InterContinental Harbor Court Baltimore

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Bavavia's Profile Photo

Didnt stay, but looks like a nice hotel

We drove into Baltimore for the day and didnt need overnight accomodations, but i saw this hotel as we walked around and its a beautiful, big hotel. I just checked the rates and its an expensive one too, averaging around $ 375 a night.

Unique Quality: RIght on the harbour, right next to a water taxi stop.......perfect location, but too expensive.

Directions: on harbour

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Limo Stop

I was going home down Light Street, and there was a limo ahead of me which turned into this place. I have not stayed here as I would not be able to afford it. A room for 2 would be $245/night.

It is right down next to the Inner Harbor. Amenities include:

# Swimming pool
    # Spa services on site
    # Concierge services
    # Fitness equipment
    # Health club
    # Breakfast available (surcharge)
    # Coffee shop or café
    # Laundry facilities
    # Dry cleaning service
    # Patio
    # Shoe shine

Unique Quality: All 195 guestrooms have floor-to-ceiling windows with city or garden views. The 420-square-foot rooms have high-speed Internet access, bathrobes, and marble-topped minibars.

One king or two double beds with damask sheets and quilted spread. Small foyer between bedroom and hotel’s interior corridors. Chippendale-style reproductions, CD player, and 32-inch TV in bedroom. Bathroom has small black-and-white TV, cream-colored vanity with skirted stool, makeup mirror, telephone, shower massage, retractable clothesline, full-length mirror, and Gilchrist & Soames toiletries

More about InterContinental Harbor Court Baltimore

HARBORPLACE

by grandmaR about Phillip's Seafood

For my mom's 91st birthday my sister and I took her down to the inner harbor for lunch. It was too hot for my mom to eat outside, and the restaurant was crowded and a bit noisy, but we had a nice lunch.

RESTAURANT SEATING : 870
OUTSIDE SEATING : YES ( Seasonal )
OPEN : Year Round
RESTAURANT HOURS OF OPERATION :
Monday-Saturday:
11 am-10 pm April through September
11 am-9 pm October through March
Sunday:
11 am-9 pm (year-round)
MENU OPTIONS : Traditional Phillips Menu * Hard Shell Crabs and Crab Feasts * Phillips' Award-Winning Traditional and Premium Crab Cakes * Carry-Out * All-You-Can-Eat Seafood Buffet * Bomster Scallops-- voted the #1 scallop in the world by Gourmet magazine
PARKING : Garage & Metered Nearby, Discounted Parking at Harbor Court Hotel with Validation
HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE : YES
PAYMENT OPTIONS : VISA, MC, DISC, DINERS, AMEX, TRAVELERS CHECKS
CATERING & GROUP AVAILABILITY : YES, Large & small spaces I'm not sure exactly what we ate - I seem to remember a crab cake sandwich, but can't swear to it.

Currently, the most expensive dinner is a clambake for two at $68.99 which includes 2 whole Maine lobsters, a pound of blue crab clusters, half pound of steamed shrimp, half pound of clams and a pound of mussels plus corn on the cob and baby red potatoes.

Signature dishes are crab cake and fried shrimp $19.99 and Phillips Premium Crab Cakes $23.99. The cheapest dinner entrees are salmon or scallops for $16.99

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Flint_Hills

Just returned from the Harbor Court. Trip to the hotel was not pleasant. Missed two flights and did not arrive until 2:00 in the morning. The front desk was very pleasant and actually upgraded us to a semi harbor view. The room was very pleasant. Everything was present, however the sheet on the bed did have a tear in them. The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows were delightful. The common areas of the hotel are outstanding.

All of the staff was more than helpful. The bellman noticed we did not have an umbrella when we went out and provided us one for the day. The concierge made reservations for us at a resturant in Fells Point that actually picked us up in a limosine at no charge. The lounge was great with wonderful service.

We will definetly stay at the Harbor Court Hotel again.

Dont Go On A Busy Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member GU212

I made reservations to stay at the Harbor Court Hotel March 10, 2005. I requested a room with two double beds for four adults. Two days prior to arriving, I called to confirm my reservation to ensure that all was in order. When I arrived at the Harbor Court on July 9, 2005, I was met with quite a surprise. The staff member at the reception desk informed me that, although I had made a reservation well in advance, there was no room with two double beds available. He went on to explain that reservations ensure a room, but not beds. Since I am not familiar with the workings of a hotel, I was not aware of this policy and was caught quite off guard when a room with one bed was offered for my group of four adults. Needless to say, my night at the Harbor Court Hotel was far from comfortable. Other than that the hotel was nice and offered a great location. I would go back, but just dont expect the correct number of beds or go on a weekend when the Red Sox are in town.

A Romantic Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member heather21230

My boyfriend surprised me with a romantic b-day getaway at the Harbor Court Hotel. I live in Southwest Baltimore City so it was kind of strange staying in Baltimore for the night at a hotel, but my experience at the Harbor Court was amazing. Huge, king size bed with fluffy down pillows and comforter. Bathroom twice the size of mine with an LCD TV attached to the wall :) And a view of the courtyard. They have harbor view rooms as well but they were booked the night we stayed there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who loves luxury!

An unhappy stay

by TripAdvisor Member OrrvilleRedRider

My wife, 8 year old son and I spent two unhappy nights at the Harbor Court Hotel in Baltimore over the weekend of March 31-April 2. I would not recommend the hotel.

Before I get to the bad things, here are basics, based on my observations:

1)The hotel is a relatively recent construction, from about 1986 or so. The basic design is decent, although it results in some rooms looking into an interior courtyard. The public areas on the first and second floors are nicely appointed, and the informal restaurant very pleasant and well lighted. I peaked into the bar and formal restaurant, and they looked very nice.

2)We stayed in a full suite – it’s the size of about three regular rooms, with two baths. There was more than enough furniture, of nice selection to furnish the room (a dining area, a living area, and a bedroom separated from the rest by glass French doors. The bathrooms had very high quality fixtures. The linens and bedding were of decent (not high end, but not low end) quality.

3)The location is bit to the south end of the inner harbor, but we were only a short walk from the heart of the activity.

Now to the problems: Service and maintenance, in the context of price. Not all of my complaints would be valid for a hotel at a lower price point. This hotel charges Ritz Carlton rates, so I think it appropriate to hold them to Ritz Carlton standards. They fall well short.

We got a hint of problems when we drove into the inner driveway court to check in. The area was deserted upon arrival, save the doorman, and a woman who proved later to be part of the reception staff, who were chatting. I stopped the car in front of them. I turned it off. Neither had any effect on their conversation. I got out of the car. I opened my trunk. Still no effect. Only after about 90 seconds did their conversation end and my needs surface. For a low end hotel – no problem. For a hotel at this price point – terrible.

The doorman was in fact very nice. Our luggage was placed on a cart and we were told that it would show up in the room. We checked in, and were upgraded to the full suite from the non-smoking junior suite we had reserved. When we entered our room, we were overwhelmed by the smell of cigarette smoke – the room truly stank. When our luggage didn’t arrive after 20 minutes, I went down to see where it was. A member of reception staff had just shown up to take it up to us (evidence of staffing shortages, I presume). I complained about the smoke – and wasn’t offered a new room, but was offered an ionizer. I should have insisted on a new room (my bad).

The ionizer never did remove all of the stench – so now my clothes and suitcases smell of cigarettes.

When my wife and I climbed into bed that night, the next problem surfaced – the mattress was shot, drooping into the middle of the bed. We spent the night in the valley in the middle (not all bad, but I’d rather choose to be there than have to be there).

I decided at this point to simply suffer through the stay, since “how much worse could it get”? Well, it got worse. We returned to our suite after dinner on Saturday, to notice that we had a band in the room. Or, rather, we could hear a band in the room. We were right over the ballroom, and there was an event. My son went immediately to sleep, and I decided that it wasn’t worth complaining at that point. So, I waited – till 2am, as it happened, before the drum beat and rhythm section finally called it quits.

When we checked out very early the next morning, I complained. The desk clerk – far from offering any compensation – promised that he would put me in a room far from the ballroom next time. I suggested that the hotel might want to consider not putting guests in that room when there is an event in the ballroom, and the response was “we don’t have that option when we’re in a fully sold out situation.” A high end hotel wouldn't rent that room. But his comment about sums it up – it’s revenue over service, and the interests of the hotel over the needs of the guests.

The hotel may well have had better days. And perhaps Intercontinental will sort things out. I don’t intend to find out – I’ll look elsewhere next time I’m in Baltimore.

Not 5 stars in my book

Nice location--close to all the inner Harbor Attractions. Rooms are spacious and nicely furnished. Front Desk was helpful but overall the service was lacking. My first room had a toilet that wouldn't stop running, but the front desk gave me a new room very quickly. My king size bed was way too soft and the pillows were very small. There was no hot water in the morning at 5:45. I tried again at 6:00 and finally ended up taking a lukewarm shower at 6:15. I couldn't get room service on the phone. I finally was transferred to the front desk who promised to page room service. But by the time room service called back I was already enjoying my cool shower. I settled for a donut from the coffee shop downstairs. When checking out, the front desk made no apologies about the cold shower. With all the nice hotels around the harbor, there's no reason to go back to the Harbor Court.

Everyone should stay here at least once!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Texas George

It's all about you. Only way to describe the service and hotel. It's easy to see why this hotel wins so many awards. Upscale sheets, 32" tvs in the rooms, great decor, just to name a few amenities.

Only complaint ..no coffee maker in the room. But room service was inexpensive for a pot for two, $8 and prompt.

Comments