Days Inn Glen Burnie

Rank 4 of 4 hotels
in Glen Burnie
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

What a waste of money

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 7, 2011

if there was a half-star choice, this dump would get it. Everything was horrible in this place. Why didn't I read the reviews before reserving a room here? Stupid! The worst thing was the paper-thin walls. Apparently FEMA had placed 60 workers that were repairing electrical grids damaged from hurricane Irene in the area in the hotel. When I checked in, I was informed the rooms were no smoking with a $250 fine. Apparently, every single worker was a smoker, because almost every one of them were standing outside their rooms smoking while we tried to get through with our luggage. I was there for 3 nights. The first morning I was awakened at 5am by the workers' supervisor banging on every door in the complex, yelling for everyone to get up and go to work! They had 30 rooms, so this went on for a long time! After the door banging stopped, then I had to listen to each person dragging their bags down the stairs outside my room (thump. thump, thump!). This was something I had to deal with all 3 days! I could here the guy in the room directly above ours peeing in the toilet....lovely. The door to the bathroom swung all the way out to the tub, so if I was in the bathroom, I had to either step in the tub or straddle the toilet to open the door. There was some unidentifiable odor in our room, the A/C vent was full of dead bugs, the pool closed at 8pm, the breakfast was awful and unchanged over 3 days. The waffle iron had no directions and no butter or spray, so by the time we dug our waffles out of it, it was a pile of burned crumbs. We couldn't get our WI-FI to work even with the front desk clerk trying to help, the TV was 20 years old and made a loud humming sound when on. To get to the hotel coming from the south, you had to U-turn across 3 lanes of traffic coming off the interstate with no traffic light. That took 10 minutes the first time. Hampton Inn is right across the street with the same rates and wonderful rooms and service, but no swimming pool. Thats why I chose Days Inn, but next time I'll splash in the bathtub at Hampton Inn.

Nearby Days Inn Glen Burnie

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Glen Burnie Travel Forum

Need advice about Glen Burnie, Maryland? Visit the Travel Forum for Glen Burnie and ask our Answer Gurus.

Glen Burnie Travel Guide