Hilton Washington DC/Silver Spring

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Caution - Scam

Spent one night at this hotel and was very surprised to find they had charged my credit card an additional $250 above and beyond my one night stay. After speaking with three different people, I was finally told the charge was because I had smoked in the room. I do NOT smoke nor does my daughter. This hotel is under construction and the room smelled bad - I assumed it was due to construction materials - but it was definitely not the smell of cigarettes. The manager never even called back after telling me he would investigate - lousy customer service. I would not recommend a stay there - two other hotels directly across the street. I suspect this is a scam they attempt in hopes that no one will contest the charges.

More about Silver Spring

A Silver Spring FreebieA Silver Spring Freebie

Budah himselfBudah himself

My son's Christams joy!My son's Christams joy!

Travel Tips for Silver Spring

Silver Spring is a suburb...

by kathycollins

Silver Spring is a suburb north of Washington,DC. Its a great place to raise a family, and a great place to live...lots of things to do, all the advantages of a major world capital at its doorstep...fantastic parks and recreational advantages...a mutlicultural community that glories in its diversity...HOME!! Before I got my camera, there were 3 cardinals sitting in this tree. It looked like a Christmas card! This is winter in Silver Spring - south of the Mason-Dixon Line, but cold enough for some snow and ice storms!
Of course, my favorite memory of Silver Spring is the joy of raising my family here.

Always tip!! People are pretty...

by Jayden

Always tip!! People are pretty friendly, say hello. Use your descretion. Watch out for cabbies. The fastest way to get anywhere is to use the Beltway after r-hour, Or have someone with you who is familiar
with the area you are going to. Or have someone give you the best way to go., because some of them will try to beat you.

The Buddhist Temple

by New2Mons

"The day of Giving"

I had the opportunity to visit a Buddhist temple in Silver Spring Maryland in 2003.

In ancient days, a monk gained his food by begging. “he takes his begging bowl, and, selecting a street, quietly goes straight down it…. He stops at every dwelling, whether it is of high or low estate, standing in silence for the door to be opened.” Taken from A History of the World’s Religion by David S Noss.

Obviously, in today’s day that is a little harder to achieve. So now, other believers attend the temple on Sundays with an abundant amount of canned foods and drinks and the monks walk around in a circle collecting the donated items.

After this, everyone goes to the back rooms and enjoy a meal, prepared completely by volunteers for the monks. It was one of my most moving trips.

"Inside the Moneastery Assebly Hall"

Prayers and chants precede the giving outside. Here are a few pictures I was allowed to take inside once the prayers were over

"Inside the Moneastery Assebly Hall"

Amyday's Anyday Silver Spring Page

by amyday

I have only been in this area for eight short months but with it being so close to Washington, DC there seems to be plenty to get into. And since I don't have a car yet I especially appreciate that there is an extensive transit system that will take you most anywhere you want to go.

Jayden's new Silver Spring Page

by Jayden

Hi,
i lived here for 3 years. I also traveld abck and forth to S.S. for about 5 years. most of my immediate family still resides there. It is about a 1/2 hr. outside of D.C. It is a very lovely place. If you would like to hear more, just ask!

Comments