210 North Talbot Street, Saint Michaels, Maryland, 21663, United States

Booking.com Priceline.com

• Nice Inn...But not as Advertised

The Parsonage Inn in St. Michael MD is a very beautiful house, the rooms were clean, decorated beautifully and smelled very nice...The cook and house keeper Deb was very warm and welcoming and made us very good and filling breakfasts but she is not a chef as advertised on their website...The food was good but not as advertised.

We did have some issues with the stay. On the website they advertised an Afternoon Tea with cookies, brownies or pastry in their parlor that never happened even after it was requested. The owner Will even told us that on Saturday he would make sure that the Afternoon Tea was prepared for us but when we made sure we where at the inn at the scheduled time no one was at the inn and the house was dark.

There were tools, drywall, empty boxes, cat litter boxes, tipped over planters, dead plants and trash around the Inn that took away from the atmosphere. The outside of the inn could have used a good cleaning.

The inn keeper didn't make sure the heat or air conditioning was on and left without informing the guests where to turn on the heat or air conditioning. Since there were no thermostats located in the rooms, the rooms got very cold early in the mornings and very hot in the late afternoons.

It felt like the Inn wasn't ready for guests since Will the innkeeper was on vacation for three weeks and had only 3 hours sleep when we arrived at 4pm on Friday. The kitchen was not stocked there wasn't even ice for the guests to use in their ice buckets or enough sugar or cream for coffee that was out for the guest.

Unique Quality: No great views, no pool, no hot tub, no chef, no ice....
    Room was decorated nicely and the bed was very nice...
    Breakfast was good but not prepared by a Chef as advertised.
    Will the Innkeeper was not the nicest man....doesn't take care of his guests very well...

Directions: St Micheal's MD

More about Parsonage Inn

A Delightful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member adirondackgal

What a delightful experience!!! I was on a decoy buying trip this past February and while visiting the quaint historic town of St. Michaels, I spent 2 very comfortable nights in the Parsonage Inn (located at 210 North Talbot St.). My room, the former Wedding Chapel, was comfortable, well appointed, and immaculate. Char and Bill Wilhelm, the new innkeepers, were great fun and most accommodating. In addition to the lovely room, the made-to-order breakfasts were outstanding! Bill is a Master Chef and enjoys surprising his guests with all kinds of breakfast delectables. I had "berry stuffed" pancakes one morning and a fresh herb and vegetable omelet the next. Simply delicious! Right next door is the "209" Restaurant, which might be the best kept secret on the Eastern Shore. They offer an exciting and extensive menu that the discerning guest will love.
I highly recommend The Parsonage Inn and the quaint town of Saint Michaels!!

PERFECT WEEKEND

by TripAdvisor Member lkardux

I hate to let the secret out but this inn is too wonderful to pass by. The rates were reasonable considering the annual food and wine fest was that weekend. I found other inns' rates were highly inflated. The innkeepers, Char and Bill, exuded friendly warmth , charm and the highest professionalism. The rooms were clean and beautiful. Bill is a gourmet chef . His 5 star breakfasts are beautifuly presented and superb. Don't even try to watch your diet, his cooking is worth the decadence.There are fresh, warm baked goods to tide you over while waiting for breakfast. I drink coffee in the morning strictly for the caffeine but i could not resist having an extra cup of their sumatra coffee which was the best coffee I ever tasted. At the town bakeshop, I asked for a piece of chocolate cake to go with a chocolate zinfandel I had purchased. I returned to the inn, only to find they had given me vanilla cake with chocolate icing. After telling the story, the next teatime a homemade chocolate cake was waiting to be sampled with my wine. Char and Bill have great energy and attract such guests. I tend to be shy but I really enjoyed conversing with the other guests. If you want a simple, fun relaxing weekend, with great food. St Michaels and the Parsonage is the place to be. It is perfect for that romantic getaway or a girls weekend away.

Great Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member Two_Bicyclers

We stayed in Room 7 of the Parsonage for 2 nights. The room was clean and well furnished, but a little on the small side. Breakfasts at the inn were very nice. There are seatings at fixed times (8:30 and 9:30). We would have preferred earlier, but understand the need for fixed times given the types of breakfast served. The first morning was a pumpkin bread pudding. I'm not that big on bread puddings, but it was very well done and the local sausage served with it was excellent. The second day, poached eggs with crab and a hollandaise sauce and has browns, was excellent. There were also some rolls/cakes available, and a cake in the afternoon. The proprietors were very friendly and helpful. The gave advice before and after the trip, recommend roads to ride our bikes on, sold us discount tickets for the museum, recommended restaurants, and were very pleasant and friendly. St. Michael's itself was also great. The bicycle riding was excellent. We enjoyed the Chesapeake Bay Museum, the seafood, and walking around the town. Overall, we had a great weekend away. One warning: the inn is on the main street and some of the other guests said that it was a little noisey at night. Our room was in the back and we had no problem with noise.

A Charming Bit of History

by TripAdvisor Member TravelerPhila_

Innkeepers, Char and Bill, offer a unique, charming and well-appointed B&B in the lovely quaint town of St. Michael's, MD. The Parsonage location on the main street is ideal and within short walking distances to shops, restaurants and the very worthwhile Maritime Museum on the wharf.. Delicious pastries are available in the parlor to early risers with coffee and tea, followed later by a complete gourmet breakfast prepared by chef Bill. My family enjoyed a suite of two connecting rooms each with bath and use of a most comfortable semi-private deck. Both Char and Bill are very attentive and personable and share much local yore and stories of the area. It was a very enjoyable vacation and we highly recommend The Parsonage as a B&B. We felt it was a good dollar value.

B&B with personal attention

by TripAdvisor Member Binzer9

Thank you for your exceptional attention to detail to ensure the guests for our daughter's wedding were well taken care of. Everyone who stayed at the Parsonage Inn called me to tell me how much they loved staying there. They raved about the gourmet breakfasts and the hospitality of the management. I have stayed there twice in the last year, and as a result, recommended this B&B for our wedding guests.

Wonderful Respite

by TripAdvisor Member LianneDC

Really enjoyed Char's and Bill's hospitality, scrumptious breakfast and the peace and quiet of St Michaels. The inn is perfectly located at the end of the shops and cafes on Talbot, so it's a quiet place to get away yet enjoy all that St Michaels has to offer by strolling down the street.

208 Talbot next door is a great restaurant, and it's worth your time to drive toward Tilghman Island and turn off at Lowes Wharf Marina for a fantastic view of sunset from a sand "beach" and tiki bar.

The Parsonage, a gem in St. Michaels, MD

by TripAdvisor Member visitor2552

pleasant hosts, sweet little inn in a charming, but small town, a very good breakfast (innkeeper is a cook with cooking experience), friendly but not hovering owners. The rooms are small but plenty adequate. Our front room second floor room was on the street which was surprisingly active throughout the night--diesel powered trucks and pick ups heading toward and from Tilghman Island, we supposed. So, as we recently advised friends who will be biking in St. Michaels area, choose the Parsonage for sure, but stay in a back room.

There is also a very good restaurant right next door with an interesting menu which fulfills its promises, in an old inn/pub type of decor.

Eastern Shore Gem

by TripAdvisor Member Trailrunner60

Our innkeepers, Char and Bill, really make you feel like a true guest. They both spend time to get to know you like meeting a new friend. We spent two nights at the inn and the location is situtated at the end of downtown. Since we were attending a wedding at Perry Cabins, across the street, it became a perfect fit. Our first floor room had a king size bed that was extremely comfortable, a fireplace that we didn't use due to the weather and a ceiling fan for temperature control. Our room was spacious considering when it was built and decorated with well appointed pieces. The tiled bathroom and shower were average size but modern. Our room faced the street but the passing traffic didn't seem to affect our sleep. The room could use an additional mirror and wastebasket.

The gourmet breakfast fare was appealing and destined to fill you up for the day. The parlor room had coffee, assorted teas and muffins available before and after breakfast. We arrived on Friday afternoon and Bill had made a light and airy chocolate cake to go with the beverages. We agreed to the 8:30 a.m. seating and met a couple from Maryland and another women from Pennsylvania. There were bicycles and helmets available but the weather wasn't conducive to cyclding.
Definitely recommended.

Fabulous Stay at the Parsonage Inn

by TripAdvisor Member SF_Herndon

My stay at the Parsonage Inn exceeded my expectations. The Innkeepers made all the guests feel as if we were all family. My room was fairytalelike and the breakfasts were beyond incredible. I will most definitely return to St. Michael's and to The Parsonage Inn.

There were many fun things to do in St. Michael's and the surrounding towns, so you won't be bored. Or, bring along a book and sit out on the lovely front porch and get some long sought after reading done.

For anyone that's single, bed & breakfasts are the way to go.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LBJMTravels

This was a great hotel. The innkeepers were friendly and provided delicious breakfasts and afternoon tea. The hotel's in a convenient location and it's easy to walk everywhere in St. Michaels.

Comments