Baltimore Hotels

Our Members Say

• margaretpparker profile photo margaretpparker
  • Reviews: 2

The Dorado: Sleep Afloat - Fell's Point

My husband and I stayed aboard one of the Sleep Afloat houseboats in Fells Point for a week. It was in November. Our boat was called The Dorado. We were absolutely delighted with the experience. We've spoken of it highly with our friends. On this boat, the living area, television, windows, heaters, coziness and location were excellent.While there were a few things that were missing at first (ice trays in the freezer, extra blankets, a little difficulty with the coffee maker), the on site manager, Ryan, and Marcia Nguyen, who managed our reservation (she works for Sleep Afloat), were VERY responsive. When I called about things, the solution occurred fairly rapidly. Staying on the water in a marina so close to all the Fells Point restaurants, close to a grocery store and right on the harbor-side multi use path was ideal for us. We enjoyed this experience way more than staying in a hotel room. Those who do stay on a boat, need to be open to boat particulars. The toilet and shower systems are different than those on land, there is a bit of gentle rocking, and getting on an off the boat needs a bit of balance. I would book with Sleep Afloat again. This is a wonderful alternative to Baltimore's hotels.

Great location, being on the water, close to the multi-use path, cozy, novel, comfortable, close to restaurants and grocery store.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Road Trip
  • Written January 22, 2012

The Dorado at Fell

• iaint profile photo iaint
  • Reviews: 1431

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ramada Towson: a bed for the night

Towson is a northern suburb, and we chose this hotel because of its location close to friends and pub/restaurant where we were going to a party.

The room was $50 for a single occupancy. Breakfast is included, and the room has free wifi.

It is a typical US motel style place under the Ramada brand. The room was clean and quiet, but at that price not stylish or welcoming! Breakfast was worth skipping - we went to a nearby diner (not the one across the street).

One word of warning. Satnav took us there from the city centre via one of the most deprived areas of town. Rows of boarded up houses and dubious characters hanging around on every corner. We did not feel safe. There must be another route (via the freeway, I suspect). The hotel area itself is not a problem from that perspective.

Value for money.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip
  • Written October 29, 2010

• oznztofro profile photo oznztofro
  • Reviews: 46

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

airbnb best sourse of your own private room

Im a guy that doesnt like staying in dormrooms. Why? your stuff ca be stolen, people can annoy you in your sleep + sharing a bathroom with others urh

Now before i got my ticket to Maryland deathfest i found a website airbnb.com

At first i was going to stay with a lovely lady north of the city. But months before i left she pulled out.

I had spent an hour looking for 4 day accommodation in Baltimore but i couldn't find anything cheap near the city

So i searched airbnb again & i found this great guy called John that let me rent out his guest room for $40 a night. & it was a 25 minute walk to the festival at the bottom of the bay

He was leaving for a new job overseas so he let me ate up allot of his food

You get a nice big bed, towels, a bathroom, a place to store your stuff & a key to the house

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written July 9, 2010

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3199

RED ROOF INN: RED ROOF INN IN TIMONIUM

Sunday September 17,2006
As Hans and I wanted to be close to Clarence and Ethel, who live in Timonium and as we were going with them to Blob's Park in the afternoon, we picked the RED ROOF INN. It was conveniently located, just off the Northbound 83 and very easy for us to find.
We had a standard room with kingsize bed. The room also had a 25" television, desk & chair, microwave, microfridge and coffee maker. Continental breakfast was not offered.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written September 26, 2006

Red Roof Inn in Timonium

• Rixie profile photo Rixie
  • Reviews: 386

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tremont Park Hotel: Suite Little Hotel

I stayed at the Tremont Park Hotel in September 2006, when VT reserved a block of rooms for Baltoberfest (thanks, Hexepatty!). When I opened the door to my room, I was stunned to find that it was a suite. It was huge: a large bedroom with two beds, a dressing area, bathroom, living room, and kitchenette. There were two big closets and a TV.

Other amenities included Internet access, ironing board and iron, hairdryer, and the use of a terrycloth robe. There was a free Continental breakfast (juice, coffee, pastries and muffins) in the restaurant lobby in the morning.

This is the kind of small hotel that I love staying in -- not too many guests, personalized service -- and I would have given it a higher rating if it hadn't been for a problem with the hot water heater. A cold shower isn't the end of the world, but I felt that the management could have been more pro-active about the situation.

The price below is figured on double occupancy.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Business Travel
  • Written September 19, 2006

Living room in my suite

• grandmaR profile photo grandmaR
  • Reviews: 6594

Baltimore Hunt Valley Marriott Inn: Baltimore County - North

We went out to Hunt Valley for a family brunch when my daughter flew in from TX. She was staying with my mom in Towson and judging a horse show in Harrisburg PA. My daugher and SIL and grandson also came up after church on Sunday.

This hotel seems to be primarily a business hotel for conventions and meetings. There are 390 rooms (4 floors with 3 concierge levels) and a Convention Center with 28,000 sq ft. of flexible meeting space. There appeared to be at least 3 restaurants and I saw an ATM machine. I saw an outdoor pool and apparently there is also a connecting indoor pool.

There is free parking on the grounds, and they offer a shuttle to BWI airport. There is a subway stop one mile to the NE.

No pets except that service animals are allowed.

Business centers, Express Check-in/Check-out, concierge services
High-speed Internet access and a spacious work desk for the business traveler.

* Coffee/tea in-room
* Newspaper delivered to room
* Newspaper in lobby
* Phone calls: toll-free
* Laundry on-site
* Room service
* Safe deposit boxes, front desk
* Valet dry-cleaning
* Wheelchairs

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Business Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written October 9, 2005
Tip Photo

Gazebo in a courtyard off the main lobby

• Jabberjenn profile photo Jabberjenn
  • Reviews: 47

Any hotel in the Downtown area.....: Downtown Hotels....

When you're visitng another city, the number one aspect you should look for is location. Baltimore has many great hotels, and certainly you should try to stay at one that is located in the Downtown/Inner Harbor area. By doing this, you can save yourself the hassle of worrying about a rental car or public transportation.

Any hotel you can find that sits east of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and west of President Street will pretty much put you into the center of all the action.

So look into deals on Expedia.com, use those hotel points you have saved, or simply surf the web and find the best price. When you get to Baltimore, you'll quickly realize that you won't want to be spending much time at all inside your hotel room. The downtown area simply has so much to see and do, you'll be glad you chose a hotel right in the middle of the excitement!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 5, 2004
Tip Photo

The Downtown area is the BEST place to stay!

• park_acw profile photo park_acw
  • Reviews: 3
Mount Royal Terrace: Student Budget Room

It is a house. A BIG old house. I lived here for 4 months. It was great and affordable for us. In case u are gonna stay in baltimore for couple of months, you can ask me for more details of this big house. All prices are included gas, electricity,etc.
Room prices vary: $300, $350, $400,$450. Prices used to be negotiatable.
Landlord is friendly, a wise guy.
Located near the center, walking distance, but who walks anyway in Baltimore?? They usually drives or taking the bus. But remember, public transports arent really safe!!

Facilities:

sofas
kitchen utilities
bed
closet
bathroom in ur own room(only 2 big rooms in the house)

ps: the only thing u need to put in mind is that u will be sharing the whole house with 5 or more people.

• Related to: Study Abroad
  • Written April 25, 2003

The Big House, 1st floor

• frankcanfly profile photo frankcanfly
  • Reviews: 2603

My apartment

Here's a view from my apartment, looking mostly East. Can any of you local yocals figure out where I live??

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written November 14, 2002

• frankcanfly profile photo frankcanfly
  • Reviews: 2603

Federal Hill neighborhood

Here's the rowhouse in Federal Hill that my best friend and rented while we were in college.

Very very narrow.... I think it was about 10 feet wide. We tossed a coin, and I got the tiny bedroom..... tiny.......

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written September 17, 2002

Grindal Street

• richiecdisc profile photo richiecdisc
  • Reviews: 5929

Hotel rooms around the Inner...

Hotel rooms around the Inner Harbor area are expensive as one would expect. On previous trips, I've stayed outside town in Motel 6, but then you have to drive home from Happy Hour. :( There is no hostel to speak of though there is a grungy cheap hotel norht of Mt. Vernon. I'm happy to now have a friend living in town. ;)

I would have been perfectly happy to fall asleep on this comfy couch at the Brewer's Art.

• Opinion of Price: