Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel

101 West Fayette Street, (formerly Wyndham Inner Harbor), Baltimore, Maryland, 21201, United States

Baltimore Harbor Hotel
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 20% less but rated 14% lower than other 3 star hotels

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Handy Hotel near the Inner Harbor

This high-rise Sheraton (formerly the Wyndham Inner Harbor) hotel can be a reasonably-priced alternative to the more famous (and expensive) Sheraton Inner Harbor a few blocks away. While it isn't located in the nicest area of Baltimore, the hotel is a 10-minute walk from the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards and offers all the amenities you would expect from a business-class hotel. While the rack rate is about $450 per night, prices are very soft and you can almost always get very steep discounts. We booked in advance on the Starwood website and pre-paid, which netted us a very nice double room for $135 per night.

The room itself was very spacious and comfortable, with a king-size bed and wide-screen TV. Service was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is available on the ground floor, but rather pricey ($15 and up). Budget breakfast alternatives abound within a few blocks, however (e.g., McDonald's, Dunkin' Donuts, Caribou Coffee).

Cautions for the hard-to-please: Samantha Brown would not approve of the plain tile bathroom and shower. Also, this place is right downtown, so be prepared for some street noise (we live in New York, so no problem for us).

Unique Quality: - Full-Service hotel in Downtown Baltimore
    - Within walking distance of Camden Yards and the Inner Harbor

Directions: About 4 blocks north of the Inner Harbor between N. Liberty St and S. Hanover St. From the Baltimore St Light Rail station, walk 1 block east on Baltimore St, then go left (north) 2 blocks on N. Liberty St. Hotel will be on your right.

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Nice and affordable

I recently stayed at the Wyndham in Balitmores Inner Harbor and was very pleased with my stay. The room was affordable when compared to the nearby Marriot, and the staff was very friendly and attentive. The Wyndham By Request program had a beer waiting for me in the room. The room was also a panoramic view of Baltimore, making my weekend stay a very relaxing one!

Unique Quality: This place is off the harbor just a bit, they have a very easy valet system out front, with no troubles to be shuttled to an Orioles game or to the convention center.

• While in Baltimore, I was...

While in Baltimore, I was staying in the Wyndham, Baltimore Inner Harbour. What I liked about the Wyndham was their corporate rate and their central location. What I didn't like about the Wyndham, like most of Baltimore, was their quality of service - low.
    $149.00 US per night was my corporate rate.

Unique Quality: The Wyndham had numerous physical aspects going for it:

1. It has a modern exercise room. Lots of nice, new equipment.

2. It has free high speed internet access for their Wyndham byRequest members.

3. The Wyndham byRequest system sets up the room the way you like it.

4. The lcation was central to all of the major tourist attractions so that a good pair of shoes and some water is all you will need to visit the sites.

• acemj's Profile Photo

There are plenty of hotels...

There are plenty of hotels right along the Inner Harbor, but I noticed the prices here aren't cheap. We stayed at the Wyndham Inner Harbor, which has a good location on Fayette Street, a parking deck, a restaurant and decent rooms and overall service.

More about Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel

Don't stay here!

by TripAdvisor Member oneunhappycamper

This had to be the worst hotel experience we have ever had. First of all, our reservations for a King room was changed to a double room. The room was nasty. Hair in the bathtub and sink, unidentifiable substance on all of the furniture, carpet wasn't even attached to the floor and the wallpaper was peeling off of the walls. Friends of ours staying there this same week also got changed from a king to a double room in which had no furniture except a bed, but immediately got moved. After complaining several times and a night later, we finally got moved to a king room. The king room was much nicer, however, in the move, our reservations "got lost" and the staff tried to kick us out of our room every morning for the duration of our stay. (4 days) Housekeeping insisted on cleaning our room even with a "do not disturb" sign on the door. One morning, housekeeping just let herself in without even knocking. The hotel front desk clerk called and said that we must check out because we haven't paid for another night and that I must do this "right now" even though our reservations were paid in advance. When complaining to the front desk, we were told "we'll tell a manager and sorry for the mix up." They didn't even try to make things right. Again, the next morning, housekeeping insisted on coming in. They were loud and very noisy while cleaning adjoining rooms. Rooms are definately not soundproof!!! The staff in the hotel were unaware of locations of the vending machines.
Upon checkout, and complaining once again, they were unconcerned about how unhappy we were and just brushed off because there were other guests checking in or out.
Overall, our stay in the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel was terrible!! All I can say is at least we had somewhere to lay our head.

Old Property - Still Looking For Positivies!

by TripAdvisor Member CHEJUS

I attended a business conference recently at this hotel in Baltimore.
I checked in at 10AM and my room was not ready (did not request early check in) so they gave me a huge suite in the 27th floor. I guess that my STARWOOD GOLD card had something to do with it.
The hotel is divided into South and North tower. The suite was in the south tower, elevators are VERY far away from reception, rather old and only 2 of 3 work. The wait for elevators is quite large compared to other hotels. The room is HUGE, although outdated and maintenance is quite low. Bathroom VERY small and toiletries limited to shampoo, conditioner, a regular soap and lotion. A regular 21" TV, a round table, quite empty for such a large room. The bed was quite nice, I believe larger than a king-size, but huge. The view of the city very nice....but that does not add much (in my opinion).
The hotel in general looks very old and outdated and it seems to have been forgotten by Sheraton. I hear that the North Tower is quite different but did not have the chance to look at it.
Breakfast? No expresso, just a limited selection of food, i´d say 2/5.
Pros:
- People at reception, courtful and helpful, as well as the concierge
- View from my room in the 27th floor.
- Large and comfy bed
Cons:
- South Tower is way old and maintenance shows everywhere
- I was given a suite in the 27th VERY old and not so clean.

In summary: Sheraton has forgotten this hotel.
Avoid if you can, there are plenty of other hotels nearby to choose from.

So disapointed

by TripAdvisor Member nodrama

My husband and I choose the Sheridan hotel on the Inner Harbour in Baltimore Maryland to celebrate our anniversary. I called the hotel to inform them that we would be arriving late and I was told that reservations would be held until 2am. When we arrived to the hotel we were told that the only room available was a handicap accessible room. Although not what I expected to hear, we were tired and planned to stay only the one night. At worst, I expected the room to have bars in the bathroom to assist with bathing and larger space for wheel chairs or walkers.

To my surprise, the room dirty and the furniture looked like it was retrieved from a yard sale. The carpet was discolored, the bathroom floor had circles of dried dirty water stains, the bathtub was visually dirty and the tub was scraped and worn. The bathroom doors were scuffed and the walls were peeling. The sleeping area had what appear to be mold on the wall. The furniture was missing drawer handles and was terribly scratched. And even better, we received a note under the door from management that there would be no hot water for bathing.

I reported all of this in writing to the front desk clerk and although she was very polite, I doubt if any of my complaints were forwarded on to management.

This property needs a complete overhaul. The Baltimore inner Harbour has so much to offer it's a shame that this hotel put a damper on our visit. Dont look for ambiance at this hotel.

In a word -- Awful

by TripAdvisor Member paperbag41

Stayed here 3 nights last week for a trade show at the Convention Center. Was previously here a year ago when this was a Wyndham (and was fairly underwhelmed then) -- but understood they were going to be making some significant upgrades so I figured I'd give it a shot. Well here's what I went through in just 3 days -- no Internet service in my room at any time (worker advised that many rooms were down), the pool was closed for the week (for maintenance of some sort), and construction directly across the street started with jackhammers and stonecutting at 6:15 AM with the soundproofing in my room so poor I kept having to check to see if a window was open because it sure seemed like it HAD to be. And here's more, I had to cross a PICKET LINE of about 25-30 protesting workers from their union to get back to my hotel Thursday Night. The picketers warned people as they crossed the line not to drink water out of the glasses because they didn't clean them very well that day. You could hear their chants outside my room for the next hour loud and clear as I'm sipping on my bottled water. Picking up my car out of valet as I checked out took a full 30 minutes. Also, one woman co-worker had a guy who claimed to be a worker used a key to enter her room at 12:30 AM on our second night there. She had the top bar lock bar on which stopped him and yelled "what's going on?", whereby the guy said he meant to be in the North Tower as opposed to South and quickly left. She notified the front desk the next morning and they expressed zero concern. I'm sorry -- a guy claiming to be a worker attempted to blast into her room with a working key in the middle of the night -- this deserved more than just a nod at the front desk with a "we'll let the manager know." Having a hard time thinking of anything nice to say about this place other than we did have a very nice dinner at Shula's -- my advice -- eat there -- but stay the hell away from this place.

Not that Bad

by TripAdvisor Member jill1349

Booked this for July 3 stay on Priceline for $70. After reading the reviews was expecting the worse but hotel is not that bad. We were in one of the upgraded rooms - small but nicely done and everything new and clean. Nice towels, lotions, TV, etc.

However, prior reviews are right in that walls are very thin and you can hear noise in the hall. We were there on holiday but guessing if you had room close to where they are doing the remodeling of the South Tower may be noisy.

Location of hotel is like a lot of big cities. If you go out of hotel and turn left the area is not that good - not bad but not good. But if you turn right and start walking to inner harbor is nice area. Hotel is within walking distance of inner harbor, Fells Point, and Little Italy so for the price I would recommend it for weekend stay. If planning to go during the week when it will be busy would still be okay if you are not overly sensitive to noise because you may hear some in the room.

Comments