Marriott Baltimore Waterfront

PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

On the Inner Harbor

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 21, 2013

We were meeting at the Waterfront Marriott. This hotel had a lot going for it. We were able to walk to Little Italy, the Inner Harbor, Camden Yards, and several other places easily - so it has a really solid location. Taxi from the airport runs almost $50 with tip, but you do arrive quickly. I checked in around 1:00 in the afternoon - I could either wait for a king room, or jump on a room immediately with two doubles, which I did. The view was nothing too spectacular (I got to look over Little Italy.) But that's about the biggest complaint I had. Service was top notch - everything was clean as a whistle. The bed was very comfortable - I slept extremely well. Elevators did take some time during peak usage, so I found the stairway and used that a couple of times. Room was quiet and spacious as well. Checkout on the TV didn't work, but I was taken care of at the front desk quickly.

Unfortunately, I did not get to see many of the amenities (pool, etc.) or try the onsite dining. Too many places to walk to made that unnecessary. There's a CVS about two blocks away for the little items. I also ran around the inner harbor in the morning - runners should find lots of great options.

An excellent stay!

Worst Expierence EVER!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 24, 2010

I was aghast at how my companion and I were treated by almost the entire hotel staff. From checking in where I was told I could not check in because my room was dirty; even though almost the entire hotel was empty. To not being able to get a taxi all weekend no matter how early I called in advance or who I talked to including a manager. Having half my room service order forgotten when forced to order from room service because both bar and restaurant were closed early. To having the front desk insult my companion as well as an assistant front desk manager, Nick Maida, tell us point blank that he was not going to help us. Not to mention the ice which fell from the hotel drawing blood from my girlfriends wrist. All of which was completely ignored. I for one will never stay in a Marriott again and I would warn other weary travelers to avoid them as well!

Unique Quality: Close to a very good Irish pub.

Directions: Waterfront

jessicadf's Profile Photo

A decent hotel for a conference in a nice location

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 18, 2008

I stayed here as it's the conference hotel for the Usability Professional's Association annual conference. I had a late check-in and was pleased to be placed in a room on the 30th floor with a comfortable king sized bed. The view is lovely (see photo).

The hotel isn't TOP notch, however, and could benefit from a bit more care. For instance in my room, the ceiling light just inside the front door does not work. Neither do the cool looking reading lights protruding from the headboard of the bed. The bed frame squeaks a little but it's not that bothersome because I'm alone. ;-) The room smells a little funny but not so much that I'd request another room.

The food provided by the hotel for the conference and from room service is alright, but not stellar. The bread is always too thick and too dry. When I ordered a bowl of crab and corn chowder from room service it was delivered on a tray with a bowl, but the soup itself was in a cardboard container. Huh?

Unique Quality: Lovely view of the harbor and right down by the touristy area. It feels a bit like the Baltimore equivalent of Fisherman's Wharf. It feels safe to walk around the area surrounding the hotel.

Directions: Inner Harbor

jag17's Profile Photo

Great Location

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 1, 2008

I was here to attend a conference, but thought it was very nice. I had a great view of the harbor, the rooms were good size, reasonably quiet, and in a central location. All of the normal ammenities of a large chain hotel; lobby bar, and deli available for any coffee, snacks, smoothies, pastries, etc. that you may need.

marca's Profile Photo

Good city hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 24, 2006

Stayed one night to ride in the 2006 Tour de Port. We were able to leave the car in the garage and ride our bikes to the start of the Tour. Front desk was very helpful as we had left the directions to the Tour at home. We were on the 12th floor which was very quiet.

Unique Quality: Walking distance to Fells Point

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Baltimore Travel Forum

Need advice about Baltimore, Maryland? Visit the Travel Forum for Baltimore and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Baltimore hotel reviews