2800 Baltimore Ave., Ocean City, Maryland, 21842, United States

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

First Class Diggs

Right on the boardwalk, where else?
    Lots of package deals here. All rooms have an oceanfront view, Fridge, Microwave, hair dryer, coffee pots.

Directions: Check out the web site

More about Dunes Manor Hotel

Okay, not great - not horrible

by TripAdvisor Member bamby143

We just came home from a three night stay at the Dunes Manor Hotel - and it wasn't bad. I was expecting a little more - with the rooms. The room decor is not great - and the sink is outside of the bathroom.

Housekeeping opened the patio doors while cleaning room - and left it open - thus allowing mosquitoes and flies to get in.

The beach is very nice - and seemed to be kept up. The one complaint we had was the umbrella stand representative. She puts out the umbrellas while other guests are laying out - the problem is if you are along the water line - she seemed to always crowd the other guests out by putting umbrellas a foot away from you -while the rest of the beach was free.

Restaurant in hotel was alright - not bad.

Great Beach Hotel, Going Back

We stayed at the Dunes Manor Hotel last Aug. We have three children and they had a blast. On the ocean, nice rooms, kids loved the afternoon tea on the porch. The pool wasn't too good but who needs it with the ocean there. For a beach resort, we think it was great, worth the price. are going back again this year.

great experiance

what a great time me and my wife had at the Dunes Manor Hotel. We have been going to this hotel for years now, and everytime we go we have never been disappointed. Granted there have been times something might not go as planned but the staff there is truly a god send. the spanish manager at the front desk gives 110% to each person he deals with, its amazing just to watch him. That smile of his makes you feel real comfotable and makes you feel like your on vacation with family not a bunch of strangers who could care less. The rooms are excellently kept. The restaurant has a very good breakfast. As for the view from the room it doesnt get any better than what the dunes manor has to offer. I hope that everyone reading this review will stop in. trust me you wont be disappointed. see you at the dunes manor !

a great hotel

I looked for a long time for a good hotel in Ocean City, this was definitely it. The hotel appeared to be nicer that all the others there. The view from the room was spectacular. The room was well kept and clean. The front desk was helpful and friendly. Morning coffee and afternoon tea with crumpets and cookies were very nice. I would definitly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit Ocean City.

We loved it and felt valued as guests

We had stayed at the Rodeway Inn two years ago and thought for what we paid it was going to be a decent place. However, the room was small and dingy (this was the older part of Rodeway Inn, near the street, not overlooking the beach, which we did not know at the time). There was a lot of noise at night from the road and we overall thought the room was awful. During this stay we had walked to the Dunes Manor for breakfast, and we loved the food and service. The hotel seemed so much nicer, so I assumed it was going to be a lot more expensive, however, I was pleasantly surprised. It was a little more, but well worth it!! We have two children, so we reserved a corner room which has queen beds, as opposed to double. The room was spotless and had all of the amenities you expect in a nicer establishment: hairdryer, refrig, microwave, coffeemaker, iron. Our view of the beach was great! The staff was always very helpful and friendly and we felt valued as guests. I also liked that it seems to attract an older and quieter crowd. Even though we have two children and there were many families there, they were not the noisy, stay up late kind of crowd that you sometimes get. The only minor downfall was the long wait for the elevator at times (we stayed on the 8th floor--the stairs were for emergency use only). I highly recommend Dunes Manor Hotel! I think it is a great place to stay!

nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member occaisonal-traveler

thank you to all of those who wrote reviews of hotels in the ocean city area and helped us make our choice. After reading your reviews we chose the dunes manor hotel. we found it to be exactly as described. we paid 249 a nite for a ocean front room with a balcony. a little pricey but worth it. i had looked a less expensive hotels in the area and felt that i got good value. most of ocean city is mom and pop style motels and the quality is uneven. the room was clean. the elevators worked, the a/c was cold, the service was prompt and pleasant. it wasn't like the perfection of a suburban doubletree suites , but it was good. high tea at 2:00 was a nice touch and the rocking chairs on the porch ovelooking the ocean were great. they have beach front bar that serves great burgers and $1.00 beers 2-4 pm. the best thing was the location... right at the end of the boardwalk at 28th street.

Nice break from usual OC motels/hotels

by TripAdvisor Member lombardote

Nice hotel. We were looking for a nicer hotel than the usual motels/hotels found in Ocean City. Everything was clean. All oceanview rooms a nice plus. When we needed something -- like more towels -- they were always quickly brought to our room. Great value -- nice hotel.

Great hotel, great location

Just returned from 4 nights at the Dunes Manor Hotel with my husband and two young children (5 and 6), as well as my parents. We requested adjoining rooms and that's just what we received. The room, although smaller than the suites at the Princess Royale where we have stayed previously, were very clean and suited our needs perfectly. We loved having the little nook outside the shower that had a microwave, small fridge and coffee maker. It had plenty of counter/floor space for all the snacks and supplies I brought along.

You can't beat the oceanfront view from the very large and private balcony! The boardwalk is just a block away and you are close to lots of shops and restaurants as well as Jolly Rogers, a favorite with my kids.

Also very enjoyable, as noted in other reviews, is the afternoon tea/cookies and the "porch" with all the rocking chairs. My mom and I sat out one evening while my husband, dad and kids flew kites out on the beach. Very relaxing!

We didn't eat in the restaurant but my parents ate breakfast there and said it was quite good. They also had lunch at the outdoor grill which they also enjoyed (it is so convenient!).

The pool is not great but it is fine for an after-beach swim and for some reason it felt nice and cool there although the temps were in the 90's.

Overall by far one of the nicest hotels in Ocean City and certainly the boardwalk area. In terms of restaurants outside the hotel I recommend Nick's, way up on 145th, for excellent ribs and the Phillips on I believe 25th (but don't do the buffet, menu food is much better). Laytons on 16th is great for breakfast.

Great Hotel, Friendly Staff, Best View

We just returned from a 4 day vacation at the Dunes Manor Hotel. The room was very clean and well maintained, the carpet even looked new. Every room faces the Ocean and has a balcony so there are no "parking lot" views. We were on the 11th floor and had the best view. The walk to the ocean is short and there is a beach side grill for lunch and drinks. Umbrellas and chairs are available for rent just as you walk onto the beach. The hotel is at the beginning of the boardwalk well away from the noise and crowds of the amusement park end. The first train/tram stop is about 75 yards away and there is also a bicycle rental close as well. There is plenty of parking with wide spaces. We would definitley stay there again.

Comments