1739 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, Maryland, 21090, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Not a good experence

Not a good experience and I would not recommend this hotel. After a
    storm I lost power and I had to fly out the next morning. So I thought
    I would stay by the airport and I would have all the amenities that I
    was with out do to the power loss. When I got to the Hilton they
    confirmed they had rooms and I checked in. I went to the room and
    turned on the AC and started to get ready for the 4am flight. After
    about an hour the room was still hot and I called down to the front
    desk to inquire about the AC. They gave me the normal trouble shooting
    speech and told me to call back if it was not working in 10 min. It
    did not work in 10 min so I called back and asked for another room.
    This time the guy that I spoke with said that the AC was not working
    in any of the rooms. Now I was getting upset. "did you know this when
    I checked in an hour or so ago?" sir it has been this was all day. So
    the question is why would a hotel like Hilton allow guests to check in
    when they know full well that they cannot offer the amenities that we
    are expecting. I could have stayed at my house for free and not had
    AC. I tried to work something out with the night manager but she was
    incapable of seeing where I was coming from. I left with a completely
    different view of Hilton and they will now be a last resort in my
    book. All I was looking for was some understanding and maybe a break
    on the room rate considering I was not going to get what I was paying
    for.

Directions: BWI Airport Hotel District

More about Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport

2nd visit hotel still great!

by TripAdvisor Member anuday05

This is my second time staying at this hotel and I loved it so much the first time I single handily convienced 5 other people to book this hotel for a layover on a buisness trip ( which I might add they did, and they loved it) We called the hotel to pick usup from the airport and they arrived within 15 minutes, the bellman was VERY helpful in tagging and carrying our numerous bags and check in was quick. I had a standard king on the highest floor and it was as nice as I remembered. Around 2am there was a slight disturbance from a drunk man in the hallway but when I opened the door security was there taking care of it and it only lasted a couple of minutes. I love HILTON beds and they provide that comfort that is needed after flying a long international flight. If and when I fly through BWI again, i am definitely staying at the Hilton BWI!

Failed on their last chance! Checked out 2 days early

by TripAdvisor Member DamianLittle

This was my 3rd and LAST stay at this Hilton. It is still new, but they lack so much. I emailed the new general manager, before my latest stay, telling him I was giving the Hilton BWI once more chance. I really wanted to like this place. As a Diamond VIP of Hilton I have come to expect the best, as the full service Hilton properties. This place this failed... I was upgraded to the VIP (11th) floor with access to the lounge. So at most every other Hilton I have been to around the world, in these lounges they are open all day with COLD drinks and snacks. This was not open all the time, and they had small bottles of coke was the warm. There was no bottled water to be found. Then during the even hours there was free finger food, nothing was hot... They also have beer and wine on display, open a beer up then I was told that I had to pay for it.. WHAT? This was not a bar set up, but wines and beers sitting out. No sings with prices... What a rip off. The Breakfast in the lounge was limited but nice.. and that food was hot. The room was nice, but for a VIP floor there was no robe or slippers, as it states on the web page. The TV is nice, with real HD stations. The bathroom was small. It was not very clean, in the room, not bad, but just little things that I noticed. Dust, little hairs, and other small things. The hallway had some small paper on the floor for 2 days. The A/C in the room would come on and off, and was loud, and bag as it went on and off. To me it looks like it was a rush job when they built this hotel. The door to the room did not line up and would bang when the air presser in room and hallway would change. I could also hear hallway talking like they were in the room, there was not sound installation. The staff was ok, but still not the best. They did not go out of the way like I expect from a Hilton. After 2 nights I decided to check out. I was told it would be a $50.00 fee for that.. I told they the rate I booked was fully flexible. After a min on hold they said there is no fee. I just checked into the new Weston BWI... If you are looking for a full service Hotel around BWI.. The Weston is very nice... and look for my review soon. I really wanted to like this hotel.. I'm very loyal to Starwood and Hilton.. Hilton lost me in the market! If you are a Hilton fan and looking around BWI there is a nice Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, and others..

Great Hotel, Friendly Staff

by TripAdvisor Member Randall123

We visited Baltimore for a long weekend to see our son and his fiance. I chose to stay near BWI because of an early flight out on Sunday AM. The hotel has a convenient shuttle from BWI.

We arrived after lunch, starving. The shuttle driver and desk staff gave recommendations and even drove us in the shuttle to a nearby restaurant, a service beyond my expectations.

The hotel lobby was a little modern and cold to my taste, but the room was warm, well furnished and very comfortable. The price was right as well.

The hotel is a little aways from the city center, but we enjoyed our stay there. I can recommend this hotel without reservations.

Terrific bed

by TripAdvisor Member Hezekiah

I stayed here a Friday night and was fully satisfied with my experience. Although I agree with another reviewer that the decor is somewhat cold and dreary, this place is great in the respects that really matter to me - quiet, cleanliness, and comfort. The staff were polite and friendly.

Nice Hotel, but Check–In Staff Needs Some Help

by TripAdvisor Member Infaith07

My husband and I just recently stayed at this hotel while passing through Baltimore on business. We stayed in this hotel 8 months ago and had a very positive experience and decided to stay again.

Upon check in we were faced with a very unhappy employee, I think her name was Whitney. Although, we had booked a non-smoking room and signed a rate confirmation sheet which indicated non-smoking she proceeded to place us in a smoking room. After visiting her once again to have the room changed we were placed in a non-smoking room.

The room is nicely appointed and fairly clean. There were a couple hairs in the sink and on the bed sheets. However, the beds are fairly comfortable and the room smelled very clean (always a plus in my book).

I don’t know if I would recommend this hotel and will try a different hotel when we are passing through again on business.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member tablerockin

I usually stay at the Marriott but thought I would give the Hilton a try. I'm glad I did. What a great hotel. The service was outstanding and the room's decor was nice. But what I liked best was how clean the room was. I'll be staying here next time I'm in town.

Missing clothes

by TripAdvisor Member irelandismyfavorite

We booked several rooms for our volleyball teams for the weekend. Unfortunately, a player left several items of clothing in the dresser drawer under the televison in her room. When we notified the hotel, we were told we could come back after check out time and they would hold the clothes there for us. Of course, when we came back later on that afternoon, they said they were unable to find them.

We asked for the manager and instead got the assistant manager, who emerged from a room behind the desk. She was rude and disinterested in the problem. It was 20 minutes before the actual manager came out of the same room and said he would check into it. All this time, a car full of tired girls were kept waiting out front, eager to begin their long drive home.

Several calls to the General Manager were redirected to the Assistant GM, who (after several days) left a voice message saying basically that the clothes were not there and there was nothing he could do. When I called back, he said he could not do anything more and that the GM would tell us the same thing. I am a frequent guest of Hilton's around the world, and their apathy regarding this issue was shocking.

Great shuttle Service!!

My family of 3 just returned home from a short weekend getaway to the Baltimore area. Check-in went smooth. We booked an executive room on the 11th floor. When we preceded to the elevator and up to the room, we were pleasantly greeted by every employee that passed us and that was on the elevator. That was very nice. When the elevator door opened up I was shocked to see that the hallway walls were not even finished being wallpapered and there were several construction men in the hallways working and it was a mess, but we left for the day and when we got back 4 hours later, it was completely done!!! I could hardly believe my eyes. Boy, did they work fast. I thought we had got off on the wrong floor at first it looked so perfect. It had that brand new smell to it.
The employees are very nice and one front desk girl gave us advise on how to get downtown without driving. We decided to drive downtown our first night and what a nightmare. The Yankees were in town (which is also why we were there) and the traffic was horrible. We paid 18.00 to park for 3 hours. We should have taken the front desk girls advice. So........the next night we did. Here is what you do if you need to go downtown to the inner harbor area. Take the hotels free shuttle (it runs 24 hours a day) to the Light Rail and then take the Light Rail to the innerharbor (Camden Yard) stop. It is only 3.50 for an all day pass to ride the train. Can't beat that. Tickets for the Light Rail can be purchase right at the all the locations where it picks up. They say the Light Rail runs until 11pm but when there is a baseball game it will run much later than that they say.
Oh, one more thing about the room. The air conditioning work fine but was really, really noisy! You had to turn the t.v. up loud enough to here over it and then turn the t.v. back down when it turned off. Kind of a pain, which is the only reason I only give this hotel 4 stars instead of 5.

Outstanding

by TripAdvisor Member doshieyork

As a hospitalty professional,I can tell you that this Hilton is pretty amazing. The staff was wonderful, the shuttle drivers were fun and professional - which is hard to find, so kudos to the management team. Front desk staff was professional and knowledgable about the area, and good at giving directions. (trust me that gving good directions is a skill that is hard to find.) The room was just beautiful and amazingly clean. The bad part of being in the business is that you critique every room you are ever in and see flaws that the average traveler never would notice. I saw nothing I can call a flaw. The room was perfect. I loved the glass shower. I didn't want to leave. I would stay here again and again. Trust me if I lived in the area, I would be persuing a job there.

Not what you'd expect from Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member aut0bahn

We were forced to leave the hotel early due to the complete lack of sercive mainly from housekeeping. On our arrival day sheets weren't changed (there were hairs all over the sheets) so we had to get housekeeping to change them. Every day we had to call about something not done housekeepingwise. One day we had to ask the housekeeping supervisor to come to the room to see how it was possible that after cleaning dirty towels were still laying in the bathroom floor, counters dirty and dusty. She sent us cheese plate and apology letter and we thought that things would get better - wrong. The last straw was when one day after arriving to room big pile of trash was still sitting there and bathroom still was lacking cleaning. Also the continental breakfast and evening snacks seems to be first come first serve basis since when trays get empty they are never refilled. Also internet prizes ($9.95 in room per day or $ 6.95 for 15 min in Business center) are outrageous considering several other neighbourhood hotels provide it for free.

Inside the trainInside the train

Comments