Sheraton Inner Harbor

Booking.com Sheraton.com Orbitz.com

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, 300 Charles St

The loation was very convenient. It is 1 block from Inner Harbor 3 blocks from Campden Oriole Park and 5 blocks from M&T Bank Stadium. Many museums and malls are in walking distance as well.
    The beds are comfortable, room richly decorated, and the whole entire place was extremely clean.
    There is 24 hour security.

Unique Quality: I had a nice city view from my window. The pool and gym were very small. Parking is expensive.

Directions: Inner Harbour

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

A Room with a View (and baseball tickets)

Just about everyone knows what a Sheraton is like: a swanky, high-rise hotel, with swanky rooms at swanky prices. In the case of the Sheraton Inner Harbor, though, they have one extra bonus: a guest package that comes with baseball tickets included. Sara discovered this offer and immediately went into action arranging a Baltimore getaway the weekend the Red Sox were in town.

The room was just what you would expect: spacious and comfy, even including a fancy HDTV to watch your pay-per-view movies on. Our room even had a view of the Inner Harbor. Breakfast is extra ($13), but is an amazing buffet and omelet bar, with unlimited juice and coffee included.

There were some negative parts to the stay. First, our check-in was a bit odd, with the clerk first telling us we couldn't check in until after the ball game (!). Fortunately, we went to another clerk who managed to check us in. The tickets we were promised were "along the third base line." While this was literally true (and, to be fair, we were very close to the field), it turned out we were about 10 feet from the left field foul pole. While we were charged only $25 per ticket instead of the expected $50, we still felt like we had been dealt a bit of a bait-and-switch. The walls of the room were surprisingly thin -- so much so we could hear our neighbors shuffling their cards while they were playing bridge. Finally, there was some luggage snafu, with a security guard pounding on our door at 12:30 AM asking if we had found any luggage in the room. No, we hadn't.

All in all, despite all of the above, I'll give the hotel the benefit of the doubt and say I was satisfied. Let's hope they can get a bit better organized in the future, though.

Unique Quality: - Luxury hotel right downtown
    - Some rooms with Inner Harbor views
    - Walking distance to Camden Yards and Ravens Stadium
    - Baseball tickets included in some packages

Directions: From Camden Yards, walk down West Conway Street until you get to South Charles Street. Hotel will be on your left.

• bliss7's Profile Photo

Good hotel, great location!

I stayed at the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel for 3 nights in November 2005. I've been in better hotels, but this was not bad. My only complaints were that my window did not open, not even a crack. For a smoking room, this is not desirable!! Also, I would have liked a minibar. The interior of the hotel was a little shabby, it can use some upkeep, but that is a purely superficial complaint.

This hotel does have one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in - actually, maybe the most comfortable bed ever!

The Oriole's Grille is a good restaurant, although the bar is not a happening place at night. They had a cool bartender but no music at all, and CNN was on TV, on silent. Kind of boring!
    Morton's Steakhouse has some delicious food. It is pretty expensive but those steaks are fantastic!

The hotel has a great location at the Inner Harbor, and my room view, 11th floor facing the harbor, was absolutely gorgeous~!

Unique Quality: The view from my room was beautiful, especially at night when the harbor is lit up. I was on the 11th floor, facing the harbor, so I could see a lot. Lower floors might not be able to see as much, with the Hyatt blocking their view, but the smoking rooms have a great view!

Also, the beds were the best. Incredibly comfortable.

Directions: On the western "bank" of the Inner Harbor, 2 blocks east of Camden Yards. Less than 5 minute walk to the harbor.

More about Sheraton Inner Harbor

Nice Hotel that tried very hard

I stayed at the Sheraton Inner Harbor for a business trip in April and based on the reviews had lowered expectations. I was very happy with my room and found that the price was decent (for that area, and I was able to get a AAA discount as well as book in advance when they were running a special). There were a couple of bumps - the fact that their pool and sauna area is locked off even from guests and when I called the front desk to ask for someone to open the door it took well over 20 minutes and the range of their wireless internet was absolutely horrible - despite paying 9.95 a day for the service I would get routinely disconnected.

The good things about the hotel is that the staff were obviously trying very hard and were very friendly. When I complained about my leaky faucet and bad internet service I was given quite a bit of Starwood points along with an immediate apology. All in all I would stay at the hotel again.

Can't beat the location

by TripAdvisor Member S0CalTraveler

Stayed at this hotel for three days during a conference and loved the location in downtown Baltimore. Camden Yards to your right and Baltimore's Inner Harbor to your left. Lots of recreational options to keep you out of the hotel. When you are inside, there seemed to be the usual amenities. No complaints.

Decent breakfast buffet at The Capitol Grille on the second floor. Waitstaff was excellent both mornings. Front desk staff also helpful and courteous. It's definitely an older hotel, and I don't recommend straying too far from the tourist sites at night for safety's sake.

Self-parking, for this being a big city, was reasonable -- $18 a night. Be sure to get your ticket stamped before you leave or you pay twice -- and more the second time. I had to hit the road and was grateful to learn I-95 was so close.

Overall, worth the price if you love the sites.

Not Bad and a Good Location

by TripAdvisor Member timman19

This hotel is great if you are in town for a football or baseball games as it is within walking distance to both stadiums. It is also close to the harbor as well where there are plenty of bars and places to eat.

The hotel itself is okay. It could use some work especially in the lobby and other common areas but it was kept clean. The rooms were better. There are two restaraunts here an Orioles Bar and a Morton's Steakhouse. Morton's is excellent. There is also an overpriced gift shop who tried to charge my wife $10 for a disposable camera that are $6 anywhere else.

The staff here is generally friendly but the people at the front desk seemed a bit disgruntled. The people at valet parking were nicer.

The area itself is nice but quiet. On a Sunday morning, there were not many people around so keep up your guard as it will be obvious to anyone that you are from out of town. There is a parking garage there for the hotel guests and the general public as well. Be wary here as it looks like a great place for trouble.

I had a near fight on my hands when I checked out. The bill placed under my door had a meal charge for $120 that I didn't make. A lady at the desk tried to say that it was the room charge but this was not possible as I pre-paid and the rate was higher. After threatening to call her supervisor if she did not look into it, she finally did and admitted that it was a room charge that must have been made in error. She claimed that she took care of it but did not and I had to call Sheraton to get it rectified.

Overall, not a bad stay here but I've had better.

Outdated rooms.

by TripAdvisor Member Growingfamily

Stayed here for a conference in Mid-Oct of 2005. Found my room to be tired and outdated. Bathroom needed considerable updating. If you don't mind flourescent lighting in the bathroom, then this hotel is for you! Beds were comfortable. Service was good. Just don't expect a newly remodelled room - or you'll be a little disappointed.

Inner Harbour

by TripAdvisor Member MEGADAN

Stayed at the Sheraton Inner Harbour for two days, Dec 30th and New Years Eve. I was really worried about the negative posts but was plesantly surprised. Although the hotel could benefit from updating it is a well kept hotel in a wonderful location. The front desk staff was wonderful. They went out of their way to help us find a harborview room with the best view for the Midnight fireworks.The front desk manager volunteered to show us different rooms and allowed us to pick our favorite.
The room itself was comfortable but not luxurious. The Perfect Sleeper bed was wonderful, the bathroom did need upgrading but it wasn't awful. The refrigerator did not work during our stay but we didn't bother to report it.
Breakfast at the Orioles Grill was good both days, a la carte and buffet on New Yrs day. Mortons was unforgetable on New Year's Eve..
Over-all it was great stay. We would return.

Comments