Park Place Hotel

207 North Atlantic Avenue, Between 2nd & 3rd Streets, Ocean City, Maryland, 21843, United States

• Ginnovan's Profile Photo

A Good Night's Sleep

I love this hotel! My new husband and I got married on the beach in October 2003. We stayed at Park Place for the week for our honeymoon. The hotel is very clean. Our oceanfront room was large! I had a sink, microwave, mini fridge... A sofa, table and chairs. Again, it was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The rooms are pricer than others, but it's worth it.

Unique Quality: Ocean front rooms, on the top floor give an excellent view!! The sunrises and sunsets are amazing. The hotel also has a pool, outside bar and game room. It's also right on the boardwalk! In the heart of the action.

Directions: It's right down from the Ocean Gallery and near the Dough Roller.

More about Park Place Hotel

Park Place Hotel...Loved it!

This was my first time visiting Ocean City and I absolutely loved it. Park Place was great. The hotel was nice and clean, very modern(they really seem to keep this hotel up, unlike some of the other hotels on the broadwalk). The location was excellent. Upon check-in, I was told I'd get a discount, because the room I was assigned to, had stains on the carpet from previous guests, getting henna tattoos(It seems that Henna tattoos are very popular there, the hotel doesn't allow it now after it ruined the carpet). I thought that was very considerate of them. It was an eye sore, but bearable. They didn't have to tell me that, so I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. The room was spacious(try and get an oceanfront balcony room, that's the best). More than 4 people may be a bit much, even though they have a pull-out couch. You don't have to leave your room to check out the action on the broadwalk. The entire staff was great, couldn't have asked for a better first time stay in Ocean City. I've read alot of reviews about the pool being small. It is relatively small, but you can't expect to have a giant pool on the properties of most of the hotels directly on the broadwalk/beach. Unless you're staying at one of the bigger hotel chains along the broadwalk(eg. Holiday Inn, Days inn, etc.) I wasn't impressed with those hotels, because believe me I checked most of them out, to see if I would stay somewhere else, but I believe I'll be staying here again on my next trip there. If you're looking for a big pool then this hotel is not for you. I didn't see any of the hotels along the broadwalk having giant pools, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. Most people focus on the beach. You have to check out Connors deck bar at the hotel. You can have drinks and eat while watching the people on the broadwalk. If you're on a budget, the price may be a little steep. I wish they would have more specials, like some of the other hotels in the area. But, I'd pay it again in a heartbeat, just for the great service at this hotel. You'll definitely have a peace of mind, staying here, especially if it's your first time, like myself. The reviews on this hotel, really helped my decison on staying here. I use this site all the time, in determining what hotel I will be staying. This site hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Really liked it, but not the cleanliness

by TripAdvisor Member mylawyla

I read all the reviews here, and was thinking, did I stay at the same parkplace hotel or what! I did! It was in August of 2002. Myself,my husband and 3 children. We really liked the location. but the rooms left little to be desired, as far as cleanliness was concerned. the rugs were dirty, the wallls needed painting and the bathroom definately needed to be redone. It has alot going for it. I would stay there again, if they were cleaner! the service was very good, I thought the pool was very nice.
We don't need all the amenities of a 5 star hotel, just the cleanliness of a 5 star hotel!

Never again!!!

Let me start my saying that i myself work in a hotel. I have stayed at the Park Place hotel for the past 3 summers, atleast twice a summer, with my fiancee. It wasnt ever what i though was "THE BEST" but it was decent. I know that sometimes things happen and that problems arise i try not to be too picky i know how it feels. Well when i arrived there for a weekend stay in march i was VERY UNPLEASED. i have reserved an oceanfront room in the begining of Feb., well when i got to the hotel and checked in the room was not only dirty is was not oceanfront. the bathroom looked like it had not even been cleaned hair all over the counter and floor, and what looked like crunched up ceral all over the floor through out the room. That i could have dealt with but when i went downstairs to try to have our room changed to the oceanfront room i had reserved the desk clerk told me "there isnt anything i can do about it now, you can come down in the morning to speak with someone" So at 9 am when the manager got in i asked to speak with him at first they said he's not in yet can i help you...i explained the problem and then all of a sudden here comes the manager, fine maybe he came in a back door. But then here was the shocker, he told me that he couldnt move my room i should have come down sooner to let someone know about this. when i siad i did he told me he had no proof of that the desk clerk didnt leave him a note or anything. then i asked for a refund b/c i wanted to leave i was told no...he wouldn't even change my rate from the oceanfront rates to the non ocean front rates. i don't know if he has managed the hotel in the past but i think there is a different feel to that hotel now. andi will not be going back. after reading these other reviews on here you have to wonder who wrote them, not everyone but me could have enjoyed there stay. Just something to think about when you are choosing another hotel b/c this hotel just isnt what it is advertised as!!

could of been better

i read the general mangaer response. I can tell you that I stayed at your hotel about 1 year ago. When i checked in all I could see was a group of workers sitting on buckets smoking cigarettes near the entrance to the hotel. Which for a non smoker like myself i found disgusting. The second thing was than the pool, we noticed that it had a green color. We mentioned it to a guy that was sweeping the area, and he told us that the pool is commonly green but not to worry because no one had ever gotten sick. We contacted the front desk and asked to check out early and were told we could but would be issued no refund. The staff for the most part was okay, the room wasnt that clean , and there was tons of noise from the little tiki bar overlooking the boardwalk. I guess if your in your teens and want action this may be your place but if you want some fun with a lot less noise it certainly is not. As for the general manger you need to listen to all of your guests not just the ones that compliment you.

What a horrible dump.

This place is so disgusting. WE went to the hotel for Memorial weekend. We wanted to go and spend some time with our children(3 & 4) at the beach. We asked for an oeanfront room, which we did get. It was right over a very loud bar. The front desk person should of told us. You could here the people in the bar in our room. Conners cafe was very bad, we went for breakfast and my foot stuck to the floor because it was so dirty. We are in OC almost every other weekend, and you can bet we will never go to this hotel again. This place should be shut down, it is a health code violation.

Great Location, Clean Room!

by TripAdvisor Member dfoell

We just got back from staying at the Park Place Hotel for Memorial Day weekend (May 27 – 30) and everything was very nice. We had an oceanfront room on the 5th floor. The oceanfront rooms at Park Place are set back from the boardwalk. If you look at the pictures on their website, there is an open deck on the second floor. When facing the hotel there is a bar on the right, and a sitting area on the left. Both sides usually have a few ‘people watchers’ standing around. The oceanfront rooms are behind this deck, so if you are in an oceanfront room, you will also see that bar and the sitting areas. The swimming pool is at the back of the hotel also on the 2nd level. The rooms at the back of the hotel have a view of Baltimore Avenue and the bay. This is a nice set-up as we preferred to see what was going on at bar and not all the kids in the pool. If you do not want to see the bar, then book a room on the bay side.
The location of the hotel was perfect. Nothing was too far to walk to, there are many restaurants and food places nearby, including a ‘Thrashers’ close by for some french fries. The hotel restaurant (Conner’s) was an excellent deal for breakfast but average for lunch or dinner.
Now about the inside of the room: The bathroom looked like it had been recently renovated with a newer shower, counter and nice tiled floor. There was no mold, sand, or hairs anywhere in the bathroom and it was stocked with plenty of towels and quality soaps and shampoos. Remember to bring your own towels for the beach and pool or buy them from a shop located, one block from the hotel, on Baltimore Avenue.
Everything worked in the room and there were no missing items (i.e. utensils or glasses) like in other efficiencies. We had a smoking room that smelled, but didn’t have any burn marks on the carpet or furniture. The room had two double beds and a double fold out couch. It was tight squeeze for two adults to share a double bed. Our room looked exactly as pictured on the website.
Maid service came later in the day if you were staying the night, or promptly at checkout time if you were leaving.
We experienced three negatives during our stay. First, there was not enough room on the pool deck to sunbathe. The deck was too crowded and there were no available chairs in the afternoon. Heading out to the beach solved that problem. Secondly, some of the soda machines were sold out so we had to go floor to floor until we found a machine that had sodas available. Later we eventually stocked our room after a trip to the market. And lastly were those blasted elevators. There are two elevators for both guests and hotel staff. The speed of the elevators reminded me of a hospital, very slow. We had to resort to the stairs during housekeeping and checkout times.
I would recommend high-speed (wireless) internet access as an improvement to the hotel room. I had to do a bit of work while staying at the hotel and the dial-up phone access was pretty slow.
Otherwise we had a very enjoyable stay. The Sail Loft Bar at the hotel was a happening place and our room was exactly what we expected for the price we paid. I would not only recommend this place, but I would definitely stay here again when visiting Ocean City in the future.

We love it!!

We stayed at the Park Place Hotel on June 3rd and 4th. We had a great time. The staff was courteous. When we asked where we should eat, the manager came out and gave us suggestions for the type of food and atmoshpere we were looking for. The rooms were clean. I loved the Bodyworks shampoo, conditioner, and soap they placed in the room for you to use. There is a microwave, coffeepot, minifridge, and plateware in the room. This was helpful for keeping snacks and drinks for my daughter. We stayed in a Oceanfront room on the second floor near the deck bar. We sat on the deck and had a lovely view of the ocean, boardwalk, and amusements.

This is a great place!

This is a wondeful hotel. The room was very large (fridge, microwave and sink). The view was incredible (nothing like seeing the Ocean all day long).
Clean pool and nice bar overlooking the boardwalk. Another bonus is the high-speed internet access. The room had WIFI so I could use my laptop and take care of minor work stuff. Staff are friendly are professional and the place looks new. Will definitely be back.

loved park place

by TripAdvisor Member minknluna

We have always loved the Park Place hotel on 3rd st and the boardwalk. In the winter it is close to bars, restaurants and shopping on the boardwalk. We always recommend this place to our friends who are unfamiliar with Ocean City because it is nice and clean and the ocean front rooms are great. The only sad part about buying our OWN condo in Ocean City is that we had to say goodbye to the Park Place!

Comments