1601 Atlantic Ave., Ocean City, Maryland, 21842, United States

Road Trip Family Travel Beaches
See Amenities

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 18, 2007

I stayed at Quality Inn Boardwalk from June 13 through June 16, 2007 and was very disappointed with the hotel. First, we had no cold water. Taking a shower, washing your face, etc. was almost impossible.

Second, the condition of the hotel was extremely disappointing. The bathroom and room were rundown along w/ the common areas.

The water in the indoor pool and Jaccuzi looked dirty. I opted not to use the facilities even though the weather didn't allow us to go on the beach.

I was extremely shocked that we weren't offered a different room because of the water problems.

Okay if you get a newly renovated room

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 30, 2007

We have been staying at this hotel for many years and unfortunately the hotel has become run-down after a change in ownership in 1989. However, things are starting to improve at the Quality Inn. The rooms in the tower building have been renovated (a few rooms redone at a time since 2003) and new fencing has been installed around the outdoor pools. The weak points of the hotel are that it has a lot of maintenance issues that need to be corrected. The elevators in the tower building are slow (I am not even sure if the elevators in the main building work), the whole indoor pool area could use a good cleaning and updating, especially the unisex bathroom. The one sauna doesn't seem to work and the hot tub is very old. If you plan to stay at this hotel, please ask for a premium oceanfront room in the tower building. These rooms are newly renovated and are worth the extra money. I believe that all of the rooms in the tower building have been redone at this time. I would avoid the motel units and the northern view (I like to call them the Holiday Inn view rooms) rooms, which I have heard haven't been redone in decades. If you come here expecting a 4 or 5 resort you will be disappointed.

Unique Quality: One of the best things about this hotel besides its location is the staff. We have encountered many problems during our stays at the hotel and the front desk staff has always done a good job of seeing that the problems get corrected in a timely manner. For example, one time a previous guest had shut the in-room safe, which you are not supposed to do, so we could not open the safe. We notified the front desk and they sent someone up within minutes to unlock the safe so that we could use it. I am so glad to see that the hotel is making some improvements, both inside and out. The tower rooms really needed to be redone (the last time they were redone was in 1989) and I hope that the remainder of the rooms will be redone in the years to come. I also hope that the hotel will give the indoor pool area some TLC, as they seem to do a decent job keeping the two large outdoor pools clean. The Holiday Inn and Suites next door is a much newer and nicer hotel but is outrageously overpriced in the summertime for the short amount of time spent in the room when you are out and about during the day. If you are looking for an affordable, clean place to stay in a convenient location, try a premium room at the Quality Inn Boardwalk.

Directions: 17th Street and Boardwalk

• Free Parking
  • Kitchenette
  • Suites

Ocean City Travel Forum

Need advice about Ocean City, Maryland? Visit the Travel Forum for Ocean City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ocean City hotel reviews