Renaissance Harborplace Hotel

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Shop till you drop!

I stayed here when I was 13, the Fourth of July in 1996. We had tickets to an Orioles game that day and we decided to make a 2 day, 1 night vacation out of it. The Harborplace hotel is located in the same building as the Gallery Mall...well it's adjacent to the hotel. We ended up watching the fireworks in the lounge area from a window and they were just as spectacular as they would be if we were standing outside watching them. We were allowed to do so by the staff and they were very friendly. I would recommend this to someone who's visiting here for the first time since there's a walkway connecting one of the malls across the street from the Gallery to the Gallery itself, which allows them to get to the Inner Harbor easily than they would if they didn't want to cross the street. I would also recommend this to someone who loves to shop since the Gallery is adjacent to the hotel.

Unique Quality: Great views that look out into Inner Harbor, the hotel is adjacent to the Gallery.

Directions: The hotel is located in the same building that houses the Gallery mall.

More about Renaissance Harborplace Hotel

Renaissance Harborplace Hotel Great for Families

Excellent for families even with young children! Rooms are large enough for a family. Location is awesome! You can definitely walk to almost all area attractions- very short walk to aquarium, Port Discovery, USS Constellation and Science Center. (Walking distance for families means that even a child under 5 can make the walk) and these are just the attractions we had time to see could be others just as close. Connected to the Gallery shopping mall so you have an array of shops and restaurants at your convience. Dozens of restaurants in walking distance including Hard Rock Cafe, Pizzaria Uno and Cheescake Factory. One of the best things is that this hotel has a sky walkway connected to stores and restaurants across the street, so to get to the other side with little children you do not have to cross the street in front of cars just simply walk above them. If the restaurants are crowded, they are close enough to pick up a take out menu, order and take back to your room. Staff was exceptionally friendly and the pool was open until 11pm each night. Would not even try another hotel in Baltimore and would choose this again in a heart beat. Parking is a bit steep at the hotel $21/day but they were upfront about that when reservations were made. Due to its convience to the attractions, it is well worth the money.

This is a great place to shop!

by fa330 about Renaissance Harborplace Hotel

This 4-level mall has a wide variety of shops: women's and men's clothing, music, toys, gifts, candy, and books. Souvenirs with crabs on them!

Perfect Experience

I researched hotels for a good 3 weeks, deciding between the Marriot @ Camden Yards, the Harbor Court and the Renaissance Harborplace. After much speculation I went with the 4 star Renaissance and got a AAA discount. My boyfriend and I stayed during the weekend of the WHFS Festival, and we were thoroughly impressed. We got the amenities we requested and were surprised by the corner room which gave us a beautiful view of the city and tons of space. Very elegant. We had 3 tv's in the room! After a long day, the bed was more than comfortable, very quiet room (we were on the 11th floor), great room service, valet and desk employees went out of their way to help us. Although it was only for a night, it was everything we could have asked for and more. We'll definitely stay here again if we are in Baltimore.

The best view in town

by TripAdvisor Member Ron_Bartizek

If your visit to Baltimore revolves around the Inner Harbor, this is the place to stay. Right across the street from Harborplace, with its own below-ground parking and a mall attached, the location could not be better. Get an upper floor room with harbor view and you'll be looking out at the water and boats. You can easily walk to all the attractions, such as the aquarium, Power Plant etc. Our room was good-sized, not mammoth, but clean, well-equipped and comfortable. Front desk, room service and concierge service was prompt and courteous. (We are Marriott Rewards members, and that seems to carry some weight.) The restaurant was very good, too, although hotel priced. City Lights, with great food at fair prices, is right across the street. Note if you are going to Johns Hopkins for medical care: this hotel and most others have a JH rate, usually equal to their lowest available rate. It's worth asking. Will definitely stay here next trip.

Wow!

This was our first trip back to Baltimore in about 12 years. This hotel was fabulous! The rooms were large, comfortable and very clean. The resturant was very nice. The breakfast buffet included omlets or waffles made to request by a chef. Service was excellent and the shops connected to the hotel were an added plus. I could shop and not even go outside. It is a short walk to the Convention Center and close to lots of great resturants. I will stay there from now on when I return to the Inner Harbor!

Great location and great hotel

This hotel is perfectly situated near shops, restaurants and attractions around the harbor. Then hotel itself is very nice, with good sized rooms that are well equipped. There are several good dining options in the hotel as well, although there is so much nearby you will likely want to venture out.

Comfortable!

by TripAdvisor Member quilt00

My friend and I traveled to Baltimore on a whim. We had a cell phone and a USA guidebook, which had a number for the hotel. We called the Renaissance on our way into the city, and they had a room for us at $89 a night. What a deal!

The room was huge, the beds were unbelievably comfortable and the location was perfect.

We splurged the next mornng and paid for the hotel brunch -- I think it was about $15/person. Food was pretty good, but I doubt I would pay for it again, if I ever stayed there again.

Comments