100 Heron Boulevard at Route 50, Cambridge, Maryland, 21613, United States

amextravel.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• FrayedChick's Profile Photo

Best Hotel Possible in Cambridge

This is a grand hyatt hotel, resort and spa. The rooms are great at this hotel has just about any amenity, service and facility you could want. The only downside is the price which will leave your wallet a lot lighter. Last i checked, rooms were a couple hundred a night!

Unique Quality: The view is outstanding, overlooking the choptank river and bridge. The hyatt had its own little beach area built in. Theres an indoor pool, an outdoor pool, a hot tub that goes from indoor to outdoor and a spa. Theres a neat mini-golf course, a gym, a game room, a shopping area, a starbucks (gasp! they're everywhere) 2 restuarants and bar. Meeting/Convention rooms and more.

Directions: right on Rt 50 across from the WAL MART

More about Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina

Hyatt Chesapeake is Relaxation and Bliss!

by TripAdvisor Member jmwillia

My fiance and I visited the Hyatt back in May for a site visit. My company has a corporate event booked here in September. We had a lovely time and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. We were so relaxed!

We were so impressed with the level of service. From the bell stand, front desk, housekeeping, restaurants and sales, the service was impeccable. The staff was extremely friendly and down to earth. Some resorts I've visited, you get a snooty feel, even by the staff, but not here! We were very comfortable.

We are from Northern Virginia and once you get over the bay bridge, it just calms us down from the hustle and bussle. The resort was just gorgeous. From the view of the bay, to the spectacular pools, game room, meeting space, outdoor venues and restaurants. What a great little escape!

We were so happy with our visit that we are having our wedding here in April of 2005. It is just now confirmed. We are so excited! What a nice place!!

Good Experience

Just came back from three nights at the Hyatt Chesapeake Bay from June 24-27, 2004. Stayed with family (including children 2, 2 & 4 yrs old) in 4 rooms. Based on the mixed reviews of this property, didn't know what to expect ... and was pleasantly surprised. I would say this resort rates a 5 for families with children and a 3 for couples with no children. You're not going to get 5-star service. The place is big and very busy, so you may have to wait for poolside service. But, we appreciated that all the staff tried hard, and we found them all to be extremely friendly. If you want 5-star service, this is not the hotel for you. Yes, there is a Wal-Mart across the street from the front entrance. Someone commented on this as a negative. To us, it was great. We went every day to load up on water, snacks, swimming toys, and everything else we forgot to pack. And the Wal-Mart is separated from the hotel by a golf course and a lot of landscaping, so once you're on the property, you can't see the Wal-Mart, or anything else besides the gorgeous scenery. There are a lot of activities for kids ... beach, boating, fishing, swimming, water-slide, etc. Food in the main dining room was average for breakfast and lunch, and excellent for dinner. One minor beef and a larger complaint ... they advertise the Smores by the fireplace as a hotel event, but you actually have to buy Smores "packets" for $5 each! Also, on weekends, they "reserve" areas of the pools for special functions -- such as weddings -- and close it off to hotel guests. When you're paying $300 a night, you don't expect to be kicked off the lounge chairs at 4:00pm. Other than that, we had great weather, enjoyed our experience fully and would definitely come back.

Utterly exceeded our already high expectations!

I just returned from a magical weekend at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay, and I cannot sing its praises enough! The occasion of our visit was the wedding of our oldest daughter! Together with her and her fiance' we had chosen the Hyatt over a year ago for this major life event. During the course of the year of wedding planning, I have been reading the mixed reviews of the Hyatt and just waiting to see how our weekend would evolve. We actually visited the Hyatt four times during the year for planning sessions, but we had not really used the hotel beyond that. Therefore, the reviews were of great interest to us.
All I have to say at this point is that I simply cannot understand any of the complaints...nor can any of the approximately 110 friends and family members who also spent the entire wedding weekend with us at the Hyatt. I heard not one complaint, not one grumble, not one word of anything less than the highest praise. With the exception of two marginally helpful Concierge desk attendants (balanced by two excellent Concierge attendants, I might add), our experience was fantastic. The wedding planner, Mike James, was absolutely amazing! Every detail was done to perfection, and the entire wedding came off like a dream come true. From the friendly and helpful service given to all in attendance all weekend to my new son-in-law's pre-wedding golf tournament to the outdoor ceremony on the Manor Lawn to the cocktail hour on the Chesapeake Terrace to the seated dinner in the Choptank Ballroom and the partying that went on until after 1 AM, all was flawless! My daughter and new son-in-law were thrilled beyond words, and there was nothing that any of us would have done differently. They loved the Bridal Suite that was theirs for the weekend, and the spaciousness of that area allowed ample room for six bridesmaids, the bride, and the mother of the bride to comfortably get ready without being in each other's way, and then it allowed for a memorable post-reception party for the newlyweds and all of their most special friends. The view was gorgeous, and every need was anticipated. They are already planning to return to celebrate their 1st anniversary and enjoy a relaxing Labor Day weekend 2005 enjoying all the activities that they simply could not participate in this year! For those who have ever had an unfortunate experience at this hotel, I am sorry. To our family it is simply an exceptional place to celebrate, relax, enjoy the surroundings, and share wonderful memories with family and friends!

Fire the Manager!

We were excited about going to the eastern shore for our anniversary and thought it would be a nice getaway. We were drawn by the location and the indoor pool so our young son could swim during March, however I wanted to enjoy the spa and a sauna but found out that the sauna was out of order...?? The restaurant was overpriced and the food and wait staff were less than desirable and there are no decent restaurants in the immediate area, we had to travel about 30 minutes to find a good place for dinner the second night. The room was comfortable and we were upgraded because the hotel did not have a full size crib for our son. We would revisit in the future but only by boat when the marina opens to take advantage of the spa and we'll take our own food. There were 2 major corporate conventions going on at the time we were there and we found it hard to believe that the food and service were lacking.

Not Up To Par

Rented 4 rooms for 3 nights for my son's wedding. His room wasn't ready at 4:30 so they put him on the 6th floor. The rest of us were together on ground floor overlooking the water. Nice view. The physical facility is very nice but the parking is not convenient for guests. Be prepared to walk and pray that it's not raining. Here were the major irritants: Maid service never left fresh washcloths 2nd or 3rd night, no towels 2nd night. Not one piece of stationery or pen in room. No screen on sliding door so if you wanted a breeze you also got the bugs. We were supposed to get $100 flight vouchers for each room but they ran out. Who knows when they will be mailed to us. When we returned at midnight from 8 hr off-site wedding we found our room door left open by maid staff who had replaced our missing washcloths. They turned the dead bolt to keep door from closing behind them and forgot to undo when they left. Fortunately for the hotel nothing was stolen. And now the worst: My son had reserved the bridal suite months before and had checked it just days before the wedding. Imagine my surprise (and disgust) when we returned from reception to see our son and new bride at the front desk, still in their tux and wedding gown, trying to understand how the hotel had given up the suite to someone else!! Not much apparent sympathy either from the other side of the desk and no other rooms available. My son's room was still on my tab so they stayed there. Luckily they didn't have to spend their night between his parent's and sibling's rooms because of the earlier problem at check in! This place has some major problems with the operations of the facility and I would recommend you wait until they get the kinks out before staying here.

Very nice overnight stay

We stayed here via the Chesapeake Bay package for a nice overnight get away. The room was very nice and overlooked the river and pool. The grounds were nice and the pool area was wonderful. Since it was a Monday we did not have much of a choice for dinner so we decided to eat on site. The food was good, yes a bit pricey but not overly so and the quality was very good. You may save a few $ going else where but not much. We had very good service, but my wife and I chuckled that for being so emply the wait staff was consistanly buzzing around the dining room. Hyatt must have written the book on how to be perserved as busy, we also had a 15 minute wait to be seated although the dining room again only had approx 8 tables full....again there is that percieved as busy.
Overall a great stay. The place is between a resort and a very nice hotel. Its not exactly a resort nor did we expect to be.

Beautiful resort with a lot to offer!

We spent a week at the resort and loved every minute of it. The three pools are great and each offer a different atmosphere. The "quiet" pool has an infinity edge and a full time waiter/waitress service for the bar and grille. The other two pools were both oriented more for kids, with one having a waterslide and the other indoor with a basketball hoop. We golfed one day on the resort course and it was the nicest course I've ever played on. We also were pleasantly surprised to receive a rain check for a free 9 holes since it rained during our last two holes, even though we finished the full round. THAT is awesome! The restaurants all had excellent food and a nice menu with a mix of seafood and steaks, including salads, chicken and an excellent wine list. For those who want a night life, there is the main "lobby" bar which has a great atmosphere, live music, and large leather chairs and couches. This place was packed each and every night. During the weekend they also had outdoor bar stations which were very nice. There is also night life at the "off-site" restaurant just minutes walking distance from the main hotel. It is part of the resort, just in a separate building. It has a great menu, seafood raw bar and steaks/chicken and also live music. The resort also has a sand volleyball court, a miniature golf course, a huge gym, ping pong tables, pool tables and tennis/basketball for the active types/kids.

Overall, we had an awesome stay at this resort. Best of all, its less than 2 hours drive door to door.. only about 30 minutes past the bay bridge. If you're looking to get away to a luxury resort with lots to offer, with kids or without, but don't want to fly or travel too far, then this is the place for you.

A Nice Stay, but.....

by TripAdvisor Member emfdvm

We recently stayed at the Hyatt in Cambridge, MD for one night after staying in NYC for the weekend. While it was nice enough, it certainly isn't in the league of the Greenbriar or other such resorts.

My young children (4 & 6) loved the the pools and the waterslide. I liked that they had lifeguards attending all the pools. While towels were free at the pool, it seemed like they liked to charge for everything else, which is rather annoying at such a high-priced hotel. I did not have a chance to try out the spa, but that is certainly a nice feature as well.

We ate dinner at the casual restaurant and found the food of decent quality for a slightly elevated price. They had a kids menu and crayons which was helpful.

The front desk seemed a little spacey. Our package included a picnic basket with a bottle of wine and tickets to the nearby Blackwater National
Wildlife Refuge. We had to ask for it 3 times before it was delivered and it was not like the nice one shown in the ad that inspired our stay.

There is very little to do outside the resort, which will be a major deterrant to us revisiting this hotel. The only restaurants in town appeared to be fast food chains, and the downtown area is not quite as charming as the promotional literature would have you believe.

Overall, it was a nice stay, but not luxurious. I think Hyatt can do better.

the best of times, the worst of times

We just returned home from a weekend visit to the Hyatt. The picture perfect weather helped to make an enjoyable stay, but this Hyatt has a lot of room for improvement. Despite the published check-in time of 3:00, the sullen reception staff made us feel like we were wrong to show up before 4:00 (we arrived at 3:15). Our phone reservationist had described our adjoining rooms as "very spacious," but they were clearly standard sized--i.e., nice, but not exceptional. On a positive note, the resort has a lot to offer children; in addition to the 3 nicely sized pools, there were numerous activities (such as making s'mores or "diving for tokens" in the pool) and other things to do (game room, a movie shown at the pool, nature walks). Warned by another tripadvisor contributor that the hotel occasionally closes down access to the pools for receptions and such, I called ahead to ensure that no such closing was scheduled for our visit. I was told, "no, nothing was scheduled," and hence was surprised and dismayed to be asked within an hour of our arrival to leave the pool, as they were setting up for a reception! Our biggest disappointment was the marina and boating area; despite brochures trumpeting a wide array of activities, the little boat station was closed on Friday and Saturday of our visit. The not-eager-to-help concierge reported that it was run by college students and there was nothing they could do to ensure they showed up. I had to wonder why, given this situation, the availablilty of paddle boats, kayaks, and such was featured so prominently on Hyatt materials... Much of the pricing seemed over-the-top, even for a "resort"--i.e., $15.00 to use the steam room (how many people can stay in a steam room for more than 10 or 15 minutes?). To top things off, I inadvertantly left a sweater in our room and, when I called to ask after it through lost and found, the first thing I was asked for was a credit card number for its return. Ironically, my mother recently left an item of clothing at a Hampton Inn and it was returned promptly and free of charge. I hope Hyatt makes some needed changes with this resort.

Comments