Kent Island Hotels

• Rhondaj profile photo Rhondaj
  • Reviews: 771

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Piney Narrows Yacht Haven: My favorite marina

If your staying by boat, this is my favorite marina. Close to all the restaurants and nightspots. If it's a rainy weekend, you can try to get a slip on a covered dock, and not be stuck in your boat, or in the rain.

I don't know if it's still the same, I haven't been there for years- but the pool was a salt water pool- we thought that was so cool.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Sailing and Boating
  • Written August 18, 2005
Tip Photo

pic taken from Redeye's looking across narrows

• Rhondaj profile photo Rhondaj
  • Reviews: 771

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Holiday Inn Express: Right on the water

Usually we stay on our parents boat. This trip down there were 12 of us--way too many for a 36 foot boat, so some of us stayed down the road a bit in this Holiday Inn Express.

Checking in was a nightmare! I had booked through Travelocity. They had already charged my credit card, but the hotel said they didn't get any payment. We would have to repay and get our money back from Travelocity. I didn't like the sound of that! I had my confirmation in hand and called the Travelocity number. The rep asked to talk to the hotel manager. Long story short- after 45 minutes we were finally allowed in without repaying. Not a pleasant experience...

Clean hotel, friendly staff, pool overlooks the water. A continental breakfast is included with your stay. Decent fare: blueberry muffins, cinnamon buns, cereals, fruit, toast, bagels, english muffins, milk, tea, coffee, juices.

(24 hour coffee--yeah!)

If you tie one on over at Red-Eyes Dockbar, you are within walking distance of the hotel!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Sailing and Boating, Family Travel
  • Written August 18, 2005
Tip Photo

A hazy hot day on the narrows

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful