3200 North Baltimore Avenue, Ocean City, Maryland, 21842, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 72% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Upscale Oceanfront Hotel

We stayed at the Hilton to celebrate our 2nd Wedding Anniversary on April 23rd, 2007. The room was comp'ed, but the rate that nite was $160. Rates skyrocket during the summer.

All rooms: you enter in the "living" room area (sleep sofa), full kitchen and bath are in center of suite, bedroom is oceanfront.
    Two other configs are CornerSuites, face south, with Jacuzzi in bedroom with large window at tub - TerraceSuites, face north, feature larger balcony and outdoor hottub! Also, huge 3 bdrm penthouse suites that only rent for the full week.
    The hotel and rooms are beautiful. Every room faces the ocean. Read more stats at the hotel's website.

For now, let us tell you what we found lacking. Wireless net access only in lobby & meeting room. Net access in room only from one ethernet jack in living room (no net access in oceanfront bedroom). No real workdesk, ethernet jack is next to round dining table in liv room.

2 LG lcd widescreen tvs , but no hi-def content, cable is analog (ugh).
    Small details: tiny trashcan in bath, one larger trashcan in kit, in cab. that's it. no trashcans in bed or liv room.

Warning: rooms numbered 01-09 (ie 505) are directly above the Kiddie Pool/Slide/Play area.
    Rooms 10-15 are above the adult pool/outdoor bar.

South CornerSuites are 01's, North TerraceSuites are 15's.

Dining is *very* pricey... we ate at bar, 3 martinis ($7), 2 apps, with tip $60.
    Restaurant just as pricey.

Boardwalk ends at 28th St, so you are NOT near the boardwalk... plan to walk or drive. (See below)

Unique Quality: Jacuzzi tub is comfortable for two. Shower is rain type, with large head in ceiling. Double sinks in bath, blowdryer in bag in drawer.
    While on the toilet, we both played "find the paper"... it's hidden under the bath counter. Fun.

Clock radio has mp3 player input jack. A real plus for us, as we like to bring our own music, and the stereo clock/radio sounded awesome for such a small unit.

Kitchen is full, plates, glassware, full fridge, dishwasher, blender, micro, granite counter, etc. Very nice.

Balcony is very large and private, with table and chairs. Bring binocs to view up and down the
    beach.

Down comforter and fluffy cotton robes in bedroom closet, very nice touch

Feather pillows, pillow-top king bed (smaller than standard king, but good for us.
    Extra pillows and bolster on bed, nice for sitting up and watching tv.

Staff VERY friendly, helpful.

Big indoor pool open 5am - Midnite, no indoor hottub.

Our Flickr

Directions: As stated above, you're at 32nd-33rd St. Boardwalk ends @ 28th St. Even then, there are no attractions @ that north end of bdwlk. Plan to walk to catch bdwlk tram @ 28th, or drive down to the attractions that begin @ 10th St on south to the inlet.

More about Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront

Hilton Suites Ocean CIty

by TripAdvisor Member bulldogs1

We were very happy with this hotel. The suite was clean, nicely decorated, and well equipped. It was nice to be in such a new hotel. We were told it opened in May 2006. The lobby area was pleasant. The pool was nice, and it was great to be able to walk to the beach.

We arrived at noon and were able to check in about 2 pm. We used the changing facilities and were able to enjoy the hotel. On the day we checked out, we stayed until about 5 pm. We again used the changing rooms.

Our only complaint was with respect to the service in the restaurant by the pool. They were understaffed and it took a very long time to get served.

Awesome- best Hotel in O.C.

by TripAdvisor Member phrf57

The new Hilton Suites in Ocean City is delightful . The staff was friendly and efficient, and the pools are great. One important note: 32 Palms- the hotel restaurant- is an amazing find. The menu is creative, and the food is outstanding. This restaurant may be the best on the Delmarva penninsula. Overall, the new Hiltonis almost certainly the best hotel property in Ocean City.

Loved The View

by TripAdvisor Member bafox

We spent 5 days/4 nights at the Hilton in late June. Two adults and 2 children (11 and 8 yrs.) We booked a Terrace Room with a Hot Tub (11th floor). The view up the coast and out to the ocean made up for whatever fears I had about being on the 11th floor. The elevators were quick and plentiful and we never had a very long wait for them.

The room wasn't ready at check-in time (or for about 2 hours after) but the hotel has a changing area and we used the pool/hot tub until it was. Management was generous with free breakfasts due to our wait.

Kids pool was great. We could barely drag our kids down to the ocean. Indoor heated pool was handy for late night swimming or rain/lightning. The hotel offers afternoon crafts for the kids, but ours never wanted to leave the pool to join in. There was a biggish hot tub next to the kids pool, so the parents could hang in there and still keep on eye on the kids (when we weren't in the kids pool with its very cool whirlpool and waterslide.)

Everything about the room was nice and I agree with another person's comments about the comfort of the bed - Like sleeping on a big marshmallow!

The hot tub on the terrace was great. It can be drained and refilled, so there's no need for chemicals or relaxing in the last occupant's dirt. The jets worked reasonably well and the underwater, multicolored lights were a hit with my kids.

Great location just a few blocks to the boardwalk and across the street from Splash Mountain Waterpark. Parking was fine - We always got a spot in the Parking Garage. I would definitely return to the Hilton (despite lining Paris' pockets with more money!)

Not Worth the Sticker Shock

by TripAdvisor Member Travel2007

Just returned from a 5 day/4 night stay. With the price I paid, I expected top notch service and quality. Unfortunately that wasn't exactly the case. I was disappointed to find the staff at the check in desk to be so unconcerned with good customer service. I was not acknowledged for almost 10 minutes even though there were four staff members behind the desk and I was the only one waiting. Once I was waited on, I couldn't believe how curt and unfriendly she was. The room itself was VERY nice for Ocean City standards, but I was surprised to see burned out lightbulbs, dirty glasses, hairs on a few of the pillows, and a very stinky refrigerator. Quite frankly I would expect to find this in any given hotel, but when the hotel is only four months old and I'm paying almost $500 a night, it bothers me. What concerned me the most is the parking pass situation. The pass had my last name and room number written on it. This is a SERIOUS PRIVACY ISSUE. When I asked for this to be corrected, I got a shrug from the staff member at the check in desk, and was told that's just the way they do it. What was even more frustrating was that I had to park in the "far" parking lot because there were so many people not staying at the hotel that used the Hilton's main parking facilities. What's the point of having a parking pass if no one's checking it?! I didn't enjoy lugging all my luggage, beach chairs, etc for all that distance. Hopefully they'll address some of these concerns to make it a quality hotel, and not just a new fad.

Hilton nice, but blocks the sun

by TripAdvisor Member Waldom

Recently stayed for 5 nights.

Positive:
The staff was friendly and helpful. The bellmen were plentiful and helpful without having their hands out. The front desk staff were quick and friendly. Maids had our rooms done on-time, even did our dishes for us. Pool bar was well staffed, several attendants walking around the pool area seeing if you wanted anything.

No problem with parking, although parking is a bit spread out. The hotel is located a few blocks north of the quiet end of the boardwalk.

Negative:
Probably the biggest single negative is the physical hotel itself. The building is 10-12 stories tall, and about 20 rooms wide. The problem is that the ocean and pool are on the east-side of this large building. By 1:00PM shade starts moving across the pool, completely shading the pool and surrounding decks by 3:00PM. Unless you use the pool before noon, expect to spend your time in the shade. This then extends to the beach, by 5:00PM the entire beach in front of the Hilton is in shade. The beach to either side of the Hilton was sunny until sunset. If your plans are to spend the day tanning in the Maryland sun, this may not be the best place for you. Almost all of the other hotels are low-rise.

Although the pools had lifeguards they were not all that attentive. The lifeguards would walk away for 45 minutes at a time and several were not paying much attention to the pool while they were there. Just treat the pool as if it doesn’t have lifeguards and stay alert.

Never Left the Hotel !!!

by TripAdvisor Member RoomServiceMe

We were driving home from Williamsburg, Va and Ocean City is the half way point for us on our drive so we always stop there on our way to Williamsburg and back. This being the last night of our vacation, I wanted to stay at a really nice place. We had stayed 1 night at The Flamingo on our way down which was a great price $159.00, clean rooms and pool, but your typical seashore motel. I would stay there again, it was fine for the price. I talked my husband into stopping at The Hilton to see if we could get a deal on a room. It was 7pm and we did not have reservations. The clerk quoted us $439.00 for one night, which we felt was ridiculous. We asked her if she could do any better and she got her manager. He quoted us $299 and we told him that was still too high and we would go somewhere else. He then asked us how much we wanted to spend and we told him $199. He immediately found us one of the nicest room I've ever seen. It was a gorgeous ocean front suit with an enormous balcony. The room was spotless.and beautifully decorated. We did not have an outside hottub, but that was fine. We used the indoor pool that night and the next day after we checked out they allowed us to us their pool all day until we were ready to leave. The also let us use their changing rooms which had clean showers Everyone was very nice and friendly. Our 3 year old and 1 year old enjoyed the amazing kiddie pool and we enjoyed the poolside waitress service. This is a lovely hotel for a seashore town and I was very happy we ended our vacation in such a relaxing place. The only complaint I would have is the room walls were thin and we could hear the guests in the room next to us, it didn't bother us, but I'm sure they heard our baby crying ...sorry! I would stay here again only if I could get the reduced rate we got. Over $400 a night is too much to spend when you are planning to do beach activities and the boardwalk for that The Flamingo Motel was just fine.

very kid-friendly!

by TripAdvisor Member philly1356

we just returned from our long weekend at the Hilton...we were absolutly impressed! i was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews. however, when we arrived (1 hour before check-in) our room was ready, actually Leslie at the from desk was so nice that she actually gave us a selection of rooms that were avaliable. it is true that the sun does not shine much in the afternoon near the pools. the best tip is to get a chair on the children's side closest to the hot tub. this area seems to get the most sun-time. as far as the children's pool, it was like a tropical playground for any kid who likes the water. our 1 year old and our 3 year old were in their glory. they had a more fun in this pool then any of the 5-star vacations that we have taken. they really cater to families, in the afternoon they have arts and crafts for the kids and at night they have movie night with popcorn and snacks. as far as the location it was also ideal with kids. across the street was the jolly roger amusement park and next door was a great italian restaurant (antipasta) with an ice cream palor next to that. if you are looking for a "shore" vacation and like the "luxury" of a nice hotel- this will definitly do the job! our only complaint was poor service, but decent food at the hotel restaurant.

Still the best hotel in OC

by TripAdvisor Member johngie

This was our second visit to the Hilton Suites in OC - we stayed there a couple of weeks after it opened and things are better organized now as you expect. Parking is a pain but the bellman parked our car in the overflow carpark (about a block away) and we moved it in the morning to the underground car park. This worked well as we could store all our beach stuff (umbrellas, toys etc.) in the trunk and just collect them on the two minute walk from the hotel to the beach. Didn't have any problem with the sun or the hotel casting a shadow on the beach but certainly one side of the kiddy pool is shaded and can be cold. Front desk and service in general was good and friendly. Room cleaning is slow and we never had our room done before 2pm despite the fact that with a toddler we were up early and out most of the morning - they could do with employing a few more people and doing rooms faster. I like the location and if you walk along and look at other waterfront hotels, the hilton compares most favorable plus it is enough off the boardwalk to be very comfortable and quiet but yet in easy reach of the action.

As for sticker shock - yes it is expensive at nearly 500 per night but you have to compare that with the other types of hotels in OC plus the hotel seemed always full to me so it is demand driven. I was fine with the cost because I have a toddler and the suite is big, the hotel is clean and two minutes from the beach etc. But remember OC is a family destination, this Hilton Suites is a family hotel - if you are looking for the type of luxurious refinement that $500 a night normally would offer then you need to look at other destinations and types of hotels (Fairmonts, Four Seasons etc.).

Overall - I recommend this for families especially ones who like to spend time on the beach and by the pool.

Best location on the island!!

by TripAdvisor Member hockeymom0928

Absolutly impressed!! From the time we arrived until the time we check out we were treated like royality. We arrived two hours early and was able to checkin our room. The front desk staff was so friendly and helpful.
When we walked into our room we stepped back in awe. The living room was a comfortable size with a great t.v. The kitchen was well stocked (pots,pans & utensils)for all your cooking needs. The bedroom was gorgeous (two thumbs up to your interior designer). The bathroom was spacious and the bath amenities what a plus!!
Now down to the lobby,where we found fresh fruit and Starbucks coffee WOW, thank you.
The outdoor pool area was fantasic my two boys played for hours each day. Who needs the beach when you have everything right here the slides, fountains and lazy river. LOVED IT!!!
And there is movie night with popcorn and more.
I could go on and on. This is a place you have to try.

Comments