1601 Atlantic Ave., Ocean City, Maryland, 21842, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

• Quality Inn Boardwalk

I stayed at Quality Inn Boardwalk from June 13 through June 16, 2007 and was very disappointed with the hotel. First, we had no cold water. Taking a shower, washing your face, etc. was almost impossible.

Second, the condition of the hotel was extremely disappointing. The bathroom and room were rundown along w/ the common areas.

The water in the indoor pool and Jaccuzi looked dirty. I opted not to use the facilities even though the weather didn't allow us to go on the beach.

I was extremely shocked that we weren't offered a different room because of the water problems.

• Okay if you get a newly renovated room

We have been staying at this hotel for many years and unfortunately the hotel has become run-down after a change in ownership in 1989. However, things are starting to improve at the Quality Inn. The rooms in the tower building have been renovated (a few rooms redone at a time since 2003) and new fencing has been installed around the outdoor pools. The weak points of the hotel are that it has a lot of maintenance issues that need to be corrected. The elevators in the tower building are slow (I am not even sure if the elevators in the main building work), the whole indoor pool area could use a good cleaning and updating, especially the unisex bathroom. The one sauna doesn't seem to work and the hot tub is very old. If you plan to stay at this hotel, please ask for a premium oceanfront room in the tower building. These rooms are newly renovated and are worth the extra money. I believe that all of the rooms in the tower building have been redone at this time. I would avoid the motel units and the northern view (I like to call them the Holiday Inn view rooms) rooms, which I have heard haven't been redone in decades. If you come here expecting a 4 or 5 resort you will be disappointed.

Unique Quality: One of the best things about this hotel besides its location is the staff. We have encountered many problems during our stays at the hotel and the front desk staff has always done a good job of seeing that the problems get corrected in a timely manner. For example, one time a previous guest had shut the in-room safe, which you are not supposed to do, so we could not open the safe. We notified the front desk and they sent someone up within minutes to unlock the safe so that we could use it. I am so glad to see that the hotel is making some improvements, both inside and out. The tower rooms really needed to be redone (the last time they were redone was in 1989) and I hope that the remainder of the rooms will be redone in the years to come. I also hope that the hotel will give the indoor pool area some TLC, as they seem to do a decent job keeping the two large outdoor pools clean. The Holiday Inn and Suites next door is a much newer and nicer hotel but is outrageously overpriced in the summertime for the short amount of time spent in the room when you are out and about during the day. If you are looking for an affordable, clean place to stay in a convenient location, try a premium room at the Quality Inn Boardwalk.

Directions: 17th Street and Boardwalk

More about Quality Inn Boardwalk

"not so" Quality Inn Boardwalk

Will not go back, for 2 people, 2 nights, partial view, 531.00.........this is what we got... a room that smelled awful! no one to come make the beds, or give us clean towels, a sliding door that you needed a crowe bar to open..wow, what a deal! i would not recommend!!! have been going to the ocean for 23 years, and have to say.........one of the worse places.

Stay elsewhere - wish I had

by TripAdvisor Member reilly99

My family rented a total of 3 rooms here for an early Mother's Day weekend. Big mistake. Had I not been concerned about finding 3 rooms on short notice, I would have immediately gone elsewhere after seeing what the rooms looked like.

There are a few favorable reviews of this hotel by others, and I can only assume these fortunate souls were able to book one of a limited number of renovated rooms which are available. But please beware - many, if not most, of the rooms are rundown and in dire need of renovation. The plumbing and kitchen fixtures appear to be relics from the 70's. If you must stay here, only do so if you can book a renovated room.

The interior hallways were dark and dreary, with tired, dirty carpet. The exterior walkways were dirty, stained concrete and very poorly lit. All three of our rooms (two of which were oceanfront) were run-down and dirty. Wallpaper, carpet and blankets were stained. The room looked like it had not been vacuumed. The sliding glass door to the balcony was nearly impossible to open. A half eaten cookie left by a prior guest was underneath a bed. There were holes in the upholstery of the furniture and a small hole in the drywall of one of the walls. A bathroom sink in one room had no stopper covering the drain. Another sink had a cracked handle. The air conditioning vent was extremely rusted. The tile in the bathrooms had an ample supply of black mildew. A heat lamp in one of the bathrooms would not turn off. The phone in one room suddenly stopped working in the middle of a conversation. I'm sure I'm forgettIng things...I should have made a list before I left.

I also did not feel safe staying here. For starters, after I checked in, another guest was given keys to the same room as mine. Not very comforting to find another person opening your hotel room door... Then a very unapologetic night manager acted annoyed when I went to the front desk to complain and I was told I needed to move to a different room. I had apparently been given keys to the wrong room. Nothing was done to compensate me for the error - I was treated like a problem guest for being unhappy that a stranger had been given access to my room.

When I was moved to another room, I found the deadbolt on the door did not work. Also, some doors (not mine) had the hinges on the outside - so that the door could potentially be removed from outside. The hotel was also extremely noisy - sound traveled through the walls so well that the sound of a shower in the adjacent room made it hard to hear the TV. And several guests in the hotel itself were noisy and obnoxious in the middle of the night.

One last comment - the location of the pool immediately to the right of the elevators in the lobby is a safety hazard. The floor in that area is ceramic tile, and visitors coming out of the pool track water on the floor, directly in front of the elevator, which makes it treacherous. I almost slipped and fell after stepping off the elevator and onto the wet ceramic tile floor. Management should at least put some mats or runners down to prevent people from slipping. I was thankful to get my 79 year-old mother out of there at the end of the weekend without having fractured a hip.

I have stayed at the Princess Royale around 91st Street. - it was immaculate and was in the same price range. I could have stayed there and wish that I had... Avoid the Quality Inn Boardwalk at all costs unless you like a dump.... And an expensive one at that....

Quality Inn is not a quality hotel

by TripAdvisor Member has2be

We arrived at the Quality Inn hotel which is located on 17th St. and the Boarwalk in Ocean City Maryland. The place looked like it was never remodeled from when it was built in the 1960's. It had a Kitchenette which the stove kinda worked but you couldn't see the temp because all of the numbers were worn off of all the knobs, The floor was filthy because my baby got black knees from crawling around, The screen door was falling out of its track, and all of the bathroom fixtures need replaced because they are just old. We complained and actually they cleaned the floor a little better but the only suggestion they had was we could leave and they would not charge us. And it was in mid August so we could not find another hotel with a vacancy. We managed to have a nice vacation anyway but I will never ever stay there again

average hotel - nice location

by TripAdvisor Member oceanlover93

Stayed at the hotel in august, 2005 and was unsure I wanted to stay their after reading the reviews but it was not that bad. The rooms were nice except the bathroom is in need of a remodeling. The location of the hotel is wonderful. We had a sideview of the ocean and it was not a bad view at all. Right outside your door is the beautiful beach and the nice boardwalk. I would stay again but would see if they have any rooms with newer bathrooms.

No quality @ the Quality Inn Broadwalk

We have been going to OC for many years, but this is the first time we stayed at the Quality Inn Broadwalk. This is the worst hotel we ever stayed in. There was mold and rust on the ceiling in the bathroom and main room. The kitchen was horrible. The sliding door was very hard to open. The whole room was in bad need of repair and updating. We will never go to this hotel again.

Favorite...

by TripAdvisor Member mark91178

I just really don't know what people are looking for. It's a hotel, not a resort!
Now, i've never stayed here in peak season, the rates for this hotel, and any other hotel at the beach in peak season are ridiculous. Nothing is worth paying $200+ a night for.
We normally go off season and we get VERY good rates, especially during the week.
-But-

This is one of the better hotels on the boardwalk as far as amenities. They have a good pool, as well as two hot tubs. it's very private. The balconies are good size. The staff here have always been friendly and helpful. I've never had any problems.
People talk about the quality of the fitchen in the efficiencies. I've never seen an efficiency that didn't have original 60's or 70's hardware in it. It's always old. You're not supposed to be doing your best Emeril imitation in your hotel room.
I've never seen any rust in the bathrooms. I don't remember them being terribly outdated.
You will have problems opening sliding doors when there is a constant stream over salt being blown onto the metal from the ocean. It corrodes it...
Overall, I hope to make a trip back this winter...

You get your money's worth

The rooms are absolutely huge! Although we stayed here just as the season was ending (Oct 1st), the hotel was full. Good service and very clean room but, the hotel is a bit old and shows the wear & tear of too many college parties. (Not unexpected as most hotels in OC were built in the early 60's and have been the scene of much debauchery over the years). The hotel owners need to hire a couple of good home repair/maintenance guys to address the "special cleaning" and just common repair items such as the chipping caulk around the sink and tub. The kit efficiency, 2 TV's, couch and etc overshadow the few cosmetic and maintenace issues. Great value for the price we paid but, we would not want to pay full price ($200+) during peak season.

Not too bad as others stated...

by TripAdvisor Member SteveDvrcd

for an old hotel it has it's share of "expected" problems. We were ovecharged for the room and that was never resolved. My confirmation had a different price and I had writen it down but they sent it to the wrong email address. They said they were unable to recover the confirmation email or record because we had already checked in which caused it to be cleared from their database. (I FOUND THIS TO BE BAD INFORMATION LATER) We spent an extra $20 per night but I figured an extra $60 to see the hotel managers true colors was worth it. So, besides one of the hotel managers, I found the staff to be cordial consisting mostly of russian students. Our room was average and clean with no oders. The elevators were slow as expected but most hotels in Ocean City have this issue. Although I had small children with me I would not reccomend this place for families with kids or people wanting an extended stay. Overall it's not bad but is overpriced. I will not return except under different conditions.

Comments