Harrison Hall

On the boardwalk at 15th Street, Oceanfront & 15th St., Ocean City, Maryland, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• Gurf3PSU's Profile Photo

Ocean City Gem!

Spent a wonderful few days at the beach this Fall.

Harrison Hall was nice! Right on the boardwalk... walk out the front door, down the steps and you are on the beach. The room was comfortable and clean. I might actually become a fan of the beach!

Unique Quality: The pool was nice and convenient... the views were great and the people were wonderful.

More about Harrison Hall

Harrison Hall = Horrible

by TripAdvisor Member jeremy_bentham

Besides the mildew in the room, the paper-thin walls, and the blood stains on
our sheets, this place rocked. Seriously, the walls so thin we were kept awake until 4 by the wasted kids on one side of us, then woken at 7 by the early risiers on the other side, and the blood was just hard to believe, but yet it was there. We've not too picky when it comes to hotels - if it's clean, that's
all we really need. But, without a doubt, this place sucked.

Good hotel for the money

I have just returned from my first visit to Harrison hall, June 5th, 2005. If you want a nice place to stay on the boardwalk, with lots of convience, I would suggest this one. It is not pricey, but you get what you pay for. We had a side view room, and it was fine.

Yes, the hotel is older, but it was clean, and the staff was more than helpful. The lobby is spacious, and the rocking chairs on the porch are made to watch the world go by.

If you are looking for quiet, then maybe you do not want to stay here though. The hotel next door is being torn down in the daytime, but they do not start too early.

it was the smallest room i have ever seen in my life!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member khalilah

My husband, two sons (5 and 14 mo) stayed at Harrison Hall last week (aug 16-19). The hotel looked nothing like the brochure. The lobby was okay, but the room absolutely stunk!!!!!!!!! It was the smallest room I have ever seen in my life!!!!!! I informed the hotel that I had two small children and the room didnt even have a bath tub! It had a disquisting stall shower! The bathroom looked terrible. It was small and the ceiling looked mildewed! The room had a twin and a full bed and absolutley no where to walk. We decided to put the two beds together. When we pulled the nightstand out the floor was flithy and someone else's belonging were still there. The entire hotel needed a remodel! There was a restaurant downstairs. We chose not to eat there because of the back of it was boarded up with cardboard boxes and it looked abandoned! The pool was okay. The best thing about this hotel was the exit!!! ( to the boardwalk and beach)

Please take a season to remodel

My family and I are just returning from our vacation in Ocean City. The weather was excellent and the time together was wonderful. I wanted to take this opportunity to comment about our stay at Harrison Hall. Room 504 goes a little something like this: #1 Shower would not properly regulate the water temperature. It was either burning or freezing....NO in between. #2 The yellow colored smoke detector fell from the ceiling while asleep. #3 After returning from the beach we showered before dinner. The shower curtain rod fell completely down. #4 My girlfriend was using the heating lamp in the bathroom when it fell from the wall and the white wire attach to the lighting unit came unattached from the electric source while sending vibrant sparks throughout the bathroom. #5 The remote control was broken on several different buttons and would not work properly. #6 The 1700's elevator broke down some many times that you just knew to use the stairs. Look at the broken blue phone that is being held together with black electrical tape in the elevator. #7 The patched up decor of the wallpaper where apparent holes were in the wall was very attractive. #8 The towel rack in the bathroom fell off the wall and was hanging on with just a screw, no drywall anchor to maintain the bar. #9 Wait till you see one of the finest amenitities this hotel offers - The wooden poolside bar that was not open. According to a staff representative the bar had been recently built and had not been inspected. Don't anyone say this man and his family spent to much time in the room while on vacation. Instead, I'm the man that expects to get the quality for his family that this hotel commits to provide to customers. Now, if you do stay take time to ask for the housekeeping representative, "Ms. Brenda". She was the sweetest person that provided quality care and compassion to families while ensuring the room was properly cleaned, organized, and hygiene products were adequate. If you come across the maintenance guys, you will have to take time to tell these guys thanks for all the bandaids that they contribute to this run down building. The internet site for Harrison Hall shows a brilliant image of a hotel that is maintained and cared for by many people that work very hard everyday. The best thing that the owner/s, or realators could do is wait till the building next door is built...Do you customers a favor and recommend they stay there. Tear the Harrison Hotel completely down and start all over again.

3rd world motel

by TripAdvisor Member bebelotus

Don't ever chose this place!!!! Maids steal your belongings!!!! Place is smelly and dirty!!! Customer service is bad, you get sarcastic answers if you ask simple questions. I would have rather slept in my car then to stay there!!!!! It's like staying in a third world motel!!!!!

Some new Improvements

Some new improvements were noted. New doors and new key system.
Hotel personnel very accommodating. The room was clean. However, the pool should have been ready for the Memorial Day weekend.

The view of the beach from the front porch is great and the location on the boardwalk is very convenient.

Motel next door is being torn down. The view from the pool for the season will be the construction of condos. This could be a problem for some people. However, it should be quiet at night.

Overall, I'll return again.

Very Misleading description

We arrived on a Monday afternoon to teenagers laying in the halls drinking alcohol, yelling and using profanity for every other word, and smoking Marijuana. When we arrived to our room, it had an terrible odor, but we were willing to deal with this until we tried to get a shower. When we turned the water on, it took about 10 minutes to get warm, and the warm water only lasted for about 2 minutes. At one point the water quit working all together and then came back on with a brown color to it. As the other reviews stated about their policy, NO REFUNDS. I guess no guarentees either!! Their website also stated that there was a kiddie pool and a pool bar. The kiddie pool was empty, and there was no pool bar to be found. THIS PLACE IS TRUELY A DUMP, TO PUT IT LIGHTLY. A REAL WASTE OF MONEY. I would had a better time sleeping on the boardwalk. Please, if you read this review, heed my warning, don't get a room there.

Tare it down!!!

Staying in this hotel would be no different than sleeping next to a dumpster or in one. I will defintly plan ahead next time and make reservations with a clean and cozy hotel. This hotel is a insult to the boardwalk!!

2foot X 2 foot shower

The outside looks nice. The lobby looks nice. The pool is great. Excellent location! So, Why am I rating this hotel as horrible. Strange smell in my room. 2x2 foot shower ( not exagerating ) with a shower that is hot one second and freezing cold the next. Exposed green drywall in bathroom. Lifting vinyl ( the whole perimeter ) in bathroom. Old worn out carpeting in room and throughout halls. Did I mention the room was TINY!!!!!!!!!!!

well, you got a bad deal

my son looked this up because we trusted the ad to be honest...we were on top of each other, my mom asked for another room, of course we weren't given one...then the next day on the beach a family the same size told us they pais $200.00 less for the four day stay, starting on a sunday eve at 5:30 pm. my mom was charged $178.00 for check in 5:30 pm sunday,
the other family $99.00 and the same the rest of the 4 nights, we were charged about $140.00 per night. when i confronted the manager she refused to match their rate and we were even on the same floor with the same kind of room....

how awful for such a cubicle of a room to not accomodate customers

Comments