Days Inn Ocean City

Days Inn Oceanfront Hotel
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Days Inn Ocean City

Only if I was desperate....

I am a frequent flyer of OC--so am aware of the fact that there really aren't any fabulous 5-star hotels in the area that you're going to get award-winning service at and premier accomodations. I stayed at the Days Inn just recently...and paid $99 for an oceanfront room that was an absolute disaster. When I walked into the room I thought I was going to pass out from the mildew smell. The bathroom door had a huge hole in it from someone punching it (or so it seemed). The bathroom was terrible---it was small, the light didn't work (it was very dim), no fan or window that could open, and to boot the shower had someone else's dirty soap (along with hair) in the tub. No water pressure either. I complained to the front desk and was offered another room---but when I asked to see the new room first I was ready to pass out from the same mildew smell--so I stayed put in my original room. Room was rather small as well. However, I do have to say that the view was great...and I was right on the boardwalk in the middle of everything. So, if you don't mind all the other things and are more into the view and location, it's not that bad. WHen I checked out, I complained again to the manager, an elderly lady who apparently is the only competent person around. Even still, I was told that since I booked online and "already got a discounted rate on this room" I could not be compensated in any way (as in the form of maybe charging me less than the $99 for the night's stay). I thought that was ridiculous and not good customer service. You won't find that here. Just the mold and mildew smell with a good view. Oh well, no one said Ocean City was known for it's premier hotels.

A really poor room

When we checked in and went into the room, the mildew smell was overwhelming. The wallpaper was peeling off of the walls and the bed was like a boat in rough waters. We had accidentally spilled some coffee on the top of the microwave and when we returned later that day, the bed had been made but the coffee stain was still there. When we checked in, the clerk acted as though he was high on something and did nothing to greet us. But what really got us was when the room was cleaned on the first day (if cleaning is what you call it) someone had left a Pepsi cup sit on the table and we noticed that there were no wash cloths. The Boardwalk Motel Group needs to get their act together.

Worst Hotel Ever

Dirty tiny rooms, heating/ac unit was in poor condition, noise level outside the hotel room was the worst ever...didn't get any sleep throughout the whole night...dark and mildewy in the room...

I always thought Days Inn was a pretty decent hotel chain. This is the second time I had a bad experience with Days Inn..once in Outer Banks and now in Ocean City. Next time I book, I will make sure it's not a Days Inn hotel.

Nice stay

After reading the reviews from this website i was really worried about our stay. I expected to walk into a unclean, dingy, moldy room. When i got there i was surprised by the nice staff and the outside apperance of the building was nice. Our rooms were smaller than your normal hotel room but it was clean. We had a nice sized frige and a microwave. The bathroom was also small but very clean. Our linens were replaced daily overall it was a nice stay. The pools are smaller than they appear in the picture.

Not Worth the Money

Spent four days at this hotel. The maid forgot the towels twice and never left enough toilet paper. Minor issues but a nuisance. Room was very small for family of four. Not enough parking in the main lot; had to park across the street in adjacent lot. There was very little water pressure or hot water for showering. That was a major issue. Our room was overlooking the boardwalk and ocean- the view was excellent! A sliding patio door led to a balcony. The air conditioner and refrigerator worked well. Overall, this place is overpriced.

What Renovation??????

We chose this hotel based on the fact that it's website claimed there had been a 3.5 million dollar renovation recently completed. When we checked in and saw our room, we wondered where they had spent their money! There may have been a new shower curtain in the terribly small and outdated bathroom. Other than that, we saw no evidence of any renovation. No new fixtures, furnishings, or carpet. The room smelled, was marginally clean, and the front door was so smashed in from what appeared to be kick marks, we could barely shut it. There were large gaps between the wall and the air-conditioning unit...in fact, they were so big, we could see what was going on outside our door. I was immediately ready to ask for a refund, and check out, but my husband talked me out of it since we were only going to be there two days. My advice would be to avoid the Days Inn. The supposed renovation is a joke!

Could not have been worse

by TripAdvisor Member amanley

Booked on-line reservation. Showed up and they did not have a reservation for us and 3 kids at all, no appologies. I showed them my printed out confirmation, and they still tried to blame us for the mistake. Instead of my 2 room Ocean Front Suite I reserved, we ended up getting a highway front room over the hotel lobby. It was horrible. One remote for 3 TV's, one window missing a blind, no sodas in the vending machine, a full size mattress was on the Queen sofa bed. They advertise Continental Breakfast, but there was NONE. Even the restaurant that they told us was open, was Closed. Check in was 3pm, and no one got their room before 4pm. Advertised INDOOR POOL, there was NONE. Horrible experience.

Money well spent

by TripAdvisor Member JGHw3

I started going to this hotel when it was called Surf & Sands...over 30 years ago! The changes they made in 2005 by adding the 4th and 5th floor are great. The rooms are twice the size of a normal room and the decor is very relaxing. I'm sure the older rooms are showing a bit of wear and tear, but you do get what you pay for. I would encourage anyone with children to go for the larger room. The frig is great for snacks and drinks and the dinning area helps parents maintain normal eating routines for the little ones. The balcony is extra long and allows for the entire family to gather outside at night to watch the boardwalk walkers. No issues with service. See you in Aug 2007!!!!

Terrible visit

by TripAdvisor Member tifgmu2003

This past summer my girlfriends' and I decided to take a long weekend and go to Ocean City. We found the Days Inn at a reasonable price (reasonable compared to most hotels in Ocean City in high season!) and booked 2 rooms.

I swear, I am pretty laid back and if you see other reviews I've written, this one is a real fluke.

I knew we may have trouble when the walkway to our rooms was slanted and rickety on the 2nd floor and was so narrow we couldn't fit our bags through. When I walked into our room it wreaked of mildew. I think we were in an older section in the parking lot that hadn't been updated at all. Then I went into the bathroom for the first time and saw that someone had gone to the bathroom and didn't clean it afterwards so you could see remnants of what was left behind - ewwwww. Either the maid did it or the maid didn't clean up after the last visitor. Enough about that.

On to the flying roaches. I didn't see any in our room at first, but in the other room next door we noticed them immediately in the window sills and then some under the bed!!!!! Later we saw one right on our comforter, in our room, and knew they flew when it took off the bed and went to the window! Talk about a pack of screaming females! hahaha.

We were so disheartened that we checked out and roamed the streets of OC until we could check into another hotel. Luckily the management refunded our money. But they had someone come out and ask us to move our cars right before we moved them next door to another hotel that evening.

Later when we returned home, my mom told me she saw on the news that a man and his daughter died of carbon monoxide poisoning in the Days Inn building next to us - the one on the boardwalk. They had died in their sleep from a gas leak in the basement - so sad.

My girlfriends and I laugh when we talk about it, but it was such a waste of precious time, that we don't have much of, when we finally all get together to take time off work for a short vacation.

So SO

by TripAdvisor Member jnfisher55

We were only going to be there for 3 days. Room was ok for what we were paying. Bathtub was a little dangerous to get out of, huge step. No one bothered to tell us that our room was right above the bar. The bed vibrated until 3-4 am from the music. There went the sunrise walk on the beach. The night desk clerk was very helpful. They did get us a more expensive ocean front room for the next night, but by that time we were so tired from no sleep the night before that we couldn't appretiate it. The sencond room was fairly nice. If you stay here I would recomend ocean front.

Comments