4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Belmond.com Expedia.com

Costs 65% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

The Inn at Perry Cabin

We only walked throught the lobby and enjoyed the waterfront grounds here. Expensive, but it looks worth it.

More about The Inn at Perry Cabin

Heavenly Perry cabin

My husband and i feel that the Inn at Perry cabin is our home away from home. We are seasoned and particular travelers and we would not want to see anything changed. The front desk staff are fantastic and extremely helpful. Friendliness of all the staff members is the hall mark of the Inn. the gardens are exquisite and the floral decorations in the house are second to none. We go there at least four times a year in all seasons and are always struck by how lovely everything looks. the dining room is lovely cheerful and tended to by a fabulous wait staff as well as a super maitre de. We just returned and i am looking for fall dates. We are already booked in for the new years weekend which we have done so for years. this is truly a place where while you are there you are able to leave all the stress of the world behind. The property albiet beautiful is nothing without this particular management and staff. Perry cabin do not change a thing. Jand J arlington Va. Perry cabin you are the best ( title of review)

fabulous restaurant.

by TripAdvisor Member trip3333

Inn at Perry Cabin is the best place to stay in St. Michaels. The rooms are quite nice--most with a view of the river. The air conditioning was not working in our room. We were upgraded to a suite at no extra cost. The bathroom was as big as a living room!. The service was excellent. But best was the restaurant. The food was served professionally and was top notch. The place needed a bit of fixing up. But don't get me wrong, it was lovely for St. Michaels. The pool was heated, too.

Fantastic Stay at the Inn

by TripAdvisor Member lisvelasco2001

We went to the Inn at Perry Cabin for our Anniversary celebration. I had requested a noon check-in unpon making the reservtion and was told that they would put in the request. I called at 10:00 that morning and was told that they didn't think the room would be ready at that time but to come in when we arrived and register.

We arrived around 11:45 am and walked around for 15 min until the room was ready. I had booked a Studio room that had a water view. I got a mid week special rate for $295. A younger gentleman took us and our luggage to the room. It was INCREDIBLE...the entry way, bathroom, bedroom to the amazing view of the water. Everything was beautiful and perfect. It was room #66.

The person who made our reservation also made us dinner reservations for that evening at 208 Talbot. It was a delicious meal, never to be forgotten.

It could not have been a better place to spend our anniversary and we hope to go back in the future.

Lovely

by TripAdvisor Member abarasol

Just returned from a lovely stay.
The Inn was delightful. The restaurant service did not live up to the caliber or price of the food. The pool was in a very nice setting; however, the water cooler, trash removal and towel service needed better servicing.
The room was very clean, but the (perhaps part time summer) housekeeping staff needs some better training. We were awakened one morning before 8:30 and asked when we wanted our room cleaned. We told the young lady that 9:45 would be fine. At 2:00 we called to see when our room would be serviced and finally it was done by 3:00.
All considered we would return; however, we were somewhat dissapointed.

Potential to go both ways

by TripAdvisor Member vancouver_realtor

This is a very expensive beautiful boutique sized hotel located right next door and a 5 minute walk to the picturesque town of St. Michaels. They filmed “The Wedding Crashers” here, but apparently they no longer do weddings? My husband was finishing a movie in the area and I was on vacation visiting him.
First there really is no better place to stay in the area that I could see. The history and quaintness of the Inn are most apparent and the hotel attempts to provide premium service. We were being treated and were supposed to have a really great room, but due to a full house, were given a room in the “historic” side of the hotel (#34). The room was very quaint, but didn’t not hold a candle to the opulent rooms on the “new” side of the hotel. We had a nice balcony and a pleasant view, but not the picturesque bay view, queen sized bed, not a king and the bathroom was very small, though pretty and renovated to the lesser version of the new side (still nice) - no fridge and the carpet was an old green thing. However, the bed was amazingly comfortable and those sheets that every mentions….well they’re right on.
The biggest issue for us was no internet access, so we mentioned this to the manager. He fussed around and offered us a board room. I wasn’t interested in spending part of my holiday in the boardroom, as I still had some business to attend to and didn’t want to have to go and sit some miserable backside conference room for hours. They tried to set me up in the library and that wasn’t great. The really fabulous change came about when Paul (not the manager, but not sure who he is) finally, after 2 days, managed to get us into the new section. Room #80 amazing! What a bathroom…. with white marble and limestone, separate glass shower, old fashioned free standing soaker tub, 2 sinks and mirrors and a separate room for your toilet within the bathroom. The suite also included a 2nd bathroom (a separate powder room), sitting area with fireplace, king sized bed, flat screen TV and a balcony, yes, overlooking the gorgeous bay. Perfect!
In fact, I don’t think it gets much better. Since we are not paying (even more perfect), I have no idea what the cost is, but I know that regular rooms are $450.00, so it must be a lot. The service at this hotel is hit and miss. The front desk tries very hard and some are really great and others are average. There is free coffee in the morning and Terry happily made me a complimentary pot of tea each morning which became a morning ritual on the terrace along with reading one of the many papers offered to guests. I did make the mistake of assuming the afternoon tea service was also complimentary and helped myself to some of the nicest tea and best baked goods ever (I had a cookie and scone with lemon curd and homemade jam), only to get a bill for $18 - my mistake. The hotel is expensive. The service is a good effort. The older rooms need some work. The new rooms are fabulous. The gym is only adequate, the pool is nice, but would love it if it were on the ocean side, they provide bicyles for free and the town and surrounding areas are cute as a button. There is not much to do but relax. I’d definitely come again.

good but not great

by TripAdvisor Member diane119

the setting was lovely. the room fine and the room service fine, but the staff was unneven mostly young and unprofessional, not adequately trained or knowledgable about the region although the dining room was lovely was lovely and the food exellent the wait staff was not up to the standards of a fine hotel. the people working in the bar were older and more professional. we can only recommend the hotel for a short stay. one night two at the most.

Disappointed on our Anniversary

My husband and I thought we'd found the perfect place to vacation for our first anniversary. A little over an hour's drive away from home, and from the reviews we'd read, sounded just wonderful. We were hoping this would become a family tradition--annual anniversary vacation at IPC. We were extremely disappointed. We arrived and upon walking in immediately realized this was no five star retreat, but hoped the rooms and the service would wow us. The front desk was two small desks in what seemed like the middle of a hallway. We were greeted by two high-school looking girls who meant well but obviously had no idea what they were doing. They explained that it had been a busy night and our room was not ready. I asked how long it would be and they replied they couldn't really say. We decided to go walk around the town and aked that they phone us on the cell when the room was ready. Almost two hours later, we'd had lunch and managed to visit every shop in the small town and still no call. We wearily found our way back to the IPC and were told that our room had 'just turned over.' It would take another 30 minutes to get a bellman to help us get our things to the room. We had booked a studio room--their equivalent of a junior suite, and we were looking forward to our private terrace overlooking the beautiful water views--like you see on the website. I asked again if our room had a water view and they assured us that it did. What we actually got was a view of the federally mandated wetlands on the property, and unfortunately (what a surprise) they were completely booked and had no place else to put us. The 'private terrace' was another disappointment. We opened the back door to find that the small ice cream table and chairs there were draped with bathing suits and under-garments obviously belonging to the people in the adjoining room with whom we surprise surprise 'shared' a terrace. They obviously didn't realize or care that they were sharing, and kept it occupied during the remainder of our stay. When I asked about this at the front desk, they said I should have requested a room with a 'completely private' terrace when I made the reservation....of course you wouldn't know to ask for this unless you'd been there done that. Yes, the sheets and towels were nice and the bathroom was luxurious...but you'd expect that when you're paying almost $500 a night for a room...and what a tiny room it was!! The 'infinity' pool was equally disappointing...small and outdated and the water was cold. Dinner at the inn's restaurant was pleasant but extremely overpriced. We shared an appetizer, salad and dessert, each had an entree--no alcohol-- and paid almost $200. I ordered crab cakes at $45 and got ONE crab cake. Everything we had was albeit delicious but the service was lacking. At breakfast the next morning our waitress disappeared for about a half hour and we had to find the pot and refill our own coffee. The best part of our vacation at IPC was the bicycles on the property...my husband and I really enjoyed riding around the small town and seeing the maritime museum... but that's not enough to bring us back to the IPC. If anyone has a suggestion for our next anniversary, it'd be much appreciated.

Nothing but 5 stars !

I took my husband for his birthday to this lovely hotel and it was such a wonderful stay. I don't know how anyone could NOT have a great time. It is beautiful, charming and relaxing.

We also went on a sunset cruise aboard the Selina II with Capt. Iris and it was terrific!

We want to go back already !

Orient Express hotel ... A country inn ...

by TripAdvisor Member _de_last_one

When you first enter this hotel, one has to remember that it is an historic inn so expectations must not be compared with a hotel.

For an inn, it is excellent. The hotel grounds are beautifully landscaped against the backdrop of the bay. We were there at the same time as a huge corporation was having a company event so most of the rooms are booked. Luckily, we had managed to secure a studio suite in one of their newer wings that make the best use of the waterfront. We got room #76 ( prefer the Master suite next door, room #75, it has a seperate living room with doors that close off the bedroom. The deck is also bigger and the furnishing is nicer with a sofa and chairs with a TV armoire).

The hotel has a converted a suite into a gym that has a tiny outdoor patio with great landscaping. The gym is very tiny but adequate (you arent in St. Michaels to keep fit), the reception has a few adjoining reception areas for lounging. In one, you can find a computer if you need to check emails (complimentary except that it is a dial up so patience is needed !). The outdoor patio for dining is wonderful and the restaurant serve great food for lunches and dinners (their signature dish of appetizers - crab spring rolls are a little on the bland side but their soup is excellent ! Their rock fish with scallops is amazing so is the tuna with japanese seaweed salad. The salmon with asparagus is awesome).

The town is pretty small so a weekend is enough. The golf courses arent fantastic. The canoeing was a little disappointing as it is done on the bay rather than a body of running river like a river. There isnt a bike path and at the moment they are working on the road so it wasnt that much fun riding around town on a bike. Sailing is better than the other activities.

Food has to be the highlight of any trip to St. Michaels. The food is excellent esp. 208 Talbots (it was so good the first time we keep going back, must try the lamb chop, carb cakes, duck spring rolls and bouillabaisse, steak is ok not as great as the others). Bistro is good as well (but excellence is given to 208 Talbots, even better than the gourmet restaurant at the Inn). Bistro has an excellent seafood cocktail, the crab cocktail is truly amazing as well as the duck entree. In Easton, Columbia and Out of the Fire are great restaurants.

So if you happen to be in St. Michaels, enjoy !

Comments