25227 Chestertown Road, Chestertown, MD, 21620
Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn
eDreams Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Brampton Bed And Breakfast Inn

Let you in on a secret.....

by TripAdvisor Member kwm0304

The Brampton Inn is the perfect romantic get away. When I began my search for a special place to celebrate a birthday and promotion, I began looking for a romantic B&B not too far from home. When I found the Brampton Inn on the web, I knew I found exactly what I was looking for. Then, my next decision was which room....they all looked wonderful. The attention to detail, first class accommodations, delicious food, and the warm hospitality contributed to a wonderful experience. We have found the perfect romantic B&B at the Brampton Inn. We will return soon.

Another first class weekend!

by TripAdvisor Member aowalter

This was our third visit to Brampton Inn. Each stay seems better than the last. The rooms are elegantly appointed, the hosts always warm & welcoming, and the breakfasts thoroughly satisfying. We've stayed at Brampton in order to explore neighboring towns and attractions - it's always nice to point the car back to the Brampton after a long day away. Danielle & Michael are a class act. Thank you again!

Andreas & Rachel
Ellicott City, MD

The Best Bed and Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member ashmah

My wife and I had a wonderful weekend at the Brampton Inn in Chestertown, MD back in February. It was our first experience staying at a Bed and Breakfast and our only regret is that the Brampton set the bar really high for future "Bed and Breakfast" weekends!

The Inn itself is amazing - if you like older houses with that special character and charm you'll love the Brampton. We had a fireplace in our room that was stocked with firewood and ready to burn. All we had to do was light the match and then sit back an enjoy.

The service was outstanding and the attention to detail was equally impressive. Breakfast was served between 8:30 and 10:00 and couldn't have been any better - if they have them on the menu (as it changes daily) get the blueberry pancakes!

When we mentioned where we were staying as we walked through the many quaint shops in Chestertown, we were told by the locals that we would never find another B&B like the Brampton Inn. We left Sunday feeling relaxed and refreshed and decided that we are now going to try and stay in a B&B a few times a year.

Andrew and Melissa Heeter

The Best B&B I have ever been to!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member BBMaryland

My husband and I love B&B's, and we have been to at least ten over the years. I can honestly say that The Brampton Inn is the nicest one we have ever been to. Our room was beautiful and comfortable, and the service was outstanding! We also really appreciated the sense of privacy at The Brampton...especially the private, individual breakfast tables. Yet, the service from the staff and innkeepers was warm and friendly. This would be a great place for people who are "afraid" of B&B's because they worry that they might have to eat with strangers. The staff at The Brampton really respects your space, but still treats you like an old friend. This is a WONDERFUL place to relax!!

An oasis on MD's eastern shore

by TripAdvisor Member joejackson40

My wife and I are regular guests of the Brampton Inn. Our trips there have consistently won me more "romantic" points than I otherwise deserve.

The inn is set back from a bucolic stretch of rural road, yet it's less than a mile outside Chestertown, MD, a riverside, colonial town with lots of brick sidewalks, Victorian homes and unfailingly friendly locals. Thick hollies separate the inn from the road creating the impression of a quiet, green oasis beyond the reach of rest of the world.

The property is always exquisitely maintained and appointed. The attentive, professional and courteous staff is clearly focused on maintaining the visitors' comfort. They even lay in a fire in each room which guests can ignite with a single match on cold evenings. All of the amenities -- linens, robes, toiletries, even the selection of periodicals in the rooms -- distinguish the Brampton as first-rate.

Then there's the food; the made-to-order breakfasts are hearty and deftly produced. In addition to the breakfast entree, the meals always include a seasonal fruit course and juice as well as biscuits or scones -- always warm from the oven.

The lure of afternoon tea at the Brampton has frequently provided enough incentive for us to cut short other plans so as to return while it's being served. If we miss it, however, the leftover sweets are available after hours with fresh coffee and tea in the main house.

Chestertown and the surrounding countryside are wonderful to explore; there are ample choices for dining, shopping, biking, kayaking/canoeing, etc. There are more good restaurants in the area than a town of this size should be able to boast. Of more interest to us is the very active and vibrant arts community -- it's a college town, after all -- with more than ample display space in perhaps 6 galleries. Again, this is very unusual for a town of this size in our experience. There's also a beautiful old Prince theater that's been converted to a stage, and when we're down in February, we always make sure to take in the winter theatrical production put on by a local boarding school.

So...clearly we're enamored of the place. Two cautions: don't try to book "our" room for Valentine's Day; we're already way ahead of you. Also, don't allow "Slipper" into the house during your visit. He's the inn's cat and is supposed to stay outside.

Lovely Place!

by TripAdvisor Member washingtondcfan

This is an excellent bed and breakfast! The staff is welcoming, the house is beautiful, and the breakfast is quite good. In addition, they have an abundance of goodies: homemade cookies, candy, bags of microwave popcorn, biscotti, tea and cookies in the afternon, wine and beer and sodas in the frig, etc. Our room also had a lovely fireplace with an excellent fire already laid (extra firewood as well). Expensive, but very nice.

A Fabulous Birthday Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member FairfaxFairfax

We stayed here for our very first weekend away, which was my fiance's birthday. It was a beautiful property and the owners were very nice. Very clean and well maintained, breakfast was wonderful.

Our 8th Anniversary Celebration

by TripAdvisor Member uracm

When using a work to describe this inn romantic is definitely one of them! My husband and I have stayed in numerous B & B. We really enjoyed our stay. Our room (Sunset Cottage) was comfortable.

Elegant, quiet, romantic

by TripAdvisor Member Needserene

Going to the Brampton is like going home for a holiday to a beloved, old family home, but with serenity that home never had. The grace, the charm, the history reach out as one drives up the driveway. My spirit sighs and relaxes. Everyone is welcomed upon arrival whether you have been coming to the Brampton, like us, for eighteen years, or this is your first visit.

The main floor—the public area—is bright and elegant. In the living room a wall of books calls one to “Choose me!” and sit down for a pleasant period of reading. Cookies, coffee and tea beckon from a more casual sitting area. Between 4 and 5 tea is presented in the dining room: sweet and savory goodies to delight a travel-weary visitor.

The large bedrooms have lovely wooden furniture, wood floors and carpets, and the wonderful complements of fireplaces and large bathrooms. When I walk into a bedroom and close the door, I am in my own romantic fantasy.

My mother-in-law used to threaten, in times of stress, to run away to Girls’ Town. For me, I choose Brampton. Quiet, elegant, serene and welcoming.

Recommend the Brampton in Chestertown MD

by TripAdvisor Member michaelswife

Our daughter recently married in Chestertown MD. We are residents of Florida. We stayed at the Brampton for five nights. We rented four suites. Two of which were the Sunrise and Sunset Cottages. These were the gathering spot for all the brides' attendants and the bride to prepare for the wedding. It was a wonderful experience. The staff at the Brampton could not have been more helpful and patient with all the "happenings". Because many of our friends traveled to the wedding and stayed in various B&Bs around the area, we had many reviews from them on the facilities and I must say that the Brampton outranked all others. This is a wonderful spot, beautifully located, wonderful breakfasts and afternoon teas. Everythin about it is just top notch. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a wonderful get away weekend or a longer stay. Chestertown is a wonderful little place located on the Chester River in scenic Maryland.

Comments