Best Western Ocean City Hotel

5501 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, Maryland, 21842-1344, United States
BEST WESTERN Ocean City Hotel & Suites
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

More about Ocean City

all u forgot to pack is hereall u forgot to pack is here

Tony's Pizza, Ocean City MDTony's Pizza, Ocean City MD

Bikes at the beachBikes at the beach

handicapped accessible ideas

by Lisa_pa

My parents, grandparents, and us are going to ocean city in October. We all are looking forward to this alot. It has been quite awhile since we had a family vacation. I am in need of suggestions for things to do. My grandfather had a stroke 4 years ago and is now in a wheelchair. We wish to include him in as much as we can. He has not been on vacation since his stroke. Some of his interests include wildlife, outdoors and eating. Any ideas on places that we can take him are very welcome. It needs to be wheelchair accessible. There will also be children, so, any suggestions for them are welcome. Thank you in advance.
One last qusetion: (I hope this does not sound dumb) are the dolphins still around in October?

by phastphreddy

Here's a suggestion for his wildlife and outdoors interests. Just to the south of Ocean City is the Assateague Island National Seashore. It's well known for it's wild ponies. They have three nature trails, and I believe at least two of them are handicap accessable. They also have balloon tired wheelchairs available in season.

You can get more information on the seashore here:

And information specific to accessability here:

The seashore does have an entrance fee, but I think it's only $5.00 per car or something like that. There should be plenty to do in October and the bugs won't be so bad at that time of year.

As for the dolphins, I don't know about October but I've definately seen them there in mid September.

by mmyerspa

If you have a car, I have a suggestion for you....Assateague Island. There are many parts that are wheelchair accessible (paved), and the ponies often come right out to these areas. The kids really liked it when we went. It fits the "wildlife" part for your grandfather. The only hesitancy I'd have is that, if the ponies do not appear, that will detract a lot from the potential experience. We saw lots of ponies in various areas when we visited.

There is a decent, but small, visitor center.

Mary

by baadbobby

Call the Talbot st. pier at 410.289.9125 and ask if they will still have one of their large pontoon nature boats operating during your vacation period. I'm sure they would accomodate everyone with a little advance notice, so long as they still have a boat operating that late in the season. Those boats do not go into the ocean, but go behind Assateague and do a wonderful nature tour including ponies, sika deer, osprey, or whatever else may avail itself. I have seen dolphin in October, but it really depends on the water temp. the earlier in Oct., the better.

Travel Tips for Ocean City

Walk along the boardwalk. ...

by MacMethos

Walk along the boardwalk. Keep going. Keep going. Finally you'll reach the sand sculptures. I've been to Ocean City twice, and there have been some there both times. It's incredible what that man can do with sand. In 1998, it was at the 2nd street Boardwalk, and they were sculpted by Randy Hofman. Just lying on the beach with my eyes closed listening to the sound of the waves. I also love to boogie board when I'm there.

Captain's Pizza

by Ewingjr98

Captain's Pizza is a pretty good pizza shop in Ocean City. We had a great "Meaty Pizza" with all of their meats and a "Veggie Pizza" with all of their veggies. Both were very tasty.

We paid about $38 for two large pizzas and two bottles of water.

They also offer an enormous 28 inch pizza. Two for about $55!!!

A weekend in Ocean City, Maryland

by bliss7

I made the trip down to Ocean City last summer for a fun, fun, fun weekend with some good friends.

I like Ocean City better than any beach on the Jersey shore. If you cross the bridge onto the island at sunrise, be sure to bring a camera!

A picture of me and some friends....before I went on the South Beach Diet!

Dawn in Ocean City, MD

by tpangelinan

"September in Ocean City, MD"

We (sometimes) get up at dawn to make the most of our day. Usually there for just a weekend, if feels like minutes. If you are lucky enough to listen to the ocean while you sleep, get up an see a new dawn, you are lucky enough! I was amazed at the huge amount of people we saw up and out before dawn. As I looked around me, there were people every where on balconies, bikes, the beach, benches, rockers. Everyone spoke in quiet whispers, some had sleeping loved ones nearby, and had to be quiet. We stood quietly, young and old, male and female, waiting for the dawn of another day at the beach! It did not dissapoint. It just dosen't get any better than this for me. As we stood waiting for the sun to make its grand entrance, I felt like we were sharing so much more with all of those people. It was really an unexpected, 'moment of my life' for me. I realized how much 'ocean lovers' share, and how much I love this town, and everything it stands for in my heart, and memories.

Comments