Castle In The Sand

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Castle In The Sand

loved it

by TripAdvisor Member bbonzo

Stayed for 5 nights in August. Beachfront room with nice view of ocean. Room was very clean. Bulb was out in bathroom and they came up immediately and replaced it. Outdoor restaraunt had good food and live music every day. Only complaint was breakfast buffet. Food wasn't very good. Otherwise we would stay there again.

Pleasant surprise at a great price

by TripAdvisor Member mountainmare

This was our first trip to Ocean City, since we could not find a beachfront room in Dewey. This was one of those late fall can't believe the weather bonus weekends and I was pleased when I called that the receptionist asked what we were looking for in accommadations in terms of feeling as well as "just the facts"
We had a 5th floor ocean front room in the Waverley building. The room was large and included a fully equipted kitchen. The balcony was small but the view could not be beat.
True--we were there at the end of October and the town was very quiet and the hotel not very full(except with senoirs taking advantage of unbelievable rates), but the friendliness, pride and service is something that cannot be faked.
Bottom line: room was large, comfortable and clean. The location is perfect,on a quiet stretch of beach away from the highrises but within walking distance(down the beach of course!) to the boardwalk.

The size of the room and FRIENDLY service is something that we have been missinf for years up north. We will be back!!!

Room was dirty, had poor view, would not give another room

I made my room reservation in June for an October stay. When I booked the room I was very specific about wanting a room with a direct ocean view. I specifically asked if the room was on the side of the building or anything like that. I was assure that the room would be full ocean view. When I arrived I checked the room before signing in to make sure the room was satisfactory. The room was set back one building width from the ocean and was right next to another building which obscured the ocean view. You could barely see over the dunes. The kitchen floor was sticky. The bedroom was on the road side with the kitchen separating it from the sitting room which was on the ocean side. Both rooms were very tiny and the setup was very awkward. I asked if they could clean the sticky floor in the kitchen but they had no maid on staff at night. I asked for a clean ocean front room which they did not have. They had a better room for 50% more which they would not switch me to for the rate that I booked. The manager on duty that night was not friendly and not helpful. They refused to refund my one night deposit. I lost my $99 deposit, but hopefully this review will save you from losing your deposit on a dirty awkward obscured ocean view room. I travel on business and stay in hotels quite often. This is the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I ended up staying at the Seabony where the staff was very friendly and helpful.

What Happened to This Place???

We have been staying the the castle since 1996. It has always been wonderful. But not our last stay in 2005.

We stayed in a castle north suite. It was very dirty! The floor in the kitchen was dirty when we arrived and there were "streaks" down the front of the toilet. The light in the showerwas out. The coffee table was dirty. The walpaper was peeling. The kitchen sink was dripping. When I called the desk about the dirt--they sent a maid who never did clean the kitchen floor all week, because the same crumbs were along the wall the whole time. I had to call a second time to get someone to finally give us light in the bath. Don't them look at the rooms or clean them before guests arrive???? It made my creepd out about the place for the rest of the vaca.

We ate at the resturant outside which was always great. The food was just OK the first time but I was overcharged. The second time we were overcharged again, my sandwich was undercooked. When I tried to send it back I was accused of trying to get a "free meal" and was only credited 50% because my husband and I both took a bite. I was so upset.

It was uncredibly noisy at night--with loud drunk teenagers staying at their cottages outside our room door. I called the desk several times.

I am so dissapointed, at least the beach was beautiful, no thanks to the castle in the sand hotel staff. I am very sorry that we lost our favorite hotel.

Never again!

by TripAdvisor Member Jenn-NY9

Maybe I'm a little spoiled, but this is not my idea of a nice hotel. Not very clean. All the bed linens were old. I stood in at least 5 inches of water every shower - called to have it fixed, it never was. Hair in the refrigerator. Dirt and rust in the utensil drawer. The clothes closet was in the kitchen, along with a clothes drying rack. We could hear every sound outside the window, as our room overlooked the parking lot, and the sounds were not pleasant ones - screaming, cursing, blasting music, oh yeah the garbage truck - this was all at 7am, at least 3 days of our 5 day stay there. I certainly wouldn't call that little wooden door a security door to our room. We could also hear every sound in the hall. Unimpressed with the "restaurant" and the breakfast buffet. The outdoor food and bar was good. The pool was nice, but not anything close to as big as it looks in their pictures. Next time we'll stay at the Holiday Inn Suites or the new Hilton.

Castle In The Sand Hotel

I have stayed at the castle for many years, and have always had a great time. The staff is very friendly and they treat you like royalty. The rooms are very nice and clean. My favorite thing is the beach bar grill called Coconuts. The beach bar grill has musical entertainment everyday. While you are at the beach or pool you can order food and drinks from the waitresses. It is really relaxing to have your food and drinks delivered to you while you are on the beach. There is also a olympic size swimming pool. The view of the ocean is beautiful from the ocean view rooms. There is a resturant in the hotel called the Beach House Restaurant. The restaurant serves great food from breakfast to dinner. The Castle is a great place to stay, because everything you need is right there. I would never stay anywhere else ,because the staff makes you feel welcomed. I can't wait to return to the Castle in July 2006.

Only place to stay in Ocean City!

I Stayed in July, and i had a awsome time!. The price is excellent, Location is perfect, and the service was great! They also told us about some great nightlife locations that we might enjoy..very helpful! My friends and i had no probelems with any of the 3 rooms that we had booked for the weekend. I'll be back in Ocean City this summmer, and Definetly be staying at Castle in the Sand.

King Of The Castle.

I was in Ocean City on business in January and was pleasantly surprised about how nice my stay at the Castle was. The room was wonderful: nice size, beautiful views and very clean. The staff was very helpful in that it was my first stay in Ocean City and I had no idea where to go to eat and where the good night spots were. Plus, it's as affordable a place as you'll find in all of Ocean City. They really made me feel like I was "king" of the Castle.

regarding..

I've stayed here a couple of times and I've never had any problems with any of the things mentioned by some of the few people on this page. The staff was very friendly, they went out of their way without making us wait or annoying us any other way, and the fact is, this has been my experience everytime i've stayed here. The rooms are clean and we had a beautiful view of the ocean. I would honestly say that this is a great family hotel and i would recommend it without any doubt.

CATASTROPHE in the Sand

This hotel assures you of many things, but when you get there and find you dont have the ocean front you were promised and your room is directly beside the bar. It ruins everything. Loud music, beer guzzlers, and staff with no where else to go was my perfect view. Very out dated and poorly maintained hotel. We tried out the hotels restaurant and it was just a bad. 150.00 meal for 5 and we all left hungry. I will never return or recommend this hotel to anyone.

see yasee ya

A perfect dawn.A perfect dawn.

Get a bus pass for $1.00 all day & nightGet a bus pass for $1.00 all day & night

Comments