Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 24% more and rated 14% lower than other 3 star hotels

• The Radisson Lord Baltimore Hotel

This is a pretty nice hotel located in a historic building. I believe that the sign on the outside said that it was on the National Register of Historic Places. The lobby is quite nice and has a bar and a Starbucks as well as a gift shop.

My room was quite nice as well, with the one exception being that I had asked for a non-smoking room and didn't get one. The room was pretty smelly. But, the bed was nice and comfy and the bathroom was great. It was big and had lots of natural light. They even had conditioner! (I love good toiletries).

The only real complaint I have about this place is that its bar staff was really bad. I sat in the bar for 20 minutes and no one asked me if I wanted a drink, and when I finally went up to the bar to get one myself they gave me the wrong thing.

Directions: About three blocks up from the Inner Harbor.

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Radisson Lord Baltimore

I stayed here about 10 years ago when it was the independent Lord Baltimore hotel. It was a grand hotel in a great location. I'm sure that the Radisson corporation has maintained that design.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Very Elegant

I really enjoyed my stay here. This historic hotel has a lot of beautiful charm and is located very centrally in the city, so everything that I wanted to see was in walking distance. Although, just to let you know, I love to walk around the city to see everything up close. So, wear some comfortable shoes. I felt very safe at this hotel and the staff is wonderful. Everyone was really helpful and friendly. The room was very comfortable and pretty. So, I think you would enjoy you stay here.

Unique Quality: They do provide valet parking, but if you want to park your own vehicle there's several very nearby parking garages just around the corners. A restaurant, Starbucks, and wonderful little convenience store is on site and tell the owner Tehachapi sent ya:))

More about Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore

Elegant and Expensive Old Hotel in Baltimore

by Paul2001 about Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore

When I was arranging my little tour of the American East Coast, I decided to book all my hotels in advance. As the internet was only in it's infancy then, I had to do this over the telephone. I was well aware that when a conventions roles into town, hotels book up. That was the case in Baltimore. I usually book myself into Comfort Inns or something along that lines because they are compfy if bland. However Baltimore was hosting a livestock feed convention. I am not kidding! Food for you cows and pigs. The ones I met where nice folks so I will not make fun. Anyway all the midpriced hotels where full, so I had to upgrade myself somewhat. I in fact found myself upgrading by double the price I usually pay for a room in American big city. I ended up in the Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore. It was excellent as it should be. At the time it was most expensive hotel I ever stayed in, a whopping $180.00. They treated me like a king here so I was happy.
The Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore was opened in 1928 and has superb old world charm. The decor is plush. The rooms were large which is not always the case in old hotels. It is located in the entertainment district of the city. The harbourfront is only five blocks away. There is lots of shopping nearby and the neighborhood is very safe which is important in Baltimore. The service here is excellent and friendly. The bellhop even offered to get me some "entertainment"!

Lord Baltimore Hotel

by Dabs

The Lord Baltimore Hotel, currently a Radisson Hotel, is one of the classic grand dame hotels along the lines of Chicago's Palmer House. It was built in 1928, designed by William Stoddart. It was completed right before the depression and right before Art Deco became the popular building style, it's the last high rise in Baltimore built with classical ornamentation. If you're in the area, pop in and visit the lobby, it's not as grand as the Palmer House but it's worth a look.

Located at 20 West Baltimore St.

Good Value despite the reviews

by TripAdvisor Member newface

I stayed 4 days in december 04. The room was quite comfortable, clean and quiet. No Micro, no fridge, no pay per view movies. The staff really went out thier way to help me. I had no complains. Would stay again.

This is a Radisson?

by TripAdvisor Member baileyfirestone

I am really having trouble believing that this is a Radisson Hotel. I stayed here for 2 nights in January, 2005 for a conference and knew the moment I walked into the lobby that it was not going to be a good experience.

This must have been quite a beautiful hotel in its heyday. Unfortunately, no one has taken the time or money to renovate it in decades. Both the rooms and public areas are shabby, with dirty, peeling wallpaper and old, dinged-up furniture.

Due to inclement weather, we arrived after midnight and were hungry. Unfortunately, there was no fridge or minibar in the room and no room service after midnight. In addition, there was some kind of dried food on the bedside telephone.

Since it was so cold outside, I used the extra blanket from the closet - only to find that it was ripped at one end. Not a little rip, but a rip at least 12 inches long. And when I asked for a new one, they delivered one with multiple holes in it.

While I know that renovations take time and money, there is no excuse for the dirt and bad blankets.

So-So

I stayed here with some friends for a weekend in August of 2004. I agree with the other review that the hotel was very loud, we were on a high floor and still heard everything outside. The lobby was nice, and we didn't have any major problems with the hotel. The AC took a while to start working. The location is OK, not a long walk from the harbor or Camden Yards. If I got a great deal like I did before, I would stay here again, otherwise I'd look elsewhere.

Daughters Birthday Party 3-12-2005

I rented the Crown Suite at the Radisson for my daughters 14th birthday sleep over part.
The staff surprised me by setting up the six rollaways I requested and also leaving a robe, toiletries and washclothes on each rollaway for each girl.
I asked the restaurant for a small cake and they surprised me with an unbelievable hand made icecream cake(if I could include the pictures I would).
The real story is this hotel is historic and they go beyond normal guest service regularly to make a stay memorable.
My daughters friends are still raving about the sleepover and many parents have asked me for the contact I used to arrange it.

please note: I stayed at this hotel before(during a power outtage) and each time the staff performed admirably

A Class Act

Not worth anything to stay here

by TripAdvisor Member capecodder16

I checked into the Radisson this past Friday, to stay 1 night for a business conference. upon arrival I was greeted by a monotone, desk clerk who didnt even look me in the eye. She certainly did not want to be there or make anyone feel welcome. I got to my room on the 18th floor (#1804) and found it to be tiny. The smallest room other than this one was when I once stayed at the Hudson Hotel in NYC but at least that was clean, upper class. This room was tiny, old furniture (70's) and bedspread with white shets with brown stains faded on them. The bathroom was tiny but I didnt mind --until I went to flush the toilet. The toilet ran and ran, constantly running water until I flipped open the cover to pull on the chain each time. I hated doing that, as a guest at this hotel (its one thing to do it at home to your own toilets). In the morning I got up to take a shower only to find the COLD water nozzle turned on no water. It was completely broken and it did not work. Unless i wanted to take a scalding hot shower, I could not stay there. I called the fron desk to speak to them and then same girl (Kendra) picked up only to tell me to 'deal with it, we're booked solid' and that she'd send an engineer up. Click. He came up to look and said he had to work at least 2 hours on this to fix it --he couldnt belive this room was sold and felt bad. I had to shower in their cave of a gym in a dark stall which wasn't pleasant.
When I complained to the manager he seemed frazzled as if I was bothering his already busy day. He said , Yah, i heard about your rroom -sorry --we'll give you half off your room, thanks, bye." I coudlnt believe it, I just walked out. Definitelly the worst hotel Ive ever stayed at and Im not fussy...believe me. Please look elsewhere when considering this hotel --it needs better management and a complete renovation.

The Radisson Plaza Lord BaltimoreThe Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore