10100 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, Maryland, 21842, United States

Booking.com Clarion Hotel Expedia.com

Costs 98% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Wonderful Hotel & Great for dinner & Dancing

Great Place for dinner & dancing for the over 40's + crowd.
    Beautiful hotel, $200.00 + price range for rooms
    Nice breakfast buffet
    Very experienced older ladies serving (I like that).

Upscale dinner menu items, experienced wait staff, live entertainment.

Not cheap, but crowd was very nicely dressed and live band dancing fun!

Good Honeymoon and /or anniversary spot.

Unique Quality: Live music - call for dates when/who is playing

More about Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel

Fabulous 4th of July Stay

by TripAdvisor Member abucklin

As a last minute plan, my husband and I decided to go to Ocean City for the 4th of July holiday. My parents actually have a beach house in OC, but it was rented. I've been going to the beach my whole life, but never stayed in a hotel before. After staying with friends for one night, we booked a room at the Clarion for the night of the 4th. This was the only hotel which allowed pets and since we had our little guy with us, it was our only option. I though paying $229 for the night was a bit much, but was ok with it considering we were only there for an evening.
We checked in early and had to wait in the lobby until our rooms were clean. This turned out to be a blast because several other dog owners and their pets were waiting as well. One floor is dedicated to the guests with pets and the manager was inspecting the rooms for eveyone so we had to wait about 30 minutes.
Our room was very nice, with two double beds and a large bathroom. Our little dog Buddy loved the balcony and would venture outside whenever we had the door open. You could see the ocean from our room if you leaned over and looked to the side - not exactly oceanfront.
My husband and I left our dog in the room when we went out for the evening to celebrat the 4th (Secrets is a blast and our favorite place there). When we got home we took our little guy downstairs onto the beach since you couldn't bring him on the beach during the day. He loved it and they also had a little dog park around the corner for the pets. During our stay we would venture outside with Buddy and all of the hotel staff and guests were so friendly and accomidating.
Overall, we had so much fun, we decided to stay another night and were able to stay in the same room. We ate dinner both nights at the buffet which was delicious. Our second night it rained, and we grabbed drinks in the hotel bar outside to watch the rain. They even let us get Buddy and have him join us! He was a hit!
I would stay at this hotel againin a hearbeat. I just wish it were a bit less pricey. They are smart to be the only ones who allow pets!

.... not so great

by TripAdvisor Member Charlie715

When we first arrived at Clarion, the hotel looked smaller than the others but generally it looked nice.

Pros: It is right by the beach.

Cons: Limited parking space, no kitchen amenities, Poor service (asked for extra towels and never got them, even though we were told that they were on their way). Over priced meals at tiki bar and at the all you can eat restaurant. The restaurant in the hotel had cold food for the the $23 buffet. Checkout was scary: don't wait till ten o'clock... it will take you 2 hours to check out and hallways are flooded with people trying to leave at the same time. Everyone gets frustrated with the elevators. Ocean view is a joke: the building is situated so that the balcony is facing the side of a another hotel, and you have to stick your head out of the two foot wide balcony to get a glimpse of the water. VERY dangerous looking bolcony, not secure at all. I do not plan on taking my family to the Clarion ever again.

One of the worst hotels ever

by TripAdvisor Member Bshapley

The family stayed for a couple of days and found the service to be VERY bad. At check-in we were given a room that was not ready (a hotel employee was asleep in the bed and the plunger was in the toilet). When I went back down to the front desk (with my two children in tow with far to many bags) there was no "we are sorry", just a "here is a new room key. Staff frequently tied up the elivators with dirter laundery and frquently pushed guests asside for space. It was WELL overpriced for the room (musty and uncomfortable). Don't get fooled with the ocean view that is advertised. It is not ocean front! You will need to stand on the 1 foot triangular patio and look around the corner for a view of th ocean.

BEWARE of this hotel!

It is what it is - a hotel in Ocean City

by TripAdvisor Member StephenD

Ocean City is not known for world class hotels. As such, don't go there expecting a world class hotel. I've stayed in some pretty nice places and have high standards, however, I also know a decent place when I see one.

I figure that this one is probably as good as you'll find in OC. It was reasonably clean (for most people the most important criteria), the staff were courteous (second most important), the spa and gym were ok. Can't speak to the restaurants as we didn't eat there. Nothing negative to report, just above average in all areas. And in OC, above average is actually good. What we liked most was that the hotel upgraded us from a hotel room to a condo next door at the Marigot.

Bottom line - book a reservation with confidence that you'll get a clean room, feel comfortable going without flops in the pool area, use the spa without worrying about catching something, and the people will smile as they talk to you.

Had a good time

by TripAdvisor Member unytraveler

After seeing the prices of hotels in Ocean City MD we delayed making reservations. We finally found this hotel which was about half the cost of some of the others we were looking at. We were a bit skeptical seeing the cheaper price and reading some of the reviews but we had a pleasant stay. Ample parking (more across the street) was a plus. We were checkin by a pleasant woman who heeded my request to NOT be on a pet floor. Pets are allowed on floors 4-6. I have an infant who I would prefer not crawl on the same floor as a pet. Our room was on the 12th floor. There were 3 elevators which were very busy especially around 4pm (checkin) and 10 am (checkout) so expect to wait in line. They were slow at other times but at least there were no lines. The room was spacious and looked recently remodeled. We had 2 double beds, a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, table with 3 chairs, another chair w/ottoman and a coffee table. The crib was a metal frame crib and it was delivered promptly. The hotel advertised the cost for the crib as $15/day but I did not see the charge reflected on my bill. No complaint from me as I think the charge is absurd. The balcony was a small triangular space with only a view of the ocean (no rooms were ocean front) and could hold 2 adults (standing room only). The hotel has a indoor pool which was nice (a bit warm perhaps). You needed to sign for the towels and no one was on duty so we used our beach towels. The pool area was a bit dirtier than I would have liked. There was a bar at the end of the pool area. Happy hour had a band on the deck which was great. We didn't eat in the restaurants but we did have some sandwiches on the deck which were ok but service was slow. Wonderful view from the decks! There was a small play structure for children in the rear of the hotel. Beach chairs, umbrellas were available for rent from the hotel with daily or weekly rates but we had our own. There were children programs but we didn't make it to any of them. Hotel was around 101st street so it is a bit too far to walk to the boardwalk area. Lots of restaurants nearby along with a grocery store and mini-golf.

Hated this hotel -- left after one night.

by TripAdvisor Member amqtravel

We were very excited go to the Clarion Hotel this August. After doing lots of research, we felt this was the best place for our small family of three. We were very, very disappointed. The staff was very unfriendly and the elevators take forever. Our bed sheets were ripped and full of holes. The blanket (always gross even in a good hotel) was filled with holes and covered in stains. The bathroom tiles had cracks all through it and there were hairs all over the floor. We went down to the breakfast buffet and the food was cold and worst of all the coffee cups and dishes were dirty. I had to ask three times for a clean coffee cup. Each time the waiter brought me a cup that had either crusted lipstick stains on the lip of the cup or dried food on it. Gross!! We were sitting at a table that had a linen table cloth. You could tell that it had not been cleaned in days. There were stains on the cloth and dried food all over it. Even though we were on a non/pet floor, we had dogs barking on both sides of us. The pool was very small and fully enclosed. Many people are in that area and there is no place to swim. The lining of the pool has mold on it. After one night of this, we left and found another hotel. Do not choose this hotel -- you will be very sorry.

Spent a small fortune

by TripAdvisor Member carribeantraveler

We stayed at the Clarion for two nights on a weekend in October. The prices were very high for that time of year and the rooms needed some serious refurbishing. Parking was also terrible as almost every spot was filled. All in all I would not recommend this hotel and I would not return. Very high prices even in the off-season and the hotel is shabby.

Dont waste your money!

by TripAdvisor Member burgh-n-at

This hotel is very dirty! Mold on the ceilings and in the bathrooms. The elevators do not work right and the balconies are a joke! You would think that for the price they charge, they would make some improvements. My kids wouldnt even go in the pool because it was so dirty. We will not be going back!

Happy New Year Experience

by TripAdvisor Member H&MHudson

My husband, my dog and myself were treated like royalty for our NYE weekend stay. We checked in on Friday by very friendly hotel staff and the rest of our stay was quite enjoyable.

OK, so it's not a 5-star hotel, however, we were able to take Harley, our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and we still enjoyed ourselves. Our room was clean and our sheets and blankets were w/o holes and the bed was very comfy.

Our Server, James, in the Pub was the best ever! You can't get any friendlier than him, unless of course, it was our Server Debbie in the Horizon's Dining Room for the Breakfast Buffet where the food was hot and delicious!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that has a loving pet that you want to take with you. There are very few hotels in O.C. that are open in the Winter months that allow pets. This one happened to be almost perfect!

Thanks for a great time. We plan to do this again next year!

Comments