Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Executive Meeting Center

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 547 reviews
Hotels.com Expedia.com
nikokritikos's Profile Photo

hidden fees, robot employees, way overpriced

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 11, 2015

While away for 2 weeks on business, I stayed a week across the street at a competitor, then made my boss switch the accommodations across the street to the hilton because of the pool and beautiful lobby. you would think we would have been treated like royalty because this is their off season and there were only 10 other guests in the whole hotel, so we had 2 rooms booked for a week. I deeply regret this move, the hilton in rockville was horrible in the following ways.

I bought the $26 steak and it was horrible, I asked for medium and it was burnt well done, of course in room was closed to call about it by the time I got to sit and enjoy my meal. So it went to waste. even well done it was definately not to the standards of $26.

I always put the do not disturb sign on my door because I do not want ANYONE in my room while i am not there, The front desk guy said he was going to slip a parking pass under my door, but not only did this guy enter my room and stuck the parking pass on the desk, but he took down my do not disturb sign, and the maid came and cleaned my room. That is highly unacceptable, now a couple or few people have entered my room.

THE PARKING HERE IS $15 A DAY, NO EXCEPTIONS, AND THERE IS NO OTHER PARKING ANYWHERE ELSE. YOU ARE FORCED TO PAY THIS HIDDEN FEE. BEWARE
(across the street at the other hotel you can park in their garage for $8)

The website says "morning breakfast (surcharge) well, this surcharge is $16 for the little breakfast, I was expecting a small charge for a breakfast, or even a free continental breakfast, not $16....

the front desk will give you a smile, but it was a bit zombie like in the hotel, no conversation, no liveliness, like a bunch of robots.

We had 3 guys in a room, it was made very clear that we couldnt have an extra bed because if fire laws, even though the website is misleading by saying extra (rollaway) beds available but they said they are only for the king bed rooms. that didnt help, so we had one guy sleeping on the floor for a week. they gave us a really hard time about the extra blankets and pillows, didnt want to give us another comforter, when the maid did come to clean, she took them all and we had to have more delivered in the evening after a long day of work.

On the positive side the pool is really cool, in the summer you can swim from indoor pool to the outdoor pool.
The lobby and hotel is really pretty, it has an indoor atrium, very pretty.

This was not a good experience at all, when we were across the street at the first hotel we stayed at, we sat downstairs at the bar and joked with all the staff for hours and felt like a family. Hilton was way too overpriced and stuffy and the workers were not fun friendly, too much like robots. theres also no shuttle here, I guess we were just pampered before, because they had a shuttle to take you anywhere you wanted to go, whenever you wanted to go there.

travelingdanna's Profile Photo

Doubletree Hotel at Twinbrook Metro

by written on December 27, 2004

I haven't stayed at this hotel, but we once had a mini-family reunion and ate at a restaurant in the Doubletree, and I think family members stayed there. So I can't say much about the facilities, but it seems like a really nice, comfortable hotel from what I saw.

Unique Quality: The one thing I do know about the Doubletree is that the Twinbrook Metro station is practically in the hotel's back parking lot. So I think this would be an ideal place to stay for someone who wants a quick commute into DC the next day.

Nearby Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Executive Meeting Center

Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Executive Meeting Center

• Hilton Rockville
  • Rockville Hilton
  • Hilton Hotel Rockville
  • Hilton Washington Dc/rockville Executive Meeting Hotel Rockville

Address: 1750 Rockville Pike, (formerly Doubletree Hotel), Rockville, Maryland, 20852-1699, United States

Amenities at Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Executive Meeting Center

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Rockville Travel Forum

Need advice about Rockville, Maryland? Visit the Travel Forum for Rockville and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Rockville hotel reviews