of course this didn't sit well with us and we were complaining about everything then we were asked to leave. Please do not stay here unless you want to treated like this.

Good Value - but inadequate Internet access

by TripAdvisor Member candidCIO

Like many business travelers I depend on Internet access. This hotel has free wirelesss Internet. But, clearly there are not enough access points. I would have to try to connect for long periods of time with no luck. When I was able to finally collect access was a bit slow.

BALTIMORE'S INNER HARBOR

by Rhondaj

I've boated on the Chesapeake for years and have watched this city rejuvenate itself over the years into a 'must-go-to' destination for boaters.

Since we arrive by boat, all excursions are on foot, just the way I like it. No parking or traffic worries!
Baltimore's Inner Harbor and surrounding areas, like Little Italy and Fells Point, are easily reached by walking power alone.

Baltimore's Inner Harbor

by SassyCycler

"The Inner Harbor at Night"

A short 10-minute walk from downtown, Baltimore's Inner Harbor is a happening place day and night. Much of everything the city offers is located in this central location: the aquarium, science museum, historical vessels, restaurants, shops (2 floors and 2 blocks long) and free live entertainment. The visitor's center is also conveniently located in the heart of it all at the Inner Harbor. Fort McHenry is a short car ride away. And Baltimore's home to the Ravens and Orioles! There's enough to fill an entire day.

"Art"

Center City and the Inner Harbor offer a lot of art. In this square just to the right of the sculpture was a waterfall and staircase that leads to the pedestrian walkway leading to the shops along the Inner Harbor.

"Free Concerts"

Every Saturday in the summer enjoy free musical acts all day and night. When we arrived an a'capella group was performing, and later that night a 70's/80's cover band was playing.

Baltimore Inner Harbor

by garridogal

"Flashback!"

I recently found a disc with photos of a trip I took to Maryland in 2002. Went to visit my surrogate College Family. Char and I had both spent time living overseas so we bonded right away when we met each other. At the time, my parents were in Madrid so she'd take me home for School Holidays and we'd hang with her three brothers who treated (read: tortured) me just as if I was their sister too. Well, I hadn't been together with the whole clan since Char's wedding in 1991! Our reunion in 2002 was a true blast from the past and chance to catch up.

We hit the Baltimore Inner Harbor for a day. Okay, I know that Boston's a better place to live than Baltimore, but I was truly envious of their pretty Harborside.

Update 2007: Boston now has an enviable waterfront! Someday I'll take and post photos of it....

"Old Friendships...."

Hard to believe that we've known each other for over 20 years! Here's Char and I, her son and her bother's two kids.

"On a hot Summer's day...."

the best thing to do is stay close to the water!

Baltimore's Inner HarborBaltimore's Inner Harbor

Baltimore Inner HarborBaltimore Inner Harbor

Baltimore's Inner HarborBaltimore's Inner Harbor

Baltimore Inner HarborBaltimore Inner Harbor

Inner Harbor Beach..?

by ian99

I'm headed to Baltimore Inner Harbor for a conference and was just curious if there was a beach within walking distance..? Or if I'd have to drive out to Ocean City or someplace like that.

RE: Inner Harbor Beach..?

by VA_Dave

No beaches within walking distance. :(

Sandy Point beach near the Bay Bridge is
probably the closest.

Here is a list of Baltimore's nearby beaches:

RE: RE: Inner Harbor Beach..?

by ian99

Thanks Dave!

RE: RE: Inner Harbor Beach..?

by ellielou

You really wouldn't want to swim in the water even if there were a beach! VA_Dave is correct about Sandy Point.

I'd like to add that in addition to Ocean City, the Delaware beaches are also nice, and can actually take a bit less time to get to. They have some great beach state parks so you can avoid the honky tonkish boardwalk.

Also, if you're interested, there's a walk along the water...it goes from the Korean Memorial (in Canton, east of the harbor) to the Inner Harbor. It's really nice on a nice day!

RE: Inner Harbor Beach..?

by miclev21

Um no beach. Sandy State Point Park on the way to OC....its on 50. About 45 mins from the Inner Harbor

Comments