Oceanic Motel

Expedia.com Booking.com

This place is beachin'

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 14, 2011

When I first saw this place and all the hicks from Delaware and Virginia sitting in front of their rooms smoking, I thought to myself "This place is a dump, I'm running home if I hear banjo music." The place looked old and I expected to find a dead cat when I opened the room door for the first time, instead I was pleasantly suprised to find relatively clean and spacious room, with a full size kitchen, bedroom, and living room. The walls and windows were soundproof enough that I couldn't hear the amusement park next door or the white trash neighbor beating his kids. The next day I realized through the tattered blinds that this place had the best view of the ocean. The fishing peir was nice and very well kept. The fishing was fun, I got constant bites, no keepers unfortunately. The 24 hour bait and tackle shop had very reasonable pricing on their fishing rods. The guy at the counter was very helpful, and replaced my fishing rod no questions asked when I snapped it in half. The hotel staff was also very nice and polite. The lady at the front counter must have her fingers on the pulse of OC, MD because she was able to give us the rundown on all kinds of activities and events going on that weekend. Despite the dirty dishes in the cabinet, and some questionable stains on one of he armchair cushions, the place was perfect. I plan on staying here again soon and would reccomend it to families and bar enthusiasts alike.

Unique Quality: Awesome view. Right on the pier.

Directions: At the very end of Coastal Highway at the beginning of the board walk.

The Best Spot In Town

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 27, 2005

The best spot in Ocean City! This motel is located right on the inlet. Once you park your car there is no need to return to it the rest of your stay. Everything is a short walk away.

Unique Quality: This hotel boasts an outdoor pool a private fishing pier, and wonderful views of the Ocean City Inlet.

Directions: Inlet

• Swimming Pool
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Free Parking

Ocean City Travel Forum

Need advice about Ocean City, Maryland? Visit the Travel Forum for Ocean City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ocean City hotel reviews