Ramada Limited Ocean City

Good For No Data

More about Ocean City

Oh crapOh crap

The Famous Thrasher's French FriesThe Famous Thrasher's French Fries

Bring your volley ball!Bring your volley ball!

Ocean from my hotel roomOcean from my hotel room

Planning a Family Reunion at OC MD

by kkane714

I have volunteered to organize this reunion for the 1st weekend after Labor Day. The family has chosen OC MD even though no one has ever been there? I am on the Left Coast now and haven't a clue. On line I found Northside Park (125 St.). Is this a good place for a 50+ person BBQ on a Saturday?

Also, regarding hotels, what area is best for a group to stay? How about Downtown Boardwalk or Convention Center Area or the Northside or does anyone have other suggestions. There will be no rug rats, a few teens, 30's thru 50's and a a bit older. Any ideas?

Re: Planning a Family Reunion at OC MD

by ViajesdelMundo

I am originally from Baltimore and we spent many summer vacations in OC; left the area 1969, but have been back a few times in recent years. (i.e., I am not the best one to recommend specific place, but can advise on the area)

The downtown/boardwalk area would probably be the best area if you have a large group, because it has more variety to offer everyone. But also further up, are the larger hotels and that area is fine too, just doesn't have the amusements available downtown. Both areas have the fabulous wide beach; that doesn't change!

Am not sure what the local restrictions are on having a BBQ? my idea is that it might be quite restrictive, as I do not recall ever seeing that done, but again, I have not been there a whole lot in recent times...
but instead of that, have you considered having the local specialty: STEAMED CRAB FEAST?? This would be different and most people enjoy them and you can have other foods too, of course (steamed shrimp, corn on the cob, BBQ Ribs, etc.). You could either go to a restaurant specializing in steamed crabs, or order ahead, to take back to your place. PHILLIPS Crab House is one of the old good places, as well as HOOPERS.

Re: Planning a Family Reunion at OC MD

by Garyb425

If you are from the west coast you may find Ocean City to be a bit of a shock - it is row upon row of condos and motels. I live about an hour's drive from there and can't stand to visit the place, I am originally from the Monterey Peninsula and it never ceases to amaze me that the east coast has allowed so many nice beaches to be destroyed by so much development. Fortunately you are going after Labor Day - prior to that the place would be horribly over-crowded (unless you like that sort of thing). That week tends to be a little slower.

I'm afraid I have limited info as far as the hotels - the north side is row upon row of condos (seriously, something like 80 blocks of them), the south part is where the boardwalk with the rides, etc is located.

I'm not a fan of east coast beach towns (at least those located south of Maine), but to me this one of the worst. A little slice of the Jersey shore on the Delmarva peninsula...

I wish you good luck with the reunion wherever it is held!

As far as the crab feast, it is not a bad idea but if people are not from this area they may be a little put off as it basically requires the dissection of a crab - which many non-locals view as fairly repulsive!

Travel Tips for Ocean City

Ocean City Tip

by S_J_Miller

Getting on our boats and having some fun.
This was an awesome day.
The kind of day that you hold its memory long after the day is done.

My boat is the one on the left, another friend was taking pictures from his boat, sorry they aren't so clear, but we had fun.
Please remember all the rules of safety when your in the water and/or on a boat.

Best Breakfast Buffet on the Boardwalk!!

by tpangelinan about Phillips By the Sea

We have had this breakfast many, many times, and always...4 Star Service, Food, and we have given it our 'Personal Award' for
Best Breakfast on the Boardwalk!!
You better go hungry!
Go very early, and you will have little wait, they open at 8AM. Ask for a table by the window, and you will not be dissapointed by this all you can eat, ocean front, cloth table cloths, and cloth napkins, award winning hotel's charms! Breakfast and dinner are both excellent. We always stop for the $8.95 All you can eat breakfast buffet.
Eggs Benidict, Pancakes or Waffles, Fresh Fruit and Pastry, Bacon, Sausage, cheese blintzes, or breakfast egg rolls (always a little different every day, so go every day and see what the surprise is)!

Fun Vacation for Everyone!!

by ebnoia

As a child, my parents, sister, aunt, uncle and three cousins would all take one week during the summer to vacation in Ocean City, Maryland. As the area has changed quite a bit, I still have some wonderful memories of spending quality time with my family there. The last trip with my family was in 1995 but I went in 2002 with friends. Quite a different experience. I am in the process of rallying up the family for another family trip there next summer and I think I finally convinced everyone. There will be a total of 15 people. I can't wait.

Our vacations to OC revolved around the beach and food. Spending the day relaxing on the beach, with a break for lunch and then heading down to the boardwalk or out to dinner. Almost anyone can find something they like in OC when it comes to food, and entertainment.

Anyway, here is my "ode" to OC!

Comments