300 Light St., Baltimore, Maryland, 21202, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Hyatt Regency

This was one of the first hotels to go up during the early years of Baltimore's rebirth. It's located right downtown, with access to the Inner Harber via pedestrian bridges. I also recomend this hotel to people coming to Baltimore for Conventions, because everything is within walking distance.

More about Hyatt Regency Baltimore

Great customer service

by TripAdvisor Member KLGB

I just returned from attending a conference at the Hyatt Baltimore and I can not say enough about the excellent customer service. Everyone from the housekeepers, bell men, waiters, to the front desk staff were very friendly and polite. I could not pass a staff member in the hallway without them wishing me a good day and a pleasant stay at Hyatt. Staff continually asked if there was anything that they could do. It was quiet obvious that management at this hotel values good customer service. The hotel itself was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. I ate two meals in the Bistro restaurant and each was very good. The location was very convenient for exploring the Inner Harbor area on foot. This area contained many shops and restaurants all within walking distance from the hotel as well as museums and boat rentals. The sports fields (baseball and football) were also within walking distance.

Very Rude Staff!!!

by TripAdvisor Member DanielleS

I was recently in town to see the Yankees play the Orioles and decided to stay at the Hyatt since it was the closet to the stadium. Upon arrival The front desk staff was just plain old rude. I couldn't understand anything that they were saying and just pointed away and told me to wait for my room. Finally after the whole check in procedure I got to my room. It was ok defiantly time to refurbish it. The bathroom tiles in the shower were all cracked. The sink was stained with scratches all over the wood. The dresser had cigaratte burns everywhere. Nothing grand and let me remind you I paid $179 off of Travelhero. I wish I would of paid less. We went to Phillips for dinner one night good food. Although let me warn you we had a table outside on the water and people would come up to us asking for money because they wanted something to eat. Not a pleasant expeirance when your trying to eat your dinner. The next day we had breakfast in the hotel at Bistro 300 I think it was called. Very rude staff there as well, the waitor threw our coffee on the table and never bought us cream when we ask like 5 times. Breakfast was ok and nothing grand for Frech toast and a bagel it cost me $23. Pretty expensive for that little amount of food. Overall we had a good time! I would probably go over and stay at the Renaissance next time. I met a couple at dinner which were staying there and they loved it.

Nice Hotel on Inner Harbor

After reading previous reviews, I was a bit skeptical, but being a loyal Hyatt patron, we decided to spend 3 nights there after spending 3 nights in Washington DC on our summer vacation.

First of all our room location & view was excellent - the 14th (top) floor with a direct view of the Inner Harbor. The rooms had floor to ceiling windows that showed-off the wonderful view. I would definitely ask for a high level floor & a harbor view if staying again. (Regency Club floor is also nice as it's located on the 12th floor). The only downside of the 14th floor was that we could hear the music from the restaurant above us one night which went on until nearly 1 AM & then we could hear tables & chairs being moved around after that - but again, that was only on one of the nights.

We had a 2-room suite that seemed as large as our first apartment with a bar, dining room area with table & chairs, living room & 2 full bathrooms in addition to the master bedroom - great for travelling with family & kids.

The pool is small but nice. There's also a small walking track & tennis court located by the pool accessible by the 6th floor. The fitness room was nice with state-of-the-art treadmills & bikes. Each piece of equipment had a built-in (not attached) TV with satellite for oodles of channels.

The hotel sits across the street from Harborplace, a multi-level shopping & eating complex located on the Inner Harbor; however there are above-street walkways connecting the Hyatt to Harborplace making it convenient when taking children. The hotel is also a short walk to the Aquarium. Just a note to those who may go...get there early as the place was pretty full on a Friday by noon - also, they do not accept strollers which must be checked at the door, so be sure to bring along a carrier of somesort if needed.

We dined at Pisces, the top-floor restaurant. The seafood was fresh & delicious albeit very pricey. They were very accomodating to our 2-year old even though they don't offer a children's menu.

Our experiences with the staff - bell hops, front desk, housekeeping, fitness room attendant, etc. - were all positive, even though we were there on a "sold-out" weekend.

This was definitely a family-friendly hotel & we had a very memorable & pleasant stay there.

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member Gmonty

My husband and I spent 2 nights at this hotel for our anniversary. It was a clean and beautiful hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was in a great location to the Inner Harbor. We will stay there again when we go back. WE paid $169.00 a night with our AAA rate.

A Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member JimMcC

We recently stayed at the Hyatt over the July 4th weekend (Saturday and Sunday). One of the first impressions we got upon entering the main lobby/atrium is how clean and bright everything seemed. The front desk was professional, polite, and helpfull even though they couldn't arrange an earlier room availability than 1:00pm. With a Shriners' convention in town (and the Hyatt awash in dark red fezzes) you might expect things to run a bit slow but the staff had everything running smoothly. (On a side note, if you do happen to stay in a convention hotel in the future you could do a lot worse than the Shriners. A more polite and pleasant group would be very hard to find).

The rooms appear to be a little larger than normal and certainly larger than the room I had last year at the Sheraton Inner Harbor. As with everything else the room was also very clean with an immaculate bathroom (magazine rack next to the john!). The 2nd floor atrium has two escalators to the ground floor, an informal walk-up coffee stand that also serves rolls, breakfast sandwiches etc. in the morning, a gift shop, and a business/computer center (not 24 hour). The 3rd floor has the Bistro, open for breakfast/lunch/dinner, that overlooks the atrium and also has a very nice bar. While we only had breakfast there, be advised that the $14.95 buffet is really good (everything you'd normally expect plus a wide variety of fresh fruits, melon with prosciutto, cereals, etc). We didn't visit Pisces, the top floor restaurant, but did inquire about brunch there and found it cost around $35 per person.

One of the best things about the Hyatt is its location. Camden Yards is just three blocks away and the Inner Harbor (Harborplace) is right across the street, easily - and safely - reached by a walkway over Light Street. After much thought, the only thing that stands out as less than excellant were the elevators. Slooooooooow. But the view from them (they're glass, looking out over the harbor) more than makes up for the wait. All in all, an exceptional hotel.

Very Nice!

by TripAdvisor Member dcaiani

We had a 2 night stay at the Hyatt as we were in town to see the Sox take on the Orioles. The service was very good. Everyone was very nice and very helpful. The lobby and general decor of the hotel was excellent. The room was clean and very nicely decorated. Bathrooms were also very nicely appointed. We had a partial harbor view which was a nice bonus. The location is perfect. Right accross the street from the inner harbor and a 5 minute walk to Camden Yard. The ride up the glass elevator gives you an awesome view of the inner harbor.

The rooftop pool and recreation area was nice, but this is where my only complaints are. The life guard was very grouchy! No need for this. He seemed disinterested in being there. Also, there were tennis courts and a putting green. While there were tennis rackets and putters available, they had no tennis balls or no golf balls ... or maybe they did and the grouchy life guard just couldn't be bothered to get them.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel. Call the hotel for package deals. We got an aquairium package that included parking and aqairium tickets.

Great Inner Harbor Location!

Our family just spent one night at the Hyatt Regency in Baltimore. We had the "Dreaming with the Dolphins" package which included one hotel night, parking, 2 aquarium tickets and a dolphin-themed gift for $189.00 (a great deal!).

We found the location to be the biggest plus for this hotel. Its connecting walkway to Harbor Place (with many shops and restaurants) and close proximity to the aquarium were very convenient.

From our room we had a partial view of the harbor, but could also see Fort McHenry and Camden Yards (as well as the tennis courts)- very pleasant! The room was nicely updated and decorated.

Although we initially had some issues at check-in getting our included dolphin gift (they claimed to have run out) and purchasing additional aquarium tickets (which the hotel directly told us earlier that week would be available), the manager-on-duty stepped in and quickly had everything sent up to our room.

The hotel itself is attractive and offers several restaurant options on the second level (including a coffee bar). The pool, however, is stark and tiny!

As long as you are not a swimmer, this hotel is a great choice when visiting Baltimore Inner Harbor.

Don't Call Home

by TripAdvisor Member IndianaSchwartz

Like most Hyatt Hotels, the lobby and public areas were very nice. The room itself was small but decent. But there were two things that spoiled an otherwise nice stay. When I opened the dresser drawer to upack, I noticed an air freshener stuck to the drawer bottom. I started to wonder why when I noticed the smell. It was the distict smell of a deceased animal (most likely a mouse). Apparently the staff decided to try to cover up the smell, rather than eliminate the source. Thankfully, with the drawer closed, the smell wasn't noticeable. Needless to say, I left my clothes in the suitcase.
The other big issue I had with this place was their phone fees. A notice in the room stated that long distance calls were 75¢ to access an outside line, and 25¢ per minute. A little steep, I thought, but not unreasonable. I made two calls during my stay, both lasting approximately 15 to 20 minutes. When I checked out, the clerk confirmed that I'd two calls. I said yes, grabbed my reciept, and left for the airport. It wasn't until I got to the airport that I had a chance to examine the bill in detail. When I saw that my two calls cost me over $61, I was floored. This is a hotel that (with taxes) costs over $200 a night, but apparently they want to rake in a little more with the phone. My email to Hyatt regarding what I considered to be unreasonable phone charges was never answered. My advice to you is don't call home on the hotel phone!

Comments