711 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, Maryland, 21202, United States

Orbitz.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!!!

My husband and I have traveled all over the world and have never been treated so poorly and done so by a very rude and arrogant hotel manager named AJ. He was not even willing to agree or listen to our concerns after telling him our luggage was misplaced and they brought us someone elses luggage to the room. Then we were locked out of our room 3 times because the keys kept deactivating (And no, they were not mixed with credit cards, cell phones, etc) and there was noone available at the front desk EVER. He just stood there and had a smirk on his face as if he thought it was funny that we were complaining about this. He even insulted the hotel by correcting my husband and saying the hotel is not a 4 star but is 3 star hotel. This place has the worst service and the employees really need to be taught better customer service and how to treat their clients. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER AND VERY OVERPRICED!!!!!!

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

An Expensive Splurge

This hotel is comfortable, luxurious, conveniently located... and not cheap. Rooms are $350 per night and up. The more you pay, the more personal attention you can receive from an "Experience Consultant," more or less a personal Concierge that caters the experience to your personal tastes. We were pretty low-maintenance.

And speaking of tastes, they have some tasty extras, such as "Crabby Hour" on weekday evenings, featuring all-you-can eat crab for guests. Saturday afternoons offer a real treat, with the "Wish Upon a Star" Chocolate bar, featuring fountains of yummy milk, dark, and white chocolate with all sorts of edible items to dunk. Breakfast is normally included, served in the adjoining cafe.

Also attached to the hotel are two world-class restaurants: a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, and McCormick and Schmick's bar and seafood grill. We skipped these pricey delights in favor of Camden Yards crab cakes and ale.

One issue that peeved me a bit: our "Consultant" took pictures of us during the Chocolate event and posted them to a webpage. When I tried to download them, I got a stern warning that the images (of us!) were copyrighted and could not be posted to websites (such as VT)! Especially annoying, since we forgot our camera.

Unique Quality: - Luxurious and Romantic
    - Personalized service
    - Excellent views of the Inner Harbor
    - Conveniently located

Directions: Walk along the Inner Harbor, past the ESPN Zone. The hotel is, interestingly enough, located on Pier 5.

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Stay In the Center of the Action

This place was unbelievably convenient to everything the Inner Harbor in Baltimore has to offer.... the front desk was very attentive and the rooms were well worth their price for their size and for the unique colors and layouts. The nautical theme was very nice in this perfectly located hotel!

Unique Quality: The unique quality is that this spot is in the Harbort itself, not a few blocks away like most others. I also thought the design was very unique, I don't think I've ever seen so much purple used in decoration before.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Pier 5 Hotel

The Pier 5 is one of the top-of-the-line hotels in Baltimore. I probably would not have stayed here, but we got a great deal on Priceline.com ... a $200-$300 room was only $120. Since we had 6 of us in the room, it was pretty inexpensive!

This hotel is located right on the Inner Harbor just a few minutes walk from all of the major downtown attractions.

Parking is about $15 per night at the Pier 5 parking garage.

More about Pier 5 Hotel

Seven Foot Knoll Lighthouse

by Ewingjr98

Located on Pier 5, just behind the Harbormagic Pier 5 Hotel, is the historic Seven Foot Knoll Lighthouse. Built in 1855, it was originally located at the mouth of the Patapsco River... it was moved to Pier 5 in 1988.

The area around the lighthouse is a popular picnic and jogging spot, and it offers some great views of the Inner Harbor.

Outstanding Guest Services

The Pier 5 was a very beautiful and very modern hotel. We loved the environment of the entire place. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable of the area, and helpful with giving great suggestions for things we must do while visiting Baltimore. If we are ever blessed with the opportunity to reture to Baltimore again., we will be sure to stay here at the Pier 5 Hotel. My husband and I would highly recommended this hotel to our family and friends for sure.

What a great time

We stayed at the Pier 5 Hotel for 4th of July weekend and we were at the center of it all! We couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. We parked the car and never needed it again until we left, everything is within walking distance. We watched the fireworks from the balcony of the hotel. We walked over to Pier 6 concert pavillion and saw a wonderful concert. We walked to dinner in Little Italy at Bella-Notte ( My Italian love of my life tells me it means beautiful night) well she was right, the dinner was fabulous!

We also ate at the hotel which has several outstanding restaurants as well!

I highly recommed this hotel for it's luxury, convenience and the staff was outstanding! They greeted us each time and wished us a nice evening on our way out the door.

The only thing I would suggest is to bring your own "adult beverages" if you want a cocktail in your room, there was not a bar that allowed you to bring the drink back to the room, you have to order it thru roomservice.

I will definitely return and stay there again!

Thank you for a great 4th of July weekend!

Joe & Lisa

Exceptional Location & Great Service

This hotel has a great look and feel in an exceptional location. Not only did we find ourselves in the heart of Baltimore's Inner Harbor, but my wife and I were made to feel like family from the minute we drove up to the valet. In a time where highway Super 8's can cost $100 a night, we got exactly what we paid for and more.

Very disorganized .........

by TripAdvisor Member JLC&N

We stayed here April 8 and 9, 2004. I have never stayed at a hotel that was run less professionally. We loved the location and the room, but it was overshadowed by the disorganized management. First, our room was not ready for over two hours after check in. There were numerous others in the same situation and some with small children who were out of control in the lobby while they waited for their rooms. The maid and check in staff were polite, told us what we wanted to hear, and then none of it was true. (Told us our room was ready, when we got up there is was not. We kept hearing "five more minutes" for almost a half an hour after that.) Then, the bell man, who I'd tipped $5 to bring us our luggage, came and told us that since the room wasn't ready, he would leave our luggage in the car. We called when we were told our room was ready, but the bell man went and the room was still being made up. He stated that as the room still wasn't ready, he would leave our luggage at the bell hop stand where it would be "safe." He directed us to just call down for it when the room was actually ready. We called and our luggage but it did not come. Finally, 40 minutes later, my husband went looking for it and found it in the middle of the lobby, totally unattended. As a final example of how badly run this hotel is, we spoke with the valet, bell and desk staff (twice each) to make sure our car would be ready at 4:00 a.m. on Saturday morning when we had to check out, so we could catch our very early flight. We were assured it would be brought out the night before, left in front of the hotel, with the keys at the front desk. Again, we tipped a valet. Not only was it not waiting, there was no valet in sight. I had to wake up a desk clerk (literally) to help us and she had no idea what to do. After about 30 minutes of me ranting and cussing, the valet showed up (looking like he had been napping somewhere). The moved the six cars blocking ours in and eventually brought it to us. I was really, really angry. (Note, the rooms all open up to the atrium and there is a loud echo. I probably disturbed everyone in the whole hotel, as did anyone that came in late and was talking loudly.)So, nice facility, horribly disorganized staff.
We would not stay here again.

The worst front desk service ever experienced

We chose this hotel because of the location and apparent standard. The location is good but the standard is nowhere near what it should be.

When we arrived, the front desk advised that my credit card was "not authorised". They then refused to register me or help me in any way whatsoever.

I ended up having to make an international telephone call from the telephones in the lobby (using a phone card) - only to discover that my credit card company was simply asking the hotel to check authenticity of the holder!!! There was no apology from the front desk and no concern whatsoever about my situation (as far as they were concerned, it did not matter whether I registered or not).

This was ONE example of the attitude at the front desk (there were a number of similar problems during the three days stay). However, the rest of the staff were very helpful and welcoming - including Cindy at the Concierge desk (who was marvellous).

Please note that the hotel is also very noisy at night (we constantly had to ask the front desk to do something about it) and the amenities are very poor. They are unable to give change without a hassle, do not sell stamps, do not have an inhouse shop or restaurant (the adjoining restaurants are independent of the hotel), do not have a swimming pool, cannot arrange tickets for shows etc. etc.

Help On Moderate Restaurants

by Zaster

I am going to be staying in Baltimore (Inner-Harbor, Pier 5 hotel) the first week in August, with my wife and 2 kids. In other forums, I have seen others writing that the Inner-Harbor restaurants are all expensive and everything is ala cart.

I am looking for any suggestions and/or links to family friendly or moderately priced restaurants in the area.

by Luke6647

I suggest that you head to the Little Italy and Fells Point areas of town. Yes, there are some expensive reataurants in these two areas, but there are a lot of "mom and pop" and family friendly places. For fun, take the water taxi to Fells Point. You can catch a cab to Little Italy.

If you stay dowentown, you'll have to head away from the Inner harbor or eat at its Food Court.

by ellielou

You could check out my Balto food tips, or others here. Many of mine are in the Fells Point area, easy enough walk from Pier 5 hotel.

You could also search this board for tips. People ask questions about where to eat near the Inner Harbor ALL the time....

by Zaster

Thanks! I'll search for those 2 areas.

by Zaster

Thanks very much! I enjoyed reading your reviews and tips on your page. I see 2 of your recommended restaurants are in Fells Point and one says it's near Fells Point. I will also check out the chowhound link you give :)

by lcat61

I recommend Little Italy (you can walk from Pier 5). Browse the menus as you stroll and take your pick. My favorite is Sabatino's. You never know, you might run into a movie star (I did)!

by ellielou

I actually would disagree on the Little Italy recommendation, but to each his/her own.

I just saw a post on CH that perfectly answers your question:

by Zaster

Are trip has changed somewhat as the kids will be staying behind. Neither was thrilled about going and grandma suddenly offered to let them visit. Because of this we can expand our restaurant options. I have read about Little Italy in the tips page and we think we'll try there 1-2 days anyway. There are so many options we've read about that it's going to be hard to pick and choose.

Comments