Esa Baltimore-Glen Burnie

104 Chesapeake Centre Ct, Glen Burnie, MD, 21061
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Glen Burnie

Enter with cautionEnter with caution

Bob walking in - inset of inside, lobster and cakeBob walking in - inset of inside, lobster and cake

Sign and restaurant from the highwaySign and restaurant from the highway

Travel Tips for Glen Burnie

My home town

by lou933061

Glen Burnie, Maryland is a southern suburb of the city of Baltimore. It is a great place to live and raise children. There are loads of things to do within a very short drive. Love to talk to anyone about one of the greatest places in the world to live.

Watkins Glen,N.Y.,to Niagara Falls,to Altoona,Pa.

by rjosephene

"Watkins Glen, N.Y."

Took a trip to Watkins Glen and enjoyed 1 1/2 days of stuff that I never knew existed. You can walk the glen from bottom to top or top to bottom and we chose the later. You take a bus to the top and the walk down is ever so beautiful. Small little falls trickling through the mountain to make for great photos. So much natural beauty. We saw all of the different falls in the area that I could find on the map. Montour falls-as we were driving,we just spotted them right off of the highway. Taughannock Falls were So beautiful! You could go to the top and see it from that angle and than go to the bottom and see the falls from a totally different angle. Took a short boat ride out on the lake which was very interesting. All these years later and I still recollect the glen and the falls in the area with a smile on my face!

"Niagara Falls-New York and Canada"

I was blessed because before I went on this vacation, I meet several people from the area and they all told me to go the park on the American side of the falls. When I get to this park they said to see all that there is to see and that is all that America has to offer for Niagara Falls. I did this and looked at the Canadian side with two fabulas hotels right on the Niagara River and I said that was where I wanted to stay. The people I had talked to said that after I was done at the park, to go to Canada and enjoy the falls!!!! We got a room in one of the two hotels-I think it was called the Foxes Head. Our room was on the 10th floor and when you opened the curtains to the sliding glass door, the view took your breath away, and there was a little patio to go out on. Out on a street next to the hotel, there were a few blocks of a carnival like atmosphere. The grounds next to the river were emaculantly kept like a beautiful nursery. There were so many things to do, take the boat ride under the falls, take the elevator ride down the side of the falls and look out a port hole at the falls-this I did and I look at the pictures now and at first I wonder why I took pictures of a rain storm, until I realize what it is. There is a tall lookout not too far away and the view from there is awesome!!! Next to our hotel was a building that was a nice shopping center with different stores in it and a bar that played old "Buddy Dean" tapes. I will ALWAYS speak highly of Niagara Falls, Canada. I am a truck driver and since this visit, I have been to Toronto to deliver and pickup and I MUST so that this whole area is so clean that it is unbelievable. I have even picked up at the recycle plant and I was So inpressed on the cleanliness. So, what you see at Niagara Falls is what you can expect throughout Toronto, Canada.

"Altoona, Pa."

I have been here several times and if you are not interested in trains its not going to be in your top 10 places to go. But, if you even think that you like trains-freight trains that is- than you should like it there. There is Horseshoe Curve which is a train buffs paradise and in downtown Altoona there is a HUGE freight yard and a new train museum that is interesting. Just follow anyone with a camera and you will end up at one of the hot train watching spots in Altoona!

Comments