Ellicott City Hotels

Our Members Say

• etfromnc profile photo etfromnc
  • Reviews: 621

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Forest Motel: Forest Motel

Hotels and motels in the Baltimore area are very expensive. The Forest Motel is one of the area's oldest, built in 1958, and in some ways that is very obvious but if you need to save a few bucks, this might be the place for you. It would not surprise me to find out that this was once the Forest Motor Hotel because it is one of those one-story facilities where all of the rooms face a semi-circular drive.

The Forest Motel will not overwhelm you and very picky travelers may totally dislike it but it is clean with all of the necessities, BUT no frills.

There is a pool but the best thing about this place, along with the relatively decent pricing, is that the best soft-serve ice cream parlor in the Baltimore area is at the front of the motel. It is only open in warm weather but you will usually be able to tell if it is open because when it is there is almost always a line. The Forest Diner is also in the same rectangular area but the two establishments are not owned by the same people. There are also shopping centers across the street and next door to the Forest Motel with other places to eat.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 18, 2006

• jc2000 profile photo jc2000
  • Reviews: 31

I haven't really been to any...

I haven't really been to any inns, hotels, etc. in Ellicott City since I live here. But I did have to got to an inn (I think named Knights Inn) when there was a hurricane. That was the only time I didn't live in my house.

I spent the night there because to was pretty cheap. There are no swimming pools. But there is a TV. I can't really remember anything else about it. I do know that is safe though.

• Opinion of Price: