700 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, Maryland, 21202, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Marriott.com

Costs 52% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

On the Inner Harbor

We were meeting at the Waterfront Marriott. This hotel had a lot going for it. We were able to walk to Little Italy, the Inner Harbor, Camden Yards, and several other places easily - so it has a really solid location. Taxi from the airport runs almost $50 with tip, but you do arrive quickly. I checked in around 1:00 in the afternoon - I could either wait for a king room, or jump on a room immediately with two doubles, which I did. The view was nothing too spectacular (I got to look over Little Italy.) But that's about the biggest complaint I had. Service was top notch - everything was clean as a whistle. The bed was very comfortable - I slept extremely well. Elevators did take some time during peak usage, so I found the stairway and used that a couple of times. Room was quiet and spacious as well. Checkout on the TV didn't work, but I was taken care of at the front desk quickly.

Unfortunately, I did not get to see many of the amenities (pool, etc.) or try the onsite dining. Too many places to walk to made that unnecessary. There's a CVS about two blocks away for the little items. I also ran around the inner harbor in the morning - runners should find lots of great options.

An excellent stay!

• Worst Expierence EVER!

I was aghast at how my companion and I were treated by almost the entire hotel staff. From checking in where I was told I could not check in because my room was dirty; even though almost the entire hotel was empty. To not being able to get a taxi all weekend no matter how early I called in advance or who I talked to including a manager. Having half my room service order forgotten when forced to order from room service because both bar and restaurant were closed early. To having the front desk insult my companion as well as an assistant front desk manager, Nick Maida, tell us point blank that he was not going to help us. Not to mention the ice which fell from the hotel drawing blood from my girlfriends wrist. All of which was completely ignored. I for one will never stay in a Marriott again and I would warn other weary travelers to avoid them as well!

Unique Quality: Close to a very good Irish pub.

Directions: Waterfront

• jessicadf's Profile Photo

A decent hotel for a conference in a nice location

I stayed here as it's the conference hotel for the Usability Professional's Association annual conference. I had a late check-in and was pleased to be placed in a room on the 30th floor with a comfortable king sized bed. The view is lovely (see photo).

The hotel isn't TOP notch, however, and could benefit from a bit more care. For instance in my room, the ceiling light just inside the front door does not work. Neither do the cool looking reading lights protruding from the headboard of the bed. The bed frame squeaks a little but it's not that bothersome because I'm alone. ;-) The room smells a little funny but not so much that I'd request another room.

The food provided by the hotel for the conference and from room service is alright, but not stellar. The bread is always too thick and too dry. When I ordered a bowl of crab and corn chowder from room service it was delivered on a tray with a bowl, but the soup itself was in a cardboard container. Huh?

Unique Quality: Lovely view of the harbor and right down by the touristy area. It feels a bit like the Baltimore equivalent of Fisherman's Wharf. It feels safe to walk around the area surrounding the hotel.

Directions: Inner Harbor

• jag17's Profile Photo

Great Location

I was here to attend a conference, but thought it was very nice. I had a great view of the harbor, the rooms were good size, reasonably quiet, and in a central location. All of the normal ammenities of a large chain hotel; lobby bar, and deli available for any coffee, snacks, smoothies, pastries, etc. that you may need.

• marca's Profile Photo

Good city hotel

Stayed one night to ride in the 2006 Tour de Port. We were able to leave the car in the garage and ride our bikes to the start of the Tour. Front desk was very helpful as we had left the directions to the Tour at home. We were on the 12th floor which was very quiet.

Unique Quality: Walking distance to Fells Point

More about Marriott Baltimore Waterfront

NOT worth it!

by TripAdvisor Member lotsofbites

I am a Marriott Rewards member - Elite Gold member at that, and have stayed in my fair share of Marriott hotels for both business and personal travel.

The Baltimore Marriott Watefront was one of the worst. I treated my fiance to a weekend of room service and hotel amenities (he doesn't get to travel for business as much as I do, so it is a treat for him to stay in hotels). Don't let the nice lobby and waterfront location of this Marriott fool you.

To start, the check-in person was not very nice. I asked her for an upper floor with somewhat of a water view (my current room rate was $289 and I asked for a water view when I made my reservation). For being a decent level Marriott Rewards member, I asked for an upper floor with a decent view which should be granted - she gave me a corner room with a view tops of very old buildings. I went downstairs to request something else. While I was waiting in line, a different check-in person helping another couple received a corner room with a water view. I casually spoke to this couple and they did not ask for this in advance, nor were they Marriott Rewards members! When it was my turn in line, the front desk person said there were no more water view rooms left. The other couple got the last one. Management should really re-train their front desk people.

The beds felt like I was sleeping on sandpaper, which surprised me because Marriott usually has great beds and pillows. I actually had reddish marks on my elbows from the sheets in the bed!

My room service was late and they also got our order wrong. We asked for a bottle of water and we got a pitcher of tap.

I know that the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront hotel was busy at the time that I stayed there, but that should not be an excuse for poor service!!!! The Marriott hotel in New York is 10 times as busy ALL THE TIME and I have NEVER had problems there (I stay there at least a few times per year for business).

They really need to re-train the management team and all the people below them. I am never staying there again.

Marriott Waterfront pros and cons

by TripAdvisor Member The4Bears

Stayed for three nights while dropping our son at college in Baltimore. Requested (and paid a premium for) harborview, adjoining rooms that were standard Marriott decor and size but did have knockout views. The pool and health club were great and the lobby food concession was both affordable and great quality. The grating feature was having to pay for use of the inroom safe ($2 a day) and for use of the refrigerator (would be charged if anything was removed and the appliance was used for your own items). We felt that the room rate was hefty enough to warrant complimentary use of both of these...hate to be "nickle and dimed"for these things! Will probably stay elsewhere next time.

Good Experience but a few flaws....

by TripAdvisor Member cld5858

This is my second stay at the hotel. The first was flawless. The meeting rooms were excellent and we never had any problems while there.
The second stay was last week and the night before I checked out, I couldn't get any hot water. Early the next morning either. Another person told me that they had had a similar experience early in the month with the lack of hot water. Also, I stayed 4 nights and never received any new soap or shampoos. I thought that was a little weird. Other than that...great view. Nice snack shop. Restaurant a little pricey and not a great deal of variety if you just want a small meal.

Don't bother

What a crappy hotel. First of all, I need an adaptor for my laptop, but this hotel doesn't provide one! For $350/night they should have a converter/ adaptor to accomodate international travelers. Then I go to the minibar, they want to charge $4.95 for a coke! Hello? It gets worse: If I want to store anything in the refrigerator that is not there's, they will charge a $5.95 storing fee. Are they kidding? And the service is crap. And their attitude stinks!

Way overrated in comparison to other Baltimore hotels

Could these rooms be any tinier? Besides promising me a hotel "in the middle of everything" (the hotel is a 10-to-15 minute walk from anything, much less "everything"), I have never witnessed a hotel with less personalized service. The place is a hotel room factory with 700+ rooms and no time for any one individual. The tiny rooms make one feel like he or she is sleeping in a tiny compartment. Worst of all, the view is of the Renaissance, Hyatt, and Harbor Court Hotels, all of which are truly in the middle of everything and offer more spacious rooms.

Did I mention that I attended a convention at the Baltimore Convention Center? THis hotel was apparently built to fulfill Baltimore's need for a large hotel for the Convention Center--but it is ONE MILE from the Convention Center!?! You've got to be KIDDING me!

Awesome Foyer! Average Room...

by TripAdvisor Member DIDST

I just returned from a trip to Baltimore on 1/11/2005. Upon first arrival, I was extremely impressed with the grand entrance of the hotel. The check-in process was cool. I forgot to pack my toothpaste and they graciously gave me a small travel tube. I anxiousely awaited my room thinking that it would be equally impressive! My room was okay...just okay. I was put on the 19th floor facing Little Italy. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to be fearful of staying. I found a small red wax looking spot on my toilet and then on the floor. After notifying the front desk, they immediately sent housekeeping to clean it up. The bed was very comfortable and I melted in it! The walls are paper thin...so pray that no one will be next door.

I did not feel good the first night and went to the concierge at 3am to see if they had a place where I could take my blood pressure. The 3 folks at the desk said "no" and no one bothered to ask me was I "okay" even though it was in the wee hours of the morning. I then proceeded to the front desk to ask the gentleman where the nearest emergency room was, he mentioned that Johns Hopkins was up the street, but never offered to call a cab or ambulance. So I proceeded to sit in the lobby for about 2 hours to call my heart rate down! The only person who talked to me was the guard who wanted to know if I was a visitor or a guest (since I had been sitting in front of the TV for a while).

Other than that, the hotel meeting space, catering and wait staff was superb! The food is great and they really cater to your every need. Our food preparation and service in the meeting space was first class!

The hotel is in a great location and convenient to a lot of tourist locations. Overall, I had a good stay...since I was on business travel I got a good group rate and can't complain about the nickel/dime ancillary charges.

Comments