Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor At Camden Yards

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Costs 67% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• marca's Profile Photo

Good Hotel near the Convention Center

Booked an overnight stay in Baltimore through Priceline.com so we did not have a choice of Hotel. Would of preferred to stay nearer to Fells Point. Common areas and room was very clean. We heard very little street noise (we were on the 8th floor) There are plenty of restaurants nearby.

Unique Quality: Walking distance to Inner Harbor, Convention Center and City Transit. They have a pool but we did not use it. Adjacent garage parking is available for $23. per day. I thought this was steep but they allow you to come and go from the garage for no additional fee.

More about Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor At Camden Yards

Great Stay, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Tim2458

Having just returned from a work trip to Baltimore, I am glad I stayed at the Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards. This is a well-maintained ten-story hotel with a friendly staff and nice amenities, especially if you stay on the concierge floor. Rooms were a good size, the bed was amazingly comfortable, and the breakfast and dessert served in the concierge lounge were substantial and delicious. Breakfast included fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, deli meats, muffins, bagels, fresh OJ, cereals, and of course coffee and tea. If you want to bring food back to your room, they provide take-out containers and disposable utensils. I was unable to attend the hors d’oeuvres happy hour, but the dessert bar provides various cakes and other goodies. Because of my meeting schedule, I didn’t get the chance to use the pool or fitness room, so I can’t comment on them, although with all the eating, I should have made time. The hotel is conveniently located if you’re going to an Orioles game. One side of the hotel looks out directly on the Camden Yards field, but that will change because there is construction of new buildings going on between the two. The Convention Center is a block away. It is less than a ten minute walk to Inner Harbor, which has expanded with an area called Inner Harbor East that is home to another Marriott and some fine restaurants, including Charleston, which specializes in low country cuisine and prepared a four-course dinner that was one of the best meals I ever experienced both in food and service. The only down points – the water was turned off one night for a system upgrade (they provided advance notice and extra bottled water in the room), and the towels could have been more plush. Still, there is a reason why Trip Advisor reviewers rate this at the best of the chain hotels in the city. They do their jobs well and provide a comfortable and restful stay.

Our First Choice

The Baltimore Marriott will be our first choice when visiting the city again. We've traveled all over the world, Japan, Germany, Holland, just to name a few. Our stay at the Marriott was supherb, with excellent service at your finger tips, in addition to polite and experienced associates. Our room was quite and very comfortable. Looking pass the construction through out, we most definitly enjoyed our stay. We'll be back. Thanks Marriott! Your are a taste of Baltimore.

Looks are deceiving

by TripAdvisor Member BarefootTom

This hotel is NOT impressive from the outside....in fact, it looks a bit dirty and shabby. However, upon checking in, I found very good service, a nice-sized clean and comfortable room and the quiet night of sleep I was seeking.

As a businessman, that's really all I want. Baseball fans should request a room on the southside of the hotel, where you can see first base and the right field area of Camden Yard.

In short, a good stay and I've already booked another room there this week.

This Place is Great!!!!

I don't understand how anyone can give this place a bad rating. The service there was outstanding as well as its vicinity to the ballpark. I had a room overlooking the right field of Camden Yards and it was great. The rooms had the most wonderful sleeping beds I've ever slept on. This hotel is a treat for any baseball fan or traveler to Baltimore. I have stayed at many different places around town and this by far is the best. The trick is to be a Marriott rewards member; its free and will only lower the cost you pay for your stay!

we will definitely come back

we recently stayed with you on 9/26/05. we had stayed elsewhere earlier in the summer to see the Baltimore-Yankee game in June, but were very unhappy with our accomodations. We will always stay with you on any trips back to Baltimore. The room was wonderful, fluffy rug in the Bathroom, Down comforters on the beds, great view of the ball park, everything was clean, EVERYONE WAS MORE THAN PLEASANT AND THERE WAS MORE THAN ENOUGH STAFF AVAILABLE, had a great lunch, dinner and room service breakfast-----very tasty and served beautiful. I would love to just come back right now and spend a week with you. Thank you for being what a great hotel should be. I give you 6 stars. God Bless.
Tom & Fran Foreman.

Great location, friendly people

I stayed for a few nights, on business, late November 2005. Location is good, walking distance from Convention Centre, 20 minutes from airport (by light rail, US $ 1,60), walking distance from the harbor, the sea food restaurants, and the great aquarium. Hotel itself a bit worn down, but still good quality. Nice swimming pool and yacuzzi. Is in triangle shape, so when you swim with more than 3 persons prepare for near collisions. Staff super professional and super friendly. Breakfast is a joy! In the room the only mistake is that they still have no in room safe. One has to go down to reception with all valuables, strange for a hotel this standard. But good value for the money, big rooms, well equipped, the USA today on the mat every morning ... in short, I liked it and will probably come back again.

They could've done better

I recently stayed at this hotel for a conference my company was having in Nov. I'm unsure if I'll stay with them again. Checkin was easy and hasslefree, the bellhop was very nice. I was a little dissapointed that there was no sort of continental breakfast. There is a cafe open for breakfast but we didn't have time for a sit down meal. My two biggest complaints are 1) I was there for a week and on at least 2 days, when I returned to the room, there were dirty towels still on the bed or in the bathroom. I can understand somethings being overlooked but this was quite obvious. 2) After I checked out, I realized I forgot my phone charger. I called the hotel from the airport and asked if the housekeeper could put it at the front desk and a colleauge of mine would pick it up. I told her exactly were is was and I had only been out of the room for about an hour so I didn't think housekeeping had even made it there yet. She said she'd take care of it. Later my colleauge told me that they hadn't found the charger.(and I know I don't have it!) I find this strange, like I said, I'd only been gone about an hour.

These complaints may sound petty but as someone who has spent many hours working in a busy hotel, they weren't unreasonable. Better luck next time Marriott!

Great staff, great accommodations

by TripAdvisor Member Orion487

An excellent value for the weekend rate we paid. Great for coming into town and taking in a show or event. What impressed me the most was the friendly and helpful staff: from the bell staff, bar and restaurant staff, housekeeping and front desk, everyone went out of their way to make my family feel welcome and at home. The average-size room was clean and comfortable, and the entire hotel was well maintained. We'll stay there again on our next visit to Baltimore.

Baltimore Waterfront to DC via Public Transportation

by mdrice

I will be in Baltimore for a conference in June staying on the waterfront at the Baltimore Marriot Waterfront. While in the area I would like to go to the Nations Capital for a visit. This would be on a Monday. Could someone let me know the best way or ideas on how to do this without renting a car. Also what other things are there to do in Baltimore within walking distance to the Waterfront area.

Re: Baltimore Waterfront to DC via Public Transportation

by travelmad478

You can take the MARC (commuter) train to Washington Union Station, if you're traveling on a Monday. From the waterfront area, go the station at Howard and Conway Sts. and take the Camden Line MARC train southbound from there.

See http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/marc/schedulesSystemMaps/camden.cfm

Be aware that this train is designed for commuters, not tourists. There are frequent trains in the early morning and late afternoon/evening, but only one or two in the middle of the day. If you are traveling outside rush hour, you can take Amtrak (from Baltimore Penn Station, www.amtrak.com) or the bus (www.greyhound.com).

Comments