401 S. Talbot Street, Saint Michaels, Maryland, 21663, United States
Expedia.com Travelocity

More about The Old Brick Inn

A Very Special Getaway Spot!

St. Michaels is a charmning, quaint town with adorable shops and wonderful reestaurants. A friend and I went for a girls' weekend during "Midnight Madness," the first weekend in December when shops remain open until midnight to kick off the holiday shopping season.

Luckily, we chose to stay at the wonderful Old Brick Inn. I have stayed there in the past, but this was my friend's second visit to St. Michaels and first stay at The Old Brick Inn. John and Sallie could not have been more gracious. They were very accommodating and helpful with restaurant recommendations and suggestions, and their breakfasts were wonderful. Check out their website for the Orange/Berry French Toast...you won't be sorry. I forced myself to stop after two large helpings. The room was beautiful, large, and spotless. The beds and linens were pillow soft and, oh, so comfortable.

I always enjoy my visits to St. Michaels, and The Old Brick Inn has become my favorite B&B there...although I'm reluctant to post this because I don't want to let everyone in on my secret!

What a Charm

What a charm! The inn was absolutely terrific. It was quaint and very romantic. The themed rooms really captured the ambiance and added to the romance. The inn keepers, John and Sallie were very accomadating and the breakfasts were incredible. My husband took me there for a surprise get away, but we have decided to make it a once a year get away. It was worth every penny and the experience of a quiet, romantic themed room beats any typical hotel room that we usually stay in. We have become addicted to St. Michaels and The Old Brick Inn.

Our Return to The Old Brick Inn

by TripAdvisor Member emerald511

The Old Brick Inn is so charming and originates back to 1860. Sallie and John Cwik are the most caring innkeepers that we have ever encountered for many reasons. They ensure that all rooms are immaculate, breakfasts are delicious and plentiful. They supplied us with all kinds of information about the area - restaurants, sights to see, etc.

My sweet husband likes to surprise me with "mystery trips". He started "mystery trips" when our now-grown children were toddlers. He surprised me with a trip to The Old Brick Inn for the first time in May of 2005 to celebrate my birthday. At the time I was training for a 60 mile walk for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. When we returned to St. Michaels last month, the day after Christmas, Sallie and John offered us our room free for one night because they appreciated the fact that I completed the 60 mile walk and raised, with my teammate, over $11,000 for breast cancer research. My husband and I were so appreciative and touched by their generosity.

Our daughter Donna and son-in-law Dan were on this visit to St. Michael's with us and they were every bit as pleased as we were with everything about The Old Brick Inn.

St. Michael's is a beautiful, quaint little town and we will definitely stay at The Old Brick Inn when we return again.

Charming B&B

The Old Brick Inn was one of the nicest bed and breakfast we have ever stayed in. The owners were very nice and knowledgeble about the town. The rooms were beautiful and well kept-up. The breakfasts were much more than the typical B&B fare, with warm entries, fresh fruit, etc. We would recommend it highly. St Michaels is very nice as well.

Very nice

by TripAdvisor Member outdoorsArlington_VA

We stayed in the Lady G. room -- and were very pleased by the accomodations. Temperature controls were a bit iffy, but that was our only real complaint. Even though this room faces Mulberry Street, we didn't have any issues with noise or cars. There are rooms above, however, so a noisy neighboring guest could get a bit annoying.

Breakfasts were superb. I couldn't help but go back for more!

Lovely place for a getaway

by TripAdvisor Member easilver

We spent one night in the Thomas Point room at the Old Brick Inn for our anniversary. Usually, there's a two-night minimum, but as it's off season and someone had booked that room for Thursday and Friday, we were able to just book one night for $145 + tax (a deal!).

We arrived at noon and our room was ready. We were invited to partake of some leftover scones from breakfast, which were heavenly. Later, we had cookies and tea/coffee. Breakfast in the morning was amazing with coffee cake, stuffed French toast with blackberry sauce (tasted like pie), sausage, granola, cereal, yogurt, and fruit. You can also take a free water or soda while you're there.

Our room was one of the smaller ones but still had plenty of space and was under the eaves, which I love. The bed was comfy, the bath products were really nice, and the shower had great pressure though the heat would disappear for a few seconds at a time. We snuck peaks in open doors and the larger rooms looked really nice. The common areas were great for sitting and reading or playing games, though the chairs in the breakfast room were weirdly uncomfortable.

Everyone was friendly, and we had a great weekend. I highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting St. Michaels.

We absolutely loved our stay at The Old Brick Inn

This was our first experience at a B&B and we were not disappointed with our experience at all. The innkeepers John and Sallie are absolutely wonderful people who go out of their way to make sure that your experience is an unforgettable one. Both my wife and I made requests of them and they came through like champs.

The Old Brick Inn is very clean, comfortable, and right on the main street in St. Michaels. We stayed in the Chesapeake Room and found it to be out of this world. Every morning we experienced a new breakfast prepared by John and Sallie, it was actually something to look forward to every morning, to see what they would prepare each morning.

Both my wife and I plan on returning again, and would highly recommend that you plan your stay at The Old Brick Inn.

Thank you John and Sallie for making our experience a memorable one.

Al and Janet

Loved the ambiance of the Old Brick Inn!

by TripAdvisor Member hokiewilson2

My husband and I recently stayed at the Old Brick Inn and had a fabulous time! The innkeepers were extremely accomodating and made our stay so special. They even helped my husband to set up a great anniversary weekend, complete with flowers, dinner reservations and a beautiful room. Thank you to the Old Brick Inn!

Charming inn; charming town

St. Michaels is such a beautiful, quaint little town; lots to do, but so relaxing - you can escape the hustle & bustle of life. And the best part of St. Michaels is the Old Brick Inn! Each of the rooms we saw was more beautiful than the next. What a treasure. The hottub was awesome! The Old Brick Inn innkeepers are absolutely delightful, accommodating, and soooo helpful. It just doesn't get any better than this. ...and talk about a gourmet breakfast! Wow!! We're counting down the days till our next visit!

Just perfect

We came to St. Michaels for Valentine's weekend and it just perfect! We chose the Old Brick Inn because of their website, it made it easy to choose a room we really liked, the first one we wanted was not available, The French Country Room, but we really enjoyed Evening in Paris, with the huge bed and fireplace and the beautiful furniture.

Each morning breakfast was an adventure, and like most other people who have posted reviews here, The French toast was amazing, the recipe is on the website and I have made it twice since I got home!

The first night we had dinner at Town Dock, it is right on the water and their food was great, the next day we ate at Scossa in Easton and it was also very good, a little pricy but worth it! There was a lot to do and the Innkeepers were really helpful in making suggestions, they sent us into Easton when we had finished exploring St. Michaels

We are planning to come back for the 4th of July to see the fireworks at the Maritime Museum.
We are coming back with friends this time and we know they will like it as much as we did!

The PatriotThe Patriot