Holiday Inn Hotels and Suites Ocean City

HolidayInn.com Booking.com BookIt.com

More about Holiday Inn Hotels and Suites Ocean City

Outstanding

by TripAdvisor Member highdesertbadger

My wife and I stayed here earlier this month. Now granted it is off season and we were there on a Wednesday, but we got a rate of $55. We stayed in a one bedroom suite on the 14th. floor. We had a huge whirlpool bathtub. The room was spotless, the check in was super easy and the location was great. I can easily see that this would be one of the better properties in that area and worth the higher price in the summer months.

super place to stay

this is our second winter staying at the hotel. this place is super, the rooms are very nice. we have not had any problems here. this is by far the best place that we have stayed at in the winter.

Roach Motel

by TripAdvisor Member CDENNINGJ

We stayed in a first floor room the second weekend in November of 2004. Although the hotel seemed nice at first, I was disgusted when 2 or 3 roaches walked across the floor in the sitting room portion of our room. I have NEVER seen anything so gross!

YUCK!!!

Awesome!

My husband and I recently stayed here for our honeymoon. We could not have asked for more. The staff was very friendly and the room was wonderful. We booked the King Suite and it was huge! The jacuzzi was nice but the three headed shower was to die for. Also, the view was unbelievable. We would definitely stay there again.

Nice rooms, great staff

by TripAdvisor Member delmarvamom

Went to this hotel on a "girls weekend" with adult friends. The rooms are very nice, new, clean and nicely decorated - Not outdated, clean, nice bacony, double sinks and suites have a good layout. The hotel staff was very friendly and we had no problems at all. The pool area was very family oriented, right next to the bar/restaurant, right off the lobby. We were not drawn to using the pool with kids splashing and an adult audience. I could really see the advantage of this if I was with kids.

For an all adult weekend this hotel could have only have been better if they had a more private pool, with sauna, and hot tub. Looking outside, I can see how great this could be with kids in the summer. Too bad the winter rates would not apply.

great getaway

We spent a winter weekend getaway for my birthday the first weekend in February. It was delightful. We chose this hotel based on the reviews on this website and it was a great choice. I would normally not stay at a Holiday Inn for a getaway (traveling on business, yes, but not for enjoyment) but this place was great. Standards are very high.

Rooms are clean, well-maintained, spacious, nicely-decorated. In-room Jacuzzi was fantastic. We also liked the fact that they don't seem to try and cut corners. There were, for example, several little bottles of shampoo rather than just one, plenty of the little coffee and condiment packets, etc. I'm sure that this policy doesn't cost them more than an extra dollar or two per room per day but it left a good feeling.

We had breakfast from room service and found the food both excellent and reasonably-priced, though it took a little longer for the food to arrive than we would have liked (probably 35 or 40 minutes). We also had dinner in the Coral Reef restaurant. Decor was really lovely and service was good. The food presentation was very creative and the food itself was good but not great -- I found my mahi mahi a bit bland but my wife liked the salmon.

What keeps this from being five star in my opinion were the public areas. They are OK but not of five star standards. The pool being essentially in the lobby of the hotel next to the cafe was odd and lacking in privacy. Similarly we would have liked a lobby lounge to sit and have drinks and listen to music; we did this in the bar area of the cafe but it's not the same. But all in all a great stay though I can't imagine paying $389 a night in high season. We paid $143 with the AAA discount and thought that was about right.

Excellent getaway

by TripAdvisor Member DrShannon

A wonderful 2 night stay. Clean, updated furniture, beautifully decorated, full kitchen was great....extremely helpful and friendly staff. We had a great view oceanfront suite 4th floor. The hotel is seated on the boardwalk, which is very convenient. Coffee and paper for the mornings...taken out onto the balcony watching the ocean is fabulous. Indoor pool was warm and the atrium was nice. The outdoors were closed due to time of year. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant so can't say how the food is, but the menu was appealling. One word of caution: the jacuzzi tubs are difficult to get into/out of for some people. If you have less than limber people rooming, you may want to request a special room. We would LOVE to stay there again....today!

What a Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member onlysunshine

My mother and I stayed for 3 nights during Mothers Day weekend. We had a wonderful and relaxing time in Ocean City. The suite was just lovely it had a king size bed and Jacuzzi in the bedroom. The living room was spacious and there was a full kitchen. The bathroom had 3 shower heads (wow that felt so good) and the view of the ocean is spectacular. The suite is very clean, thanks to Sandy who made sure our room was spic & span each and every day during our stay. I will definitely stay here again!

I would also recommend The Captains Galley II Restaurant - W. Ocean City off of hwy 50. The food is great! The stuffed shrimp and the crab cakes are mmm mmm good. Also try Harrisons Harbor Watch in the inlet, their food is also very good, both are seafood Restaurants. Lunch, you can try Crabcake factory on 120th, they have the best crab cakes in town!

We really enjoyed Holiday Inn and our entire stay in Ocean City!

Wonderful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cbranch

My hubby and I just came back from OC. This hotel was really nice. The worst I have to say that in a suite with living room, bathroom, kitchen and bedroom, there is only ONE garbage can!! The room was smaller than I thought, but still comfy for just us. We got a special AAA rate of $125.10/night for the king suite with southern view - but from the balcony, you could still see the ocean. This was for Monday-Friday the week leading up to Mem'l Day holiday. We will definitely go back!

Pros and cons

Jacuzzi tub in main room with ocean front balcony. Clean with tile floor, very nice environment. Good room service delivery with fair prices. I would give this hotel a 5 rating except for the fact that you can't pick your floor so you might end up with a private balcony which is on the same level as the pool! Even on the 2nd floor people can see right into your room from the pool. They did move us around when we complained. The beach is a little crowded.

Comments