Two 15th Street, Ocean City, Maryland, 21842, United States
Priceline.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Ocean City

need more bars to go to, look for the shuttle vansneed more bars to go to, look for the shuttle vans

"Nude" Sunbathing at Ocean City"Nude" Sunbathing at Ocean City

Catch the view at the Red Eye Frog!Catch the view at the Red Eye Frog!

postcardpostcard

Ski Boats?

by explorer02

I am going to Ocean City at the end of July, i've never been there, and I'm curuios is it possible to rent ski boats or Jet skis? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks!

RE: Ski Boats?

by ellielou

I can't answer your question specifically regarding OC, but just north of OC, in Fenwick Island, DE, there's a state park. Directly across the street from the entrance, on the bay side, there's a place that rents what you're looking for. Coming from OC, the entrance to this place will be on your left.

have fun!

Travel Tips for Ocean City

The Sea Rocket, August 2002

by tpangelinan

You can't be at the shore, and not notice the Sea Rocket and the OC Rocket going up and back. This is an excellent time for Grandmom to Grandchild. You WILL get a little wet, they make sure of that!
Dolphin activity with the boat happened both times I took this trip! Sea Rocket is a good time, and the fastest trip up to 94th street you will ever take!

More crabs!

by dzni about Fenwick Crabhouse

My first time cracking open Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs was certainly a messy one, but fun and tasty! When in Maryland (or nearby) during crab season, one should try the traditional bucket of crabs, which if you have skill (and I don't), you can crack open with a mallet, pull apart skillfully, and enjoy the small bounty of meat in each crab. Of course, each crab is seasoned generously with Old Bay Seasoning (which I learned will get on your hands and therefore season the meat you pick out of each crab). It's a fun time, and this place had delicious crabs! It also had delicious homemade desert!!

Boogy Boarding In Ocean City

by LadyXoc

"I am about to get the snot knocked out of me!"

The waves were really big. I should have noticed that before I tried to relive my youth and rent this rubber raft. Can you almost hear the scream that is probably escaping my lips in this shot???

"Ocean City, the playground of my youth"

I was born in Baltimore Maryland. As a child I moved to the Midwestern United States. The closest Ocean is 1000 miles away (that's 1609.34 Kilometers). All thru my childhood my father drove us for an annual summer visit to see our Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and the Ocean. My father always rented a rubber raft for me and I would ride the waves until I passed out from exhaustion. Now they have 'boogy boards'. if you ask me...ok nobody did but anyway...I don't think they ride the waves the same as a raft did. It didn't matter to my kids. I showed 'em how it was done and hey had a brilliant time!

Rob

by roberths

My wife and I went down at the shore to get away for some r & r over one weekend in August. We were met up with my parents and my brother and his girlfriend. I have been to this local serveral times in my life and it has always been enjoyable.

Ocean City is a pretty cool beach that's not as crowed as NJ. The waves are pretty good for boogieboarding and body surfing. The beach wasn't that crowded, but we were up on 32nd street. All the boardwalk action is down 15th and below.

You can get around pretty easily by public transit. The bus is only $1 for the whole day - 24 hours. It took about 15 minutes to go from the condo we were staying at on 33rd to 8th street. It's great for pub hopping along the boardwalk.

We stopped at The Purple Moose, The Crab Bar, Shenanigans, and The Brass Balls Saloon. It was quite a night. The Great Virginia Band was playing at the Purple Moose and was average. There covers were blues and rock/country based. Not the best I have seen. When we got to Shenanigans they had a live Irish band that sounded pretty good. Of course the alcohol could have distorted my perception. At the Brass Balls we were doing shots. All in all the service was great at all the places.

A great place to wander through is the pier. You can't miss it from the boardwalk because of the modified Ferris Wheel. From here you can get a great view of the peninsula and the mainland. I wished I had brought my camera that evening. Bring lots of money because the carnival games can be addictive.

If arcade games are more your style check out Fun City. They do a good job keeping up with the latest trends. An old favorite is the MTV Drummer. This usually draws a good crowd at night.

Another place we stopped in at was Speedworld. As the name implies there is plenty of racing to do. I think there was 8 different go-kart tracks. For $24.95 you can ride as many rides as you want within a two-hour period. This is economical as long as the place isn't busy.

There were so many racing options we didn't know where to start. All the courses are wicked, especially Slide 4-5. A word of advice: careful on the corners and watch out for the younger drivers. They make completing a lap rather difficult.

With the $24.95 admission you get one entry into the formula one track. This was my favorite. You get three laps to get the fastest lap. That day the record was 45.17 seconds. I got 45.45. I noticed that one of the guys who worked there got to keep riding around the track. He probably set the record.

During our last night at the beach a storm had set in. We didn't care because it was hot and the rain was great. We took the bus home and rain was leaking in through the AC unit and lights. It was pretty sad, but we didn't care. It was great stomping through puddles along the side of the road.

It's always great to step back in time and become a kid again, which is what the shore is all about. If you need a time trip then point your car in the direction of the Mid-Atlantic.

(Note: I took the photo during our last day at the beach. It was raining and it really captured how we all felt - all the energy squeezed out of us and soaking wet. I promise to add better photos later.)

Comments